Sign in to follow this  
Draper

Air Support Scripts

@Splicer, thanks for trying that out, I'll probably do some more work on it this weekend, so PM or email the script as you have it now and I'll look it over

Hi Draper,

Got swamped last week and haven't touched ArmA2 for almost 10 days! (What a sin!). :D

I'll send you later in the week the script off line so you can take a look a it.

Best, Splicer.

@Splicer, thanks for trying that out, I'll probably do some more work on it this weekend, so PM or email the script as you have it now and I'll look it over

@Ringhejm

if(jadam or lgb or cbuap or cbuat or cas or cbumine) then {as1 = _man addAction ["Call Fixed Wing","airSup\callFixed.sqf",[], 40, false, false, "", "_target == player"];};

if(helo or trans) then {as2 = _man addAction ["Call Helos","airSup\callHelo.sqf",[], 30, false, false, "", "_target == player"];};

as4 = _man addAction ["Exit menu","airSup\exitMenu.sqf",[], 10, false, false, "", "_target == player"];

I edited the strings so they go without the localize command, compare this with yours and thats what you'll need to do to edit it.

Thx Draper, it works like a charme.....

Great script by the way.

Hey, I made it and work:) I used what was in Init.sqf and wrote in the Init of the player. Now everything works on MP THANKS:yay:

Hi guys

First of all amazing script very nice Draper...:bounce3:

Im making a mp mission were 1 side has some air support, but if got a little problem, ive seen 2 solutions on the script post and any of them are valid but I cant make them work can somebody explain them in a bit more detail.

1) Make a vehicle have the options instead of a player i folowed all the steps of page six with mayor woodys answers and no luck, i had some options on the vehicle but very bugy and all the support die at the moment i called them.

If i could make a vehicle static at base with the option would be greate for the mission.

2) The other option is to make a player have the option but in mp if you die you lose the menu and if tried the last page fix for that and it happen just like the vehicle one not working as intended very bugy.

im spanish so my english isnt great and im a noob in scripts so if you could explain slