Sign in to follow this  
Draper

Air Support Scripts

thanks for your reply again.

got it going :D

great stuff :bounce3:

hey guys.

Sorry if I say something that is not relevant, but if you use a trigger to run the script you wont have that doubble action menu. like this.

then it activate when the player spawn and only that player. I use it whit great succes in my MP Missions.

I forgot to say that I have remove the multible launge string do to some conflict whit R3F logitsic script. so it is all in english. And this one is taken from my mission whit Virtual Training Space ( VTS ) thats why the name is Joueur1. the trigger has to be sync to the the player that has to have the option. set a timer on 30 sec and make it repeat. then you have the option every time you respawn.

I'm not doing something right.... ?

The problem I'm having is that other playable units (group leader in my case) are getting the air support menu after respawn/revive. I've tried to follow that instruction above, but ... how do you sync the trigger to the player. I can't do that? I can group the player to the trigger (but that didn't seem to fix the problem), but when I try to sync player to trigger it doesn't 'take'.

I've also tried using the

if (player == s2) then {nul = [s2,"jadam","lgb","cbuap","cbumine","cbuat","cas","helo","trans"] execVM "airSup\airSupInit.sqf"};

in my init, but that still didn't do it. In my case it's not the group leader that is to get this menu, but the FAC, who is s2. And I'm just not doing something right. Any tips would be awesome.

It seems when I respawn the support option menu disappears, I tired that make the MPRespawn.sqf with no luck it just made the menu disappear completely making it impossible to even use it.

Has anyone got this working on a dedi , so after you die you can use it again ? at the moment when you die eveyone get the option not just the original person

Are you using the MP version of the script?

I have used this on a dedi, but my issue is that the soldier ends up getting the action menu AIR SUPPORT twice.

Draper was going to look at it, I just haven't followed up with him.

Are you using the MP version of the script?

I have used this on a dedi, but my issue is that the soldier ends up getting the action menu AIR SUPPORT twice.

Draper was going to look at it, I just haven't followed up with him.

I also noticed this issue happening on a standard hosted game (not dedicated).

Yes i am using the MP version on a dedi , I get it twice as well but also when I die for some reason everyone eles then gets the Air Support option which is not good !

Any idea why , is anyone else getting this ?

Cheers

Huh, I wouldn't think everyone would get it when it goes off. The MPrespawn.sqf should be used in the init.sqf rather then the init fields, might solve the problem, might not. Should have some time this weekend to test it out and make a sure fire template for a dedi.

That would be great to see this working on a dedi , as a work around I changed the following in mprespawn.sqf

_man =s1; //s1 is the name who i needed to have the action

That seems to work I now only get the action button. but i also have it twice as well :(

Great script BTW love it !

Sounds good Draper! Any chance of integrating mando route for making spawned aircraft taxi properly. I'm thinking about the runways on Fallujah where I have placed lots of fixed wing that are called by your scripts.

Also any randomization function that will task random aircraft to drop random munitions at random places?

Draper's Air Support Scripts v1.3 **

Ok, you guys can do you damnedest to break this. When I tested it I got no doubling up of actions switching between characters, and it gave it back to me when I re-spawned with no double ups. Just have to make sure its all run through the init.sqf

v1.3

- Fixed Transport option

- MP Dedicated addaction setup by default

- OA Standalone options made easier

- Afixing options to a vehicle made easier

** Note to Publishers, Hold off publishing until I know I'm not crazy and it works for everyone

@Kremator

Not sure how you got planes to taxi with these scripts, do you mean RUM Assets? A randomizer function is not something Im looking to do, random drops could be hazardous. You could always put aircraft on a cycle waypoint loop to take off, fly around, and land.

Hi Draper,

Tested it on Dedi , and you only get 1 action menu now !! BUT.........

As soon as the person dies who has control i.e M1 when another player dies and respawns they aslo get the action menu to call in support !!!

have to set the following to stop it for some reason ?!

_man = m1;//_this select 0;

Cheers

thanks psvialli

_man = m1; would limit it to one person so there should be another way, doing a if(player == m1)then{...the stuff in init.sqf for m1 ... } would make the script run locally and prevent that.

I'll try to test it later this weekend unless someone can do it and beat me to it.

Draper's Air Support Scripts v1.3

I made the slight tweak discussed above so now all MP problems should be solved, but as always post me if you find it miss-behaving.

