Sign in to follow this  
celery

ARMA 2 command/classname update to ArmA Edit

ArmA Edit for ARMA 2

ArmA Edit is a wonderful scripting tool made for Armed Assault by Chris Henderson (CHSoftware) and for some reason it hasn't yet been officially upgraded for ARMA 2. That's why I'm sharing a command and classname update for the 1.3.4000 version of ArmA Edit. It will add ARMA 2 and Operation Arrowhead commands and replace Armed Assault weapon, magazine and vehicle classnames with ARMA 2, Operation Arrowhead and British Armed Forces ones.

armaedit2.gif

>>ARMAHOLIC DOWNLOAD<<

To update your ArmA Edit, extract the files to the root of the program's directory.

The default path is "C:\Program Files\ArmA Edit"

It will overwrite the old files unless they are renamed, meaning that the program doesn't support Armed Assault anymore, just Operation Flashpoint and ARMA 2.

The command list and the rest of the classnames are based on Biki's, Master85's and OFPEC's lists. If you've found an error and know how to fix it, please share it with us in the thread.

Known problems: The wizards are obsolete because they're mostly based on Operation Flashpoint. The unit wizard is still somewhat functional with vanilla Arma 2 weapons added but I didn't update it for the newest release because it's a huge job for a small gain. Some of the infantry weapons had to be categorized under larger families because the program doesn't support the amount of weapons that the game now has. The OA and BAF vehicle weapons and magazines are a mystery to me so they weren't updated either.

Edited by Celery

helpful!

zombie has been tellin me to get Chris's, and this update just pushed me over the edge.

I had it for OFP, but I have been too lazy to get it in its current state.

thanks a lot Celery, now i'm 'up to date' ;)

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

Great, thx for your work Celery!

When i swoped the files i got an error message and had to reinstall as it wouldn't load.

When i swoped the files i got an error message and had to reinstall as it wouldn't load.

That's very strange. :confused:

The two files are basically just word lists that the program uses to recognize classnames and commands. Which version of ArmA Edit did you have and did you get the error message in ArmA Edit or your unzipping program? It's possible that your files somehow got corrupted while downloading or unzipping.

That's very strange. :confused:

The two files are basically just word lists that the program uses to recognize classnames and commands. Which version of ArmA Edit did you have and did you get the error message in ArmA Edit or your unzipping program? It's possible that your files somehow got corrupted while downloading or unzipping.

Hmm not sure what went wrong, all works now though thanks for the unof update :yay:

The update has been updated to include new commands and OA+BAF classnames.

Oh man you just make my day. Have you plan to add ACE stuff also? I started to do that, but its a lot of typing,copyng,pasting so its gonna take me a while. But i can share after i done if you interested.

Oh man you just make my day. Have you plan to add ACE stuff also? I started to do that, but its a lot of typing,copyng,pasting so its gonna take me a while. But i can share after i done if you interested.

I'm not planning to do ACE but if you're going to, you can contact Armaholic's Big or Foxhound to upload a new update. :)

1. Bravo Celery. Usually you and I disagree on most things. But have to give you credit for this.

2. The FreeACE wiki has classlists of ACE items. Might speed along any effort to include those.

I believe the error the previous user got was similar to the one I just got in WinRAR. I wonder if it has something to do with rights/permissions as they are set on the original files or something to do with running one of the two programs as an Admin in Windows Vista?

! C:\Users\username\Downloads\ArmA_Edit_A2update2.7z: Cannot open commands.dat

! C:\Users\username\Downloads\ArmA_Edit_A2update2.7z: Cannot open unit.dat

! C:\Users\username\Downloads\ArmA_Edit_A2update2.7z: Error - operation failed

great work Celery, ive been using arma edit along time, this update is great.