Sign in to follow this  
solidsnake2384

what does arma 2 look like on low settings?

the computer im going to get soon will only run arma 2 from low to medium settings. does arma 2 look bad with low settings or is it just average? a video would help also.

9600GT, Athlon II X2 240, DDR3 2GB, AM3 Motherboard, Antec Basiq PSU. i might get a phenom instead of the anthlon and 4gb instead of 2. id like to thank Frederf for this recommendation but alot might change later on.

Not all that different, though certain things will make you barf without the expensive antialiasing. It's view distance that you should shoot for, so sacrifice as much cosmetic detail as you can to get 2000-4000.

Google claims that this picture is in the lowest setting. http://media.photobucket.com/image/arma%202%20low%20settings/deadfastcz/arma2/arma2low.jpg

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,685770/Armed-Assault-2-Graphics-card-benchmarks-and-visual-quality-compared/Practice/?page=2

Edited by maturin

what does arma 2 look like on low settings?

Operation Flashpoint :D

Edited by doakwolf

In my opinion Arma2 is one of the better looking games at low graphics settings, or rather the difference between high and low is not as pronounced as I have seen it on many other games. Like maturin said, go for higher view distances and reasonable frame rate first and foremost.

would this be able to run on normal settings good and what would the FPS be?

http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/srtest/

This was posted here a while ago. It will give you a decent idea. You should do quite well with a new computer. My powerful, but slightly congested desktop had an allergic reaction to the game and gave me every problem known to man. Now I run the game on normal detail (but Very High overall according to the gfx settings) on a laptop that just breaks minimum reqs according to the link.

9600GT, Athlon II X2 240, DDR3 2GB, AM3 Motherboard, Antec Basiq PSU. i might get a phenom instead of the anthlon and 4gb instead of 2. id like to thank Frederf for this recommendation but alot might change later on.

That is a better system than mine and i run all at NORMAL. With post processing and Terrain Detail (grass) set to LOW. And im running 2500VD. This works really well for me. Only place i really avoid is the 2 biggest cities on Cherna. everything else is smooth as a babys butt. :)

Sgt.ACE's Everon is the island i do most fun playing on. It doesnt maybe look as good as Cherna but damn - the performance is sky high. I can run with 6000VD and quite a lot of AI's and still be able to have smooth gameplay on it.

I think with that PC and making all the necessary tweaks youll have a pretty good ARMA2 rig. Not the best, but definatelly playable and enjoyable.

Alex

are you building the pc your self? with am2+ / am3 based mainboard. the AMD Athlon II X4 620 might be your better bet. they are reasonably priced too.

This is how my game looks like. Almost lowest settings and very low 3D resolution. Runs like crap regardless. :p

a2_shipment.jpg

a2_sneakpeak.jpg

a2_dm1.jpg