Sign in to follow this  
Rex Ursus

Un-pbo'd files show up as read only files in editor

Any missions that I unpbo into the editor shows up as a read only file. I should mention also that I am running Vista. Need I say more.

I try to change from read only to not read only and it keeps switching back.

however the files that I make from scratch seem to not suffer from the same problem as ones that I import.

I have even tried to trick the system by creating a file in the editor and then replacing it with one from the outside. To no avail.

Has anyone with the wonderful Vista OS encountered this problem and if so how did you work around it short of getting rid of Vista?

It appears that when I take off the read only attribute to the file itself, I still get the following, 'Warning: File is read only' when I try to open it up in my editor.

Edited by Rex Ursus
to clarify.

I only have seen that when the mission.sqm file is missing. Make sure the mission.sqm is present in the root folder for the mission. If it is there and still causing that open the mission.sqm file and look in there for anything abnormal.

Edited by Jonescrusher

I had this error when the mission.sqm was in a sub-folder instead of the main folder of a test mission that I had downloaded. So Jonescrusher was spot on.