Sign in to follow this  
Draper

Air Support Scripts

Thanks for this super script ;)

I would like as soon as I use this script (I ask a JDAM strike for example) a OGG sound starts: how do I do?

You could probably just do that with a trigger checking if your target is destroyed. A lot easier than trying to build in a 'playMusic' command into this script.

This is a really awesome script, I find I'm using it in almost every mission I play around with these days, awesome work Draper!

I have two questions, how difficult would it be to add a configurable timer between each call? Like 15 min between CAS calls but only 5 min between transport calls. And would it be possible to add vehicles to this list? As in, call for tank support or call for stryker evac? Resupply convoy or medical convoy would be fantastic for a lot of missions :)

Again, amazing script and thank you. Keep up the good work.

Edited by murderhorse

Guys is it possible to HALO rather than parachute when using the 'para' option in transport helos?

Edited by WallyJas
Oops, should have asked this in RUM assets not here

Nice script but I have one big problem.

It's not possible to order a JDAM attack, while the target is defended by AA units like a Shilka. The Jet flys cycles on the first waypoint and nothing happens.

Can somebody help?

Nice script but I have one big problem.

It's not possible to order a JDAM attack, while the target is defended by AA units like a Shilka. The Jet flys cycles on the first waypoint and nothing happens.

Can somebody help?

I had to change the flyinhieght variable to adjust for the map I was on... set it to a higher altitude and see what that does for ya. It works fine now for me after the change.The problem I figured it was to close to the ground when it made its run on the target and wouldn't drop its payload. Realistically, this would be dropped at some higher altitude anyways... :) I will try and find the exact code I changed for it later when I am able to look it up.

Hope this helps.

VRCRaptor

@Kis4m3

playMusic is the command your looking for, would take some work.

@murderhorse

Just go into each script and add a (sleep 60;) or some other time frame to give a delay. For convoys, you'd need to add in addActions to all the menu scripts.

@Flashbang151

You can try a higher height, or maybe tweak the AI behavior. I think it should be at careless already but it might not be. The JDAM drops when the pilots near the taget so its independent of the AI so might be a tougher issue.

... Whew

Mr.Draper,

Awesome work on this, thanks!

I want to replace the support with OPFOR, specifically, PLA aircraft.

Do I need to replace the names here in this script?:

Lastly, my Base will be way out in the water with imaginary aircraft carrier. Is that possible as well?

Thanks!

case EAST:{

airSupFXD = "SU34";

airSupFXDCAS = "SU39";

airSupROT = "Mi24_V";

airSupTRN = "Mi17_medevac_RU";

airSupPIL = "RU_Soldier_Pilot";

airSupBomb = "Bo_Mk82";

};

EDIT: Nevermind...I actually opened the ReadMe to get the answer I needed. How lazy of me.

Will test things out...

Edited by Kommiekat

Hi Draper,

Love your script, use it all the time in alot of my mpmissions.

Question, is it possible to isolate the transport chopper and just have that as a script by itself, I have a chopper taxi script,

but i really like the feature in your script, is it possible for you to give me an idea on how i can get this feature by itself?

What do i need to do? I looked at the scripts, and Have an idea but I'd like to know from you.

---------- Post added at 07:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 AM ----------

Never mind I got it figured out and it works. thanks for the great script!

Never mind I got it figured out and it works. thanks for the great script!

still usually a good idea to post how then any other people with the same request benefit from your findings

Here's the solution I think :

init.sqf

ASfirstrun = true;
nul = [(player to add support to),"trans"] execVM "airSup\airSupInit.sqf"};

copy the airSup folder to your mission, delete the following files if your not using any other options except transport

callFixed.sqf

sendAttHelo.sqf

sendFixed.sqf

I dont know why I asked, as I knew what to do, but basically I left everything as is, only thing you need to change is the init code:

ASfirstrun = true;
if(player == m1)then{nul = [m1,"jadam","lgb","cbuap","cbuat","cbumine","cas","helo","trans"] execVM "airSup\airSupInit.sqf"};
if(true)exitWith{};

I took that code and just made it look like this, just removed all those other features i didn't want:

ASfirstrun = true;
if(player == m1)then{nul = [m1,"trans"] execVM "airSup\airSupInit.sqf"};
if(true)exitWith{};

I didn't remove the other scripts, just the code features in the init script. and i got it to work in the Caa1 version of Domination.

Great script package, been using this in a few missions recently. Quick question though, does or can this support several FACs per side?

I tried starting the init on several units and it seemed to work, until helos started to act strangely, taking the other FACs LZs into consideration, and then sometimes helos were deleted mid flight after a different helo was deleted at the ASpad.

Is there a way to make this work with other units using it as well? Also, do the planes actually get deleted like the helos do? I've seen quite a few crash close to the ASpad. :confused:

Airplanes crashing, might need a deletevehicle at the end, thought I got that bug but its been a while.

It should work with multiple FAC but it sounds like there is some variable cross-talk. If your on a dedi I don't see why the variables would get passed since they're only local to the client. If your trying to run multiple instances at once, on the same machine, then you'd probably get those errors

Ok thanks for the reply. When I added more options I added them as separate cases in the airsupinit.sqf, (airSupTRN2, airSupTRN3 etc) and they all look at different scripts (sendTrans2.sqf, sendTrans3.sqf etc).

The variables inside the scripts are named the same as the other cases/scripts but like you said those should be local to the client. However, they are still interfered with by other FACs and I have no idea why.

Can one FAC call two transport options at once? In each instance of sendTrans#.sqf there would be crosstalk. So if one FAC on his local machine were to call two support helos at the same time then the global variables, like the markers which tell them where to go and when to delete aircraft, will crosstalk on the local machine and give the bugs you described.

If your on a dedi with 2 FACS, calling sendTrans2.sqf twice (or sendTrans1.sqf and sendTrans3.sqf) I don't think there would be a problem, just when one FAC tries multiple things at once.

In either case, it would be prudent to go through a change the global variables so they are unique between the copies of scripts.

Yeah, I've made it so you can't call the same options more than once, works the same as the rest of the options. On the dedi with multiple FACS, when they use the same/similar options this stuff starts happening.

I'll try changing the variable and names etc anyway and see if that works. In the meantime here's a copy of the edit I did incase you wanted to take a look. Any help would be great!

hey man sry to drag up a old topic but i need to ask a question im fairly new to using scripts what i need to know is how do i set the menu to show up for more then 1 person i have name all the units i placed on the map i added em to the init.sqf but minute i add em the script stops workin in total any pointers would help alot

Did anyone manage to get this script attached to and working on a vehicle!

Every time I get a sortie was shot down error!

Really annoying!

Hey guys, sorry to be a noob, just got the version 1.3 installed and adapted to the mission however I keep getting "Sortie was shot down" as soon as I mark a point on the map!?!?! Please help

NOTE: I am running Arma II OA with Arma II, I managed to get it working on Takistan fine... BUT Does not work at all on Chenarus... "Sortie was shot down" every time no matter I do!?!?!

Edited by GODSPEEDSNAKE