Sign in to follow this  
slatts

Modern Irish Defence Forces Mod

Np man :)

I love the infantry camo & uniform, it looks great with the AUG. :)

I remember an episode of Bas's extreme worlds where he goes with the Irish Defence Force to Chad, i'll try find it because it has some great imagery which you may find helpful. :)

yea got some good things from it

have some sources already ;)

I can do extra research if you need me too. I'd love to help. :) I could do some promotional stuff if you wanted me to because i'm good in Photoshop. :)

EDIT: Have you seen this list yet? Came accross it and thought it might help. :) Sorry if you already seen this or already know. lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_vehicles_of_the_Irish_Army

i know more then what wiki will tell you about us lol

i know its been a while since our last update

however new units are coming..fully OA compatible with custom backpacks and equipment

also our new AUG A1 removing rockets usec augs that have done us proud service :)

ill get some pics up later :)

hey guys

just too update you

due to the fact ive been really busy with school and other issues, im afraid ive put all work aside for now

the mod will continue, but at a very slow pace

thanks for all your support over the last few months :) i promise the mod will release something new, but who knows when :)

regards,

Blinky

Blink.. get the long barrel for the styer mate, thats the Enginers one and there a pack of girls,and the range is bad on them too, also the GPMG has changed mate.. new attachments for the lucy and the kite on the top cover is a guide track just like the one for the styer,also new camo too mate comeing in, wont be long till it out, alot darker and has some changes to unforum, and we have new assult packs, ill talk to you later, im a cpl in the 5th Inf BN so ill give you a little update later, O yea and im a texture artits hahah

LoL :) The textures seem a bit dark :P My bad :D

no mate the new unforums are going to be darker lol your textures are fine mate.

...butsecks from a heavily armed russian that is.

Hey - I thought the MIDF Mod initiation rituals were supposed to be secret! Are they mentioned in the WikiLeaks stuff....? ;) :)

Hey - I thought the MIDF Mod initiation rituals were supposed to be secret! Are they mentioned in the WikiLeaks stuff....? ;) :)

where do ya think the rape charge came from :P

J.K :D

ive been at work with the AUG, however we had a major set back due to a hard drive crash, work the AUG A3 has been stopped for now, however the A1 is still in development, albeit very slowly

i hope to have at least a basic version done to be used with the new units with textures from Nixo and OscerMike

after that, i hope to be able to get a nissan patrol your way

Edited by Slatts

Happy Christmas to all from MIDF mod :D

hope to treat you guys to new addons in the new year :)

Just to let you know, with exams coming up which will pretty much determine my chances of a good working life, ALL of my projects are put on hold and most likely not be worked on untill june of 2011

i will still poke my head onto the forums if you guys ever need to contact me for wahtever reason, but for now MIDF, NTA and any other projects im involved in, are on hold

Hope to have something for you guys in the summer

'gards

blinky

Good luck!

(When in doubt, go with the longest possible answer to the question.) :)

Hey Blink,

Do you need any help with texturing?

Good luck!

(When in doubt, go with the longest possible answer to the question.) :)

yea ive come to be a bit of a good bullshiter in english tests haha keep the A4 pages coming! :D

Hey Blink,

Do you need any help with texturing?

@ryguy, cheers for the offer :) (could have done with you months ago! :D )

but for now im afraid ill have to turn you down, i just feel it would be wrong to put you into all that work and i cant config the addons up for months

Oh yea unfortunately I just checked out this thread. Let me know if you need any textures done for some random models or something.

Oh yea unfortunately I just checked out this thread. Let me know if you need any textures done for some random models or something.

eeh i guess ill find something somewhere for you, ill get back to you on the weekend

Happy Saint Patricks day!

you too!

Hmm I'll admit I only looked at the first page so it may have already been covered, I noticed you want a FV-101 "Scorpion" well I started one early last year for a Falklands War mod for a different yet similar game. Now it's been almost a year so I now consider them KIA, this means... It's yours if you want it (I'll finish it in other words) I use Autodesk 3D Studio Max 2010 so you will need folks that can convert it to Oxygen, do all the stuff needed in that and then import it into your game.

Some shots of the highpoly version:

th_FV101Scorpion-1.jpg

th_FV101Scorpion2.jpg

Entirely up to you,if you do want it just give me a shout and I'll let you know what information I need inorder to get it finished and useable within the Real Virtuality 3 engine.

Regards Hawk.

something newish( worked on these a while ago)

the AUG is ported with permission

the hand animation is from the AAW pack and is just a placeholder( i couldnt keep looking the rifle held wrong :p )and wont be used publicly unless i get permission

weapons so far

AUG A1

AUG A1 M203(not shown)

AUG A2 ELCAN M203

AUG A2 KITE sight

GPMG

SRAAW (Irish name for AT-4)

USP

Lucie NVG's

Sophie thermal imaging equipment

NOTE:

elcan and usp model is by vilas with permission

Pictures:

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm180/guitaro-man/arma2oa2011-06-0418-18-02-48.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm180/guitaro-man/arma2oa2011-06-0418-19-32-32.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm180/guitaro-man/arma2oa2011-06-0716-31-52-25.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm180/guitaro-man/arma2oa2011-06-0716-32-23-87.jpg

and to get our troops into battle and to support them

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm180/guitaro-man/arma2oa2011-06-0418-20-31-98.jpg

these wont be out for a while

i start exams tomorrow and they last for around 2 weeks, so ill get back to work after then

EDIT: oh almost forgot

the new logo

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm180/guitaro-man/midflogo2.png

Edited by Slatts