Sign in to follow this  
PhilippRauch

Community Armour Systems Project(s) - CASP

Hi folks,

@ Dev-Heaven.net we formed a project called CASP ( Community Armour Systems Project(s) ), where we want to transform the way armor combat, as it is in Arma2 and create something thats makes usage of tanks more 'lifelike' (think 'SteelbeastsPro') not like in vanilla arma, where they are basically big guns on wheels.. well, tracks ..

Topics for the next time for us:

FCS + BCS (Fire Control Systems + Ballistic Computer Systems)

SAS (Scripted Armour System), includes different Damage Systems

Obscuration Systems

Stepped Optics

Gears

internal Systems/Components

Loader Position - becomes more important (ie 4 man crews could become a must)

Autoloaders (Like in some soviet tanks)

... other stuff ( related to 'Tanks' in general like countermine equipment and such)

Basically we work on a M1A1HC model, but this is kind of a 'template', we work on this to develop techniques, workarounds and workflows.

So other developers then can copy through our 'template' addon to make tanks 'CASP-compliant' (if wanted). Also we think about documenting each component of the finished addon in a wiki-style tutorial, for easier understanding of our code and configs. Not really step-by-step, its just too advanced for step-by-step tutorials, but a kind of 'how-to' or rather 'making-of' ... anyway ..

This thread becomes the WIP thread for CASP, here we post new stuff and where you can give ideas and comments, after release. (Hey, there isnt anything yet to comment) :P

---------- Post added at 09:19 ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 ----------

Media Releases:

CASP (stepped) Optics:

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

CASP FCS + CASP M1A1HC

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object> Edited by PhilippRauch

It looks very good, keep up the good work.

If we can put this mod in Arrowhead, then we will have FCS + thermal sights (FLIR)!

It's a great idea, the only thing that worries me is getting info on tanks like the T90, which may well be in short supply. But hell, I'm all for it - good luck to you.

actually, the T-90 doesnt worry me much, there aint too many either... but thats up to the individual devs doing such things, im mostly here to figure out (how) the good stuff (works).

.. all will be good ... :)

ok, waited too long i gues, it may be too late now, but saying that there's not much info about T-90 is ...

just check this page in russian language, where dedicated members analize each detail related to armour:

DON'T PRESS IT

P.S. Use google translate or something and scan through each categorys articles. You wount be dissapointed ;)

Edited by Gedis

Sounds like things really are getting somewhere with CASP. Really glad to hear! We are many who'd love a more proper armour simulation since these current BF2-tanks aren't really much to cheer for ^^

It would be kinda awesome to have this in ACE.

CASP is planned to be more an Open Standard. CASP is more or less intended as a way to advance all of armor combat, by creating the base systems and creating tech demos for those systems. It will be up to the addon makers to implement CASP standards in their addons.

Edited by th3flyboy

The stepped optics are a local 'magic' trick anyway, so no problems with MP imho (testing pending)

Anyway all is intended to be MP compatible to the bone and stable at it.

Would make much sense for armour combat without MP and i personally dont care about AI in this project, thats a job for others ;)

(hinthint.. its an invitation, if anyone has something to contribute to this project, in the fields of armoured combat, then check us, CASP out @ Dev-Heaven.net ...)

Edited by PhilippRauch

had any luck with slaving gun to peri and vice versa?

there must be some way to manipulate the turret orientation etc in script form without changing the entire cfg of the vehicle...i hope

i assume you guys are well aware of NWDS tank FCS in arma

Edited by chappy

Did this project die or is there any alternative maybe for arma2/arrowhead ?

And for that you dig out a more than one year old thread?

Obviously the project is dead by now.