Sign in to follow this  
slatts

Modern Irish Defence Forces Mod

hey guys,

over the last few weeks ive made some models based on the turrets used by the irish army on the mowag piranha 3H. Also a pilatus PC-9(if i can get it back form my broke pc) ,stalker has kindly given me premission to work on his idf soldiers(dunno if i can release :P )

anyhow i was just wondering if any guys here would be interested in helping out by making models or configs(configs,now every will run away :D )

and i please ask that idiots dont reply by slagging the DF (since other topics have been shut cause of it )

Edited by Slatts

I'm working on some brit special forces right now but i'd be more than happy to help out with any texturing on a part time basis if you'll have me. I can provide past project resume materials if needed.

I've had a hand in making some configs lately, and am interested in learning more about them.

I'd be willing to help out with those, if you don't mind some mistakes along the way from me. :)

(And, if the modelers/skinners don't mind indulging a couple requests from me along the way.) ;)

I'm working on some brit special forces right now but i'd be more than happy to help out with any texturing on a part time basis if you'll have me. I can provide past project resume materials if needed.

nice one cheers might be a while but ill contact you if models need texturing

I've had a hand in making some configs lately, and am interested in learning more about them.

I'd be willing to help out with those, if you don't mind some mistakes along the way from me.

(And, if the modelers/skinners don't mind indulging a couple requests from me along the way.)

hey thats a big plus :D i dont mind mistakes,its hard

cheers for the help there guys,ill contact you guys in future when things take off

right guys herds a list of units id like to release

infantry:

normal woodland units based on troops deployed in chad with EUFOR

desert dpm

UN peacekeepers

ARW

loadout: AUG A1(M203).fn mag,USP,MP5

vehicles:

mowag piranha IIIH in 4 or 5 versions

thales 12.7mm turret

oto meralra 3Omm HITFIST (above in the works)

RWS with M2/MK19

maybe ambulance

possible vehicles:

fv101 scorpion

ford f 350 srv

rg 32

nissan patrol

static: M2

RBS70

EL70

aircraft:

PC-9

EC 135

AW139

CASA CN-235

thanks to deltahawk to allowing us to use his ford f350

if anyone can give us a hand in modelling(more the merrier) or finding these addons listed above ill be thankfully

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm180/guitaro-man/oto30mm.jpg

pic of the 30mm turret for the mowag

Edited by Slatts

Hey, I worked on a repeating camo pattern based on the Irish pattern awhile back. It is just blank colour, not as huge as i would have liked but should be able to scale up at least a bit.

I put it together myself from 3 different sample images, blanked the texturing and stregnthend the colours. The edges are not 100% perfect but it's definatly servicable if you want it.

Link to .png

Edited by Kamping-Killoch

WIP Irish (i guess special forces) working on regular inf also atm...

have the desert guys done also but not configged yet....also please note they are not using the steyr in this pic yet.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m140/Aeneas2020/IDFSFTEMP1g.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m140/Aeneas2020/IDFSFTEMP1e.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m140/Aeneas2020/IDFSFTEMP1d.jpg

hmm for some reason the pic quality on the 1st image sucks...ill get a better shot later. Also tried to give these guys a little bit of a faded in the field look after looking at some pics of new irish uniforms and then some of guys who had been in chad for a long time they seemed pretty sun bleached.

Edited by Aeneas2020

Looking fantastic. :D I know someone who's excited...ain't that right, blink? hehe. ;)

Blink you might want to see if you can change the name of the thread to something more descriptive like "Irish Defence Force Mod" instead of IDF mod plan...a) IDF can stand for a lot of things, b) mod plan makes it sound like an inactive request thread as opposed to a WIP. Anyway some more updates here.

Regular Inf:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m140/Aeneas2020/IDFDay3INFa.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m140/Aeneas2020/IDFDay3INFc.jpg

SF:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m140/Aeneas2020/IDFDay3SFa.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m140/Aeneas2020/IDFDay3SFc.jpg

looking fantastic

changed the title

EDIT: eh? still the same

ah wolle did :D woo

Edited by Slatts

Hey, mod looks great so far. If you'll accept a bit of CC though, I think the uniforms are a little too washed out. Until they're in a really extreme case of wear the colours usually maintain good contrast.

Example ( A little blurry but you get the idea )

Another Example

Other than that it all looks really good. Are there any plans to add extra pouches or anything to the standard infantry. Guys in the DF seem to carry a lot of equipment around their plate carriers, front and back ( you can kind of see that in the first photo )

Oh and dont forget the helmet webbing ( and black boots ) :bounce3::bounce3:

I've got those pics...the camo is WIP until we get some models finished up. Thanks though

yea as aeneas said

once out modeller comes back from holidays ,we should have infantry out soon enough

finishing up the basic lod's and making wheels and lights work on the nissan patrol

so aeneas fantasic units will have some transport,and his SF rangers will have some vehicles fire power hopefully ;)

lookin damn good. I used to be in the army myself, theres a couple of details you have to get right to make the uniforms less 'american' but otherwise looking good. If you can get Steyr AUG A3's with the piccanty rails for the Rangers that would also be great.

And finally, if you can get proper DPM pattern camo and the RBH303IE helmet I will be positively ecstatic.

Dilis go Bráth, as my old Battalion used to say.

dont worry the models are being changed

that is the irish dpm and rbh303

and yea,steyrs are hard to get, more so with the A3

Are you making a cutaway version of the nissan patrols?

Rangers seem to enjoy tank large chunks off their vehicles and ( I assume ) eating them.

Oh dear...

Rangers do love customizing things. The arrogant bastards.

But if you are going to include teh Rangorz , you might want to include their alternate uniforms for hostage rescue and such

Combine-esque anyone?

Don't forget the Hk33 for the Rangers

that "nissian" is a ford F350 :P

dunno about those CTU rangers,they are more internal i think,they wouldnt wear them in chernorus for example (if it were real :P ) i think id rather a L96A1 or AW .50 for a ranger sniper,or a steyr with elclan for a marksman (yes we use elclans now)

little update,

WE HAVE AUGS! :D

WE HAVE AUGS! :D

Is it the FFAA ones? If you forget to include the A3's I shall be very annoyed :D.

if your Irish army rangers use HK 33 i can support with my model , good to see more nations armies in Arma2

Is it the FFAA ones? If you forget to include the A3's I shall be very annoyed :D.

its the USEC ones,i prefer them more,no disrespect to FFAA

but i do notice the ffaa have the L96 and AW .50 hmmmm :rolleyes:

ah ok thanks vilas,ill discuss my "source" :P and ill get back to you regarding the hk33