Sign in to follow this  
-Total-

Flight Sim'ers: Lock On 2.0 Announced

I have been waiting for some kind of successor to Lock On to get into flight sims. I played bit of the first one, but never got into it and then it just seemed to old to bother with.

This is great news. I think I'll be buying it, I just hope I can get into it this time.

The graphics on the screenshots don't look too impressive though. I guess it's the same engine version as DCS now. Maybe they will be upgrading the engine along with DCS over time, I hope so.

Six more screenshots in this thread:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=47143

The announcement posts have the same content, but the screenshots are different.

Just depends on the settings really.

Doesn't look like they had the terrain or textures packs loaded in the first set. I get some pretty photorealistic setting with mine.

I haven't been in a combat flight sim since Falcon 4.0, maybe it's time to return :cool:

And in the end of the day when you want true combat flight sim, fire up Falcon 4 with latest user addons ;)

And in the end of the day when you want true combat flight sim, fire up Falcon 4 with latest user addons ;)

For me Falcon 4.0 looks so old, same goes with OpF :p

Well I wouldn't try freefalcon unless you are willing to put up with a lot of instabillity!

Falcon might look old, but it's still unbeaten with it's dynamic campaign and complexity, especially Open Falcon.

Lockon is a nice inbetween, but the thing that holds me off is the lacking of a intergrated dynamic campaign. I'll still keep my eyes peeled at Lockon 2.0, hopefully they won't add starforce this time.

Falcon might look old, but it's still unbeaten with it's dynamic campaign and complexity...

That was what i loved about it... but now today i can't see myself playing it :(

I'll still keep my eyes peeled at Lockon 2.0, hopefully they won't add starforce this time.

[quote from the Q+A

Q: What copy protection will be used?

A: StarForce online activation (only) will be used. Based on the success of DCS: Black Shark protection, we feel this provides the best compromise of user-friendliness and protection of property. Unlike the reported hardware problems reported with an earlier version of StarForce applied to the original Flaming Cliffs, no such issues have been reported with the current online activation method that does not install any drivers to the user’s computer.

Flaming Cliffs and IL2 1946 will both be forever associated with memories of genuine buyers' DVDs not being recognised by Star****.

Shame, since they're the kind of software PC gamers would really love to be able to wholeheartedly support.

Something isn't functioning right when purchasers end up downloading cracked .exes.

If you don't buy a game because of it's protection then you need to get a life...

I myself have had no probs with any protection including SF.

I have Silent Hunter 3 with starforce, but I am pretty hesistant to install it again. They have improved it over time, but their reputation is still really low, especially after that Stardock fiasco. I'll try to be optimistic, it sounds much better that they won't install drivers and such anymore.

Flaming Cliffs and IL2 1946 will both be forever associated with memories of genuine buyers' DVDs not being recognised by Star****

Sounds like what I had with Securom games, you bought a game and then you're deemed a pirate.

Falcon 4 *.* pwns Lockon *.* :D

True but more correct: Falcon 4 Allied force with HiTilesAF. :D

Anyway, instead of being an ignorant fanboi is Lockon 2.0 an expansion or something separate from Lock:on(1?)? My problem is actually to FIND

a place which sells this flightsim and not just flaming cliffs. I dont wanna

buy one piece here and another there, just give us all in one piece...ffs.

/Ranting

hehe

Tom's tiles are/were excellent. :) But IMNSHO any F4 variant beats out any LO variant.

And hey - I guess we don't need FW after all! :D

(But AF was really just SP4+....) ;)

No good news!

This for sure means the cancellation for the 1.13 Patch that should have fixed Lock On for free. It is not the first time that ED let us pay for a patch peppered with a few addons.

I haven't been in a combat flight sim since Falcon 4.0, maybe it's time to return :cool:

Falcon 4 has yet to be beat :)

For stable, online coop get the re-released Falcon 4: Allied Force

Falcon 4 has yet to be beat :)

A really sad fact. :(

Microprose.png

:dead:

No good news!

This for sure means the cancellation for the 1.13 Patch that should have fixed Lock On for free. It is not the first time that ED let us pay for a patch peppered with a few addons.

it is patch 1.13, just more then a patch. It's been updated and intergrated into DCS:BS.