Sign in to follow this  
oktane

NoBlur Modification - Test Release

Yeah likewise .... can't find file. Re-upload please oktane.

Cheers

Sorry, had file named wrong. Should be fixed.

oktane, thanks for making such a wonderful mod!

I want to point out one thing you may missed in blur mod.

There are 3 main kinds of blur in the game with PP set to high :

1. rotate blur ------- you mod it

2. running blur (the blur of screen edges) -------- you mod it

3. running blur (real full screen blur, keep on running for 30 seconds or more time, you will notice that the whole screen becomes blury, and when you stop for about 5 seconds the screen becomes clear again) --- this one you have not touched.

For all 3 blurs, the last one is the most uncomfortable for me and I guess many people share the same feeling. Can you mod this?

A Big Thank to you for what you have done for us and hope you can keep on improving the mod!

Just wanted to chip in and add my thanks for this great mod, oktane. I do like some of the PP effects in the game, just not the "rotate" blur, and FWIW, on my machine it does seem to have boosted FPS a bit (not scientifically tested, you understand, just how it plays).

Good job, mate.

oktane, thanks for making such a wonderful mod!

I want to point out one thing you may missed in blur mod.

There are 3 main kinds of blur in the game with PP set to high :

1. rotate blur ------- you mod it

2. running blur (the blur of screen edges) -------- you mod it

3. running blur (real full screen blur, keep on running for 30 seconds or more time, you will notice that the whole screen becomes blury, and when you stop for about 5 seconds the screen becomes clear again) --- this one you have not touched.

For all 3 blurs, the last one is the most uncomfortable for me and I guess many people share the same feeling. Can you mod this?

A Big Thank to you for what you have done for us and hope you can keep on improving the mod!

I didn't miss it, the mod was intended for the full screen blur that occurs all the time and sucks performance. If you wish to remove the other blur, the full instructions are available to you in the technical thread.

I do agree that it is annoying because now that there isn't a full screen blur all the time, the transition to the "i'm tired" blur is abrupt. I will probably do it eventually but it isn't a priority. As I said you are welcome to modify your own game with the instructions I provided. As it is now with two file options and beta or no beta, the testing is very time consuming and not worth it. The priority for me is to work on a shader file unpacker and packer, not fulfill the desires of every person's blur preference. Once the unpacker is done it will be easy to choose whatever shader you want to disable as well as pave the way for others to create shader modifications.

Also the reason I am not in a hurry to do it is because that particular blur is an effect that is used for many other things.

Edited by oktane

----------------edit----------------:

d'oh!

Edited by KaBoNG
d'oh!

oktane - will you be updating your mod to support the latest beta (currently build 60718)? It appears that the shader has changed from the last official release (1.04) so I'm thinking that your mod may now possibly be out of date when used with the current beta.

Sure, give me a bit to work on it and test it.

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

They are still the same mate.

Use the v3? I updated the first post but I'm not going to re-release it just to update the readme file to say it works with 60141, 60295, 60308, 60309, 60393, 60588, 60718, 60803 etc. :D

For reference, this is the shader file currently used by the betas:

File: Shaders_DefPP.shdc

CRC-32: 59a21425

MD4: 1fd429be7ead4b404eb9574164fdf807

MD5: 55d1c5b692e786a403e07a4f5979d59b

SHA-1: 4f43fbec337e4b04b03ce5a47f2c86b4f75260ef

You can see if it is updated:

• Get and install this app: http://code.kliu.org/hashcheck/
  • Get and install the beta.
  • Goto the beta's dta directory and depbo bin.pbo
  • Look at the properties of the Shaders_DefPP.shdc that was inside of bin.pbo
  • Click the checksums tab and compare it with above.
  • If it doesn't match, let me know and I'll make a new mod version.

Cheers

Edited by oktane

Oops, standbye...

D'oh! You are right. Sorry. I will keep an eye on it and let you know if I see it change. :)

Edited by KaBoNG
D'oh!

Although the shader hasn't changed, starting with beta 61012, the game CTDs on startup with the noblur mod installed (v2). It appears that when the game finds the bin folder, it tries to compile the shader and errors out (there is a zero-sized shader file left in the bin folder). If I remove the bin folder, all is well.

Although the shader hasn't changed, starting with beta 61012, the game CTDs on startup with the noblur mod installed (v2). It appears that when the game finds the bin folder, it tries to compile the shader and errors out (there is a zero-sized shader file left in the bin folder). If I remove the bin folder, all is well.

Yes I get this rarely also. It even happened when I first made the mod.

However the mod still works if you clean up those broken files that it makes. I have no idea why it does that, it might be some error condition and it thinks the shaders are gone.

I am using it with BETA 61032 right now.

Just want to say thanks for this fix. I can play with PP on high rather than low without feeling sick after 5 minutes, and the game looks awesome now. (I just used the spin blur fix)

Sorry if Im being dumb here but which version do I use to disable ONLY the blur you get after taking a sprint? That has always bothered me way more than the blur when you move your mouse. Thx for doing this!

Sorry if Im being dumb here but which version do I use to disable ONLY the blur you get after taking a sprint? That has always bothered me way more than the blur when you move your mouse. Thx for doing this!

Sorry, there isn't one. The idea is to remove the blur when you turn because it has performance problems. But if you want to mod it yourself there is technical discussion in the other thread mentioned in the first post. You can also see what I did by comparing the stock shader file and the modded one, and put back the data for the rotBlur portions.

It is just easier if you use the combined no fullscreen blur plus no sprint blur file. As I mentioned before, I'm not going to make every person a custom blur shader for their preference. The stuff is all documented if you'd like to make your own.

When the binary shader extractor is done (which it isn't even started yet) then you will be able to do what you are asking, but for now there is only this or DIY.

Yeah sorry, I was going to release it yesterday but haven't had the time yet. Basically nothing has changed, just use the shader file from the 'Beta' folder in the noblur mod and it works great. I was just going to re-release it with an updated readme to note that it works with 1.05.

Cheers

Anyone please can tell me does this work with version 1.05

I have installed this mod, now after 1.05 playing with trackIR enabled, i get no motion blur when turning my head i.e., but without it mb is back.

Edited by thales100

Yes it does, just use the file from the 'beta' folder. 1.05 uses the same shaders as the old 1.04 betas.

Oktane, I can't seem to figure out which exact file to use. The last one I tried didn't work. Basically I'l like to get rid of the blur when I run and when I move my head. I'm using the latest patch and the latest beta patch. Thanks a ton for your help.

Oktane, I can't seem to figure out which exact file to use. The last one I tried didn't work. Basically I'l like to get rid of the blur when I run and when I move my head. I'm using the latest patch and the latest beta patch. Thanks a ton for your help.

The short answer is, use stock 1.05, not the 63826 beta. Sorry.

For stock 1.05, you use the 'beta' shader in the zip file. This seems confusing but it's because it was released before 1.05, when 1.05 was in beta. When 1.05 final came out, it had the same shaders as the old beta. So that's the mod you use.

The shaders are different in the new (1.06?) beta, and something has changed slightly so that the homemade shader extraction tool doesn't work at the moment. Besides that, there's only one beta out, it isn't like they are pumping them out like they used to..

In other news, in a few days I will release a signed noBlur version here for testing. (for 1.05) It can also be noBloom, like keg's old release. Being signed, means you can use it in MP wherever it is allowed.

Edited by oktane

Hey guys

Anyone want to test this out? It's been a long time coming, completely redone in how it works and instructions. It's a mod folder now, and its signed. It's updated for 1.05 and the new 1.05.xxxxx betas.

http://drop.io/ArmA2NoBlur_v1/asset/okt-noblur-v1-0-7z

Please don't mirror it yet, until we know it works for a few folks or if there are issues.