Sign in to follow this  
Draper

Air Support Scripts

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1677938&postcount=178

First look at this, this may be part of your problem.

Second, if your dying while flying thats AI difficulties I cant help, but you may have two options. One, go into the scripts and set a higher "flyinheight" altitude. Two, use another script to make the AI smarter to avoid terrain and trees (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8118)

Can you add an option to call the script from an object (i.e. with addAction)?

Also, can you make it so that the choppers / aircraft ONLY target the enemies that the player designates, instead of enemies on the other side of the map?

Edited by Buzz_Fledderjohn

http://forums.bistudio.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=1779254

Read the posts between me and major woody at the top of page 6 in how to get a vehicle to have the action menu.

As for the choppers and aircraft, I assume its with the CAS calls, which are just SAD waypoints. One would have to add another waypoint before it to have it ignore everything up until the marker. I keep saying that Ill get around to doing some of these fixes but never seem to do so... that being said, ill fix that in another update. Maybe in a Final version ... *knocks on wood*

Draper, this is an amazing script, thanks for the time you've taken to make this. I have a question, how would I go about adapting this to work with 'Vietnam: The Experience', a mod? It would be awesome to have B-52 strikes, A-1 napalm runs and things like that. Thanks in advance.

I don't think it would be too difficult to change the aircraft to the B52 and to drop a shedload of bombs on a target.

We'll have to wait to see what Draper has for us? Perhaps a Christmas present ? ;)

Napalm could be doable aslong as VTE does all the effects, you could swap the JDAM (sine they didnt have GPS back then :) ) for a napalm round in the classname look for switch (_type) do { in sendFixed.sqf and you'll see in the jadam section "Bo_Mk82" make that "VTE_napalm_classname".

As for the B52 that may take some work. If you wanted to add another support type you would have to go through the menu system to add it. You could hijack say the cbu(mines) and just call it something else in the stringtable.xml and then edit under the switch (_type) in sendFixed.sqf to get maybe a couple JDAM-like rounds to hit the target and all around it. (if you want a carpet bomb effect you'll need to work out the math on that so the spread out along the flight path) something a may be doing for CBU's in RUM Assets so if your still interested I could share what I work out with that when I do figure it out.

I am having trouble with this.

I am trying to put;

- In init.sqf put "ASfirstrun = true;"

into the init.sqf.

Here it is in the sqf. I don't know what I should be adding to make it work.

[xvec1,0],[xvec2,1],[xmedvec,10],[xvec3,20],[xvec4,21],[xvec5,22],[xvec6,30],[xvec7,40],

[xvecR1,100],[xvecR2,101],[xmedvecR,110],[xvecR3,120],[xvecR4,121],[xvecR5,122],[xvecR6,130],[xvecR7,140]

] execVM "x_server\x_vrespawn2.sqf";

#endif

ASfirstrun = true;

#ifdef __ACE__

if (!(__TTVer)) then {

[HC130, 300] spawn x_vehirespawn;

[towtrac1, 280] spawn x_vehirespawn2;

[towtrac2, 280] spawn x_vehirespawn2;

[towtrac3, 280] spawn x_vehirespawn2;

[towtrac4, 280] spawn x_vehirespawn2;

};

I copied your init.sqf file. It didn't have and # or " 's

Help! It's a Dom map so that is the extra stuff.

I'm not familiar with the syntax your using. I don't think anything after #endif will work I've only seen # in description.ext for including .hpp files. I've never edited a Dom so maybe that does work. But if you have also the addAction defined somewhere else and the stringtable.xml, and the airSup folder, it should work. You could look in the .rpt file in your Application Data folder to check that the init.sqf is working.

Also, I think others have tried this, maybe look back through prior posts and PM the people who post about Dom's as they probably worked out alot of the kinks already.

I literally just stuck that code in where it looked like it was "in between" things. I am very new to scripting so I don't claim to have that in the right spot. I tried to mimic your code, but just placing it in the DOM version.

Do you think it should be in a better place or not after the #endif?

I would try it as the first line, and then add the DOM stuff after.

This is the beginning of the init.sqf for my Dom. I tried it before and the mission objectives don't come up after you get control of your soldier.

Where exactly would you recommend putting it so it might work with it...?

#include "x_setup.sqf"

diag_log format ["############################# %1 #############################", missionName];

if (!isNil "d_init_started") exitWith {};

d_init_started = true;

enableSaving [false,false];

enableTeamSwitch false;

#ifdef __ACE__

if (isServer) then {

ace_sys_aitalk_enabled = true;

publicVariable "ace_sys_aitalk_enabled";

ace_sys_aitalk_radio_enabled = true;

publicVariable "ace_sys_aitalk_radio_enabled";

ace_sys_tracking_markers_enabled = false;

publicVariable "ace_sys_tracking_markers_enabled";

try after if (!isNil "d_init_started") exitWith {}; or the very first line

I'm sorry, I am trying real hard here. :(

I did both the first line and the line you recommended. The player has the code in his init.

Both don't give him the option under actions.

I can get you a copy of the map if you like?

Hey Draper love your script man, nice work.

Not sure if it has been mentioned but I built a mp mission with the feature in the mission, it works in mp np,

but the problem that does come up is that whoever has control of the feature to call airsupport if he dies and

respawns then the airsupport is no longer availiable to him, how do you fix that so it stays?

Hey Draper,

is it possible to change the LBG to a GBU12 for the fixed wing option, the lgb dont seem to do anything.

Also I was thinking if it were possible to have it where you can call a fixed wing and then have the option for

a hellfire to be fired but the player calling would have to laser designate.

Your thoughts.

LGB's dont drop on the first run because its up to the AI to target and fire, haven't really fixed that yet.

Yeah I think its possible to do that, but I wouldn't do it with these scripts here, I'd more likely try it in RUM Assets (see signature)

First of all, thank you for this script it is great, nice and simple even for a new comer like me.

I wanted to ask if there is a way for only one player to control the option, but allow other players to give the all clear to the pilot when the first player is not present.

I wanted to use the script for a HQ player, who would send out the various air support to players in the field.

thanks for your time

Which option would this be for? To do anything between players you'd need to know a little more about locality and do some publicVariable magic to get it to work. If i know specifically the problem I might be able to talk you through it.

In order to get your script to work, v1.2, I needed to cut every instance of "airSup\" from all sqf files. as in, "airSup\airSupInit.sqf" to just "airSupInit.sqf" etc. After that, it works fine in your provided mission. I like it! ( Did I do something wrong? :o :) )

Edited by Signalman

Well thats not as it was intended but if thats what got it to work for you then great. It just sounds like you could have kept all the files in the missionfolder/airSup/scripts.sqf folder rather then putting the scripts straight in the mission folder

Thanks! I knew I was doing something wrong.:o I think I took all of the files out of the airsup folder when I put them into the mission folder and that messed it up. I forget. ( People. You don't need to do what I did! lol ) Question; Is there a way I can use the transport helo to provide a air drop or just land with a ammo resupply? If not, do you know a good file for resupply by air? Thanks again.

First of all, thank you for this script it is great, nice and simple even for a new comer like me.

I wanted to ask if there is a way for only one player to control the option, but allow other players to give the all clear to the pilot when the first player is not present.

I wanted to use the script for a HQ player, who would send out the various air support to players in the field.

thanks for your time

Which option would this be for? To do anything between players you'd need to know a little more about locality and do some publicVariable magic to get it to work. If i know specifically the problem I might be able to talk you through it.

thanks for replying Draper,

I have made a co-op map and have used this air-support and tried the RUM assets.

What I want is for all of the support options to only be availible for one member. How would I go about making sure only one member has the option to call in support?

So if all else fails you can run either set of scripts through the addAction style menu which will be defined to only one character. Look in either set of scripts init.sqf files for how to do this in more detail.