Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

AMD.ATI 9.11 WHQL and 9.12 beta drivers

i don't understand AMD! CCC is very basic and all the advance features the card is capable of doing are hidden under the hood ie. Ray Adams ATT. CCC is slow and take up resources, nvidia control panel is more advance and ahead. I think it's about time that i switch back to green :-).

I never install CCC. There is option to install display driver only.

You should be using CCC as there's option to center image scaling, very usefull when using LCD monior.

this looks promissing, a whole new installer for 9.11 too, neat. will post results later when I'm playing ARMA 2.

I remember a Post somewhere, unable to locate on the desired 3D setup for CCC.

Any advise would be appreciated

You should be using CCC as there's option to center image scaling, very usefull when using LCD monior.

Where exactly can I find that with the new drivers and running Win7? It's not where it was before, but I haven't tried 9.11 or 9.12 yet. That was the reason to install CCC for me too.

My Vietcong looks horrible, everyone is bloated.

my FPS has improoved about 5 FPS, and I'm not sure, but my water seems to look a lot beter too

I gained right at 100 points on ArmAMark (so about 10 fps) on my normal test runs.

too bad the legacy driver aren't improved any further... people with 2 year old cards are left in the cold :(

I get some weird white tress flickering with 9.11. Gpu is radeon 4870(512). Though the performance is pretty good...

some improvements with 9.11. for hd5850 (5-10+ fps):)

Yes I have just downloaded and installed 9.11 for my 3650. Now in Arma II i've been getting this wierd graphical glitch, all the foilage has white pixels all over them at distance and upclose.

I didnt have this issue before installing the latest driver, so its driver related. :mad:

Any kown fixes at the moment?

With 9.11 for my 4850 crossfire I got low FPS on the single mission "Counter Attack". FPS dropped from 25 to 5 and then totally hanged when I reach the designated city. I switched back to the previous 9.9 driver while I can get steady 25 to 30 FPS on the same setting.

Yes I have just downloaded and installed 9.11 for my 3650. Now in Arma II i've been getting this wierd graphical glitch, all the foilage has white pixels all over them at distance and upclose.

I didnt have this issue before installing the latest driver, so its driver related. :mad:

Any kown fixes at the moment?

To be honest I started to having the issue in 9.10 in Win7 but not in Win XP.

I still have it in 9.11 in Win7 (not tried yet XP).

In my case I solve it by raising Anisotropic Filter from Low to Normal.

Foliage with white pixels I've only seen if you force Aniso trough a profile, which Arma2 does not like. Best to set both FSAA and Aniso to application controlled.

I get some weird white tress flickering with 9.11. Gpu is radeon 4870(512). Though the performance is pretty good...

I've got lots of shadow issus with new 9.11...I guess there will never be a perfect driver.

I've got lots of shadow issus with new 9.11...I guess there will never be a perfect driver.

you're absolutely right. their CCC is so basic and sub par comparing to nvidia control panel. I'm not sure why nvidia guys are leaving nvidia is it because of the price or technical issues with the nvidia cards! because now i'm willing to spend an extra $50 and switch to green.

Foliage with white pixels I've only seen if you force Aniso trough a profile, which Arma2 does not like. Best to set both FSAA and Aniso to application controlled.

My profile is always set Aniso for application controlled. But I'm using in Win7 ATI Tray Tools while in XP I use CCC. But it was ok before 9.10. So...

Wow both of these give me strange problems.

Compared to 9.9:

9.12b - Loss of about 5fps. 'Receiving...'-bug more often

9.11 - Artifacts, Loss of more fps. 'Receiving...'-bug almost as often as .12

Because I don't have 9.10 I'll stick with 9.9 at this moment.

I'm having a problem with the final version 9.11. The problem is with the tree textures for close view. I see white line border around each tree leave. So I rolled back to version 9.10.