Sign in to follow this  
Draper

Air Support Scripts

Its not that simple though, he uses alot of code defining, so its not about grabbing scripts from the folder because there will probably only be one script that actually does it, but then that one script will use code predefined in the initialization (which then the code that is predefined will use code defined even before it). Its so interdependent it wouldn't be worth anyone's time (even to ask Lurch) to try to select out exactly what is needed. The best bet is to run both at the same time.

PS $20 bucks he's a CS major, those guys are always "efficient" with their code writing.

Lol, I'd rather not, I have this gut feeling you're right :p

And fair enough, though I'm still struggling with getting it working myself again >_> works fine from the init line, but try and initialise it through that script I linked to earlier, and it won't have any of it >_> ah well, at least I've got a decent version of the mission to build on now, I'll be keeping a keen eye out for v2 ;) if you need any help with testing it, fire me a PM. I'll be able to implement it in a Domination port and run it off our dedicated server.

I can shift the addAction to be on your person

can you explain the addAction?

will it allow the chopper to be cleared to go from any location?

is this airsupport have model func?

What do you mean? As in does it change the models of the plane/heli you use for support? Like adding the correct armaments to the weapons loadout used for the support call? I'm pretty sure MMA does. I believe this script just spawns the plane and then spawns the correct armament below the plane/above the ground target. I believe so at least.

Take care.

i mean , act and init..triger or something like that?

Does this work with OA standalone?

I have changed all the classnames etc. but when I click the menu, no supports show up:confused:

Could you help?

EDIT: Works now :D

Edited by Guest

transport doesnt work for me, it says the flight RTB immediately after the mapclicks.

What do I need to do to get this to work in OA? I have it running fine in ArmaII original. I don't get the menu option to select air support in OA.

EDIT: Sry, missed that post somehow, where the solution was found. thx

well, first of all, thanks for the nice script, implemented it in my mission.

so, now, my problem is, that if a playable unit respawns, it has the airsupport menu several times (tested on dedicated server) . any solutions for this one?

:confused:

thx for your help in advance

Edited by Noricum
Problem solved

I tried fixing the class names but I still can't get the script to work in OA. I'm at a loss. I have it working fine in the original arma2. Do you need to change the EAST class names also?

Edited by Deathcon5

There is a bomb classname in the send_strike.sqf (I believe, just one of those files for fixed wing) it uses the harrier GBU which isn't in OA so you can change it to the A10 LGB bomb which will work in both.

I messed up an OA version of these scripts so I'll have to sort it out before I post it.

Hi,

This "module" is really useful and awesome. However I have a little bug :

In the editor, I load my mission, in which I already used successfully the scripts, but the action "air support" in the menu does not appear. If I load your demo mission, preview, and then load back my mission, then it works.

The init is not exactly the same in both case (only ACM initialisation AFTER air support init code), but the script is unmodified. m1 is the player.

Any solutions ?

Cheers

OK I missed something...

Is there a manuel the readme is not sufficient for me I am not sure how I can use this mod in SP or MP, also what are the specific steps to installing it. My download has a mission.sqm in it then an subfolder... um ???

Thanks I want to try this but don't know how to.

if I setup a mission how do I add it?

And lastly will it work in any mission I use combined operations retail.

@guyfawkestom

I'm not sure what you mean. If there are two separate missions, my demo and your mission, they should not be dependent upon each other in any way. Move the folder airSup and add in the init.sqf code it should work in your mission.

@IMATEK

Yeah, I kinda assumed anyone using it would know basic mission editing. So what your supposed to do is take the folder airSup which has all the scripts and put it in your mission folder which you create in the editor. The your mission folder should be in your C:/My Documents/Arma 2/missions folder as "testmission.takistan" provided you saved the mission as "testmission" in takistan ... and using Windows XP not sure about Vista or 7. then copy the code from the init.sqf into your init.sqf, if you don't have one use the one I provide and then name your unit in the editor "m1" and it should work.

You can just put my demo mission in your C:/My Documents/Arma 2/missions and just test it from there too. but its a .chernarus mission

I'm not sure what you mean. If there are two separate missions, my demo and your mission, they should not be dependent upon each other in any way. Move the folder airSup and add in the init.sqf code it should work in your mission.
I tried this, and several other :

- Copy init.sqf and folder AirSup from your mission, just add a line [] exec ACM.sqf to set up the ACM module (this works btw) --> doesn't work

- if i create a brand new mission in chernarus, player m1, H ASpad, init.sqf and folder from your mission --> Doesn't work

- I just load your mission, not even preview, and reload directly mine after --> It works. It's incredible.

EDIT : If I wait 10 (real) minutes, air support appears in the menu (without preloading your mission).

It seems that the more I have addons, the longer is the "initializing" time : Fast with Arma, Really Longer with CO, and even longer with my config. And it's faster with a USMC unit rather with a US unit or User_Created faction unit.

Still I don't understand why if I load your mission, and then reload mine, AirSupport appears Immediately...

I've never seen such "dependancy", and I cannot explain.

I use CAA1 (all), Combined OP, bb_mercenaries, RH weapons (all), MRAP (caiman/Maxxx) and F4 wildweasel... but I don't think that it has something to do with my problem

EDIT2 : Solution. Actually it required the stringtable.xml to be drop in my mission. I'm stupid, I'm Sorry.......

Edited by guyfawkestom

Oh ok, glad you figued it out, must load the .xml and carrys it over to other missions, very strange but learned something new.

Yeah I'm Glad also, because it took me the all morning to figure it all :D.

Now I can work on a good "sandbox" mission with good and enjoying AirSupport.

Just a question :

- How hard would it be to add a script (maybe with addfunction) that spawn a Smokeshell for the transport option, when the chopper arrives ? That would be a detail, but very immersive !

can u post your arma2oa.rpt?

I was getting the error: "String STR_MENUASM not found" in the RPT file.

I figured it out, thanks to the recent post, that I needed the string table. I didn't remember that being mentioned in the instructions. But, I put the string table in from the example mission and it's working. I get a few errors that pop up, but it's working.

Draper, looking forward to that AO version. thanks again for the awesome script.

Edited by Deathcon5

Hey Draper, great work, but I have a little issue with the transport feature. If you are on any map with hills/trees the transport will crash everytime and then says that it has been shot down, even if I haven't added any OPFOR units to shoot it down. I've been looking for a transport script for quite awhile that works with OA/ACE and all of them that I have tried only work on ARMA II (NO DLC/MOD). So this is really great for me, except for the fact that I die while being transported on any map that isn't flat. Is there anything that I can change within the script that you know of that could change that?