And this version is clear for anyone to publish.

Nice one !

Just a question if I allow 2 people to have the action, and I set it to allow them to call support 1 time is that 1 time per person or 1 in total for both ?

Cheers

Since the script is local to each player, if you set it to 1, each player will be able to use it once. You could change that fairly easily, I think, by putting at the end of each "send<blank>.sqf" a publicVariable "ASnumJDA"; ... etc. (Thats just for JDAMs). If you wanted JIP capabilities, it would require some more finessing by setting the count of times someone (ASnumJDA, etc) uses it as a ASpad setVaraible ["ASnumJDA",ASnumJDA,true]at the end of each send script. The "ASpad" which is local to the server, can then have the client grab the variable from the ASpad when it starts out the "send" scripts. (ASnumJDA = ASpad getvariable "ASnumJDA") And then for as long as the mission runs the the count will be one hierarchical number.

Draper great job, I love this script, I ask only one question, I tried to change the type of plane, F35B, with AV8B, or attack helicopters AH64D by AH1Z or AH1W but does not work or I get the helicopter is in back, I tried to play the U.S. Army and USMC player, I followed the instructions attached but I can not work, what am I doing wrong?.

Thanks again good job!

Could you post your modified airSupInit.sqf file? Could just be a small syntax error. Which could also show up in your arma20a.rpt file.

At the end I was right, I work every change I make the AH1W except, when I use it tells me: the flight of helicopters have been down!, this is the modified file that I used:

_man = _this select 0;

/// Change classnames for different aircraft ////////////////

switch (side _man) do {

/* For CO

case WEST:{

airSupFXD = "F35B";

airSupFXDCAS = "A10";

airSupROT = "AH1W";

airSupTRN = "UH1Y";

airSupPIL = "USMC_Soldier_Pilot";

airSupBomb = "Bo_Mk82";

};

case EAST:{

airSupFXD = "SU34";

airSupFXDCAS = "SU39";

airSupROT = "Mi24_V";

airSupTRN = "Mi17_medevac_RU";

airSupPIL = "RU_Soldier_Pilot";

airSupBomb = "Bo_Mk82";

};

*/

case WEST:{

airSupFXD = "F35B";

airSupFXDCAS = "A10_US_EP1";

airSupROT = "AH1W";

airSupTRN = "CH_47F_EP1";

airSupPIL = "US_Soldier_Pilot_EP1";

airSupBomb = "Bo_GBU12_LGB";

};

case EAST:{

airSupFXD = "L39_TK_EP1";

airSupFXDCAS = "Su25_TK_EP1";

airSupROT = "Mi24_D_TK_EP1";

airSupTRN = "Mi17_TK_EP1";

airSupPIL = "TK_Soldier_Pilot_EP1";

airSupBomb = "Bo_GBU12_LGB";

};

};

Congratulations again for this script and RUM, which is another great, I love you, man!

That looks like a fine change so I'll have to just go down the list of ways fix...

1) Are you positive your running Combined Ops and not just OA standalone?

2) Can you get your arma2oa.rpt file (Application Data file in Win XP) and see what happens at the bottom after you try to play the mission. (too big to paste then PM me a copy)

Usually when it says the helicopters have been downed right after calling it is because it didn't create them. It wouldn't create them if "AH1W" didn't exist or airSupROT wasn't defined, yet it clearly is.

Well I send the rpt by pm, I deleted the old to get a new one with information on the particular game happens to me.

I run Arma 2 OA Combined operations

Hi Draper,

can you also include an option to call helicopters like MH60 or CH47/CH53 to drop soldiers at the marked position please. The helicopter should land.

Is this already planned?

Tino

At the end I was right, I work every change I make the AH1W except, when I use it tells me: the flight of helicopters have been down!

Since you're talking about the Whiskey model, I'm going to assume that you're using ACE. There is no such classname as "AH1W".

There are plenty of AH1Ws, all of which can be viewed in the Config Browser, if you want their classnames.

http://browser.dev-heaven.net/cfg_vehicles/show/1132782

http://browser.dev-heaven.net/cfg_vehicles/show/1132784

http://browser.dev-heaven.net/cfg_vehicles/show/1132783

http://browser.dev-heaven.net/cfg_vehicles/show/1132785

http://browser.dev-heaven.net/cfg_vehicles/show/1132786

http://browser.dev-heaven.net/cfg_vehicles/show/1132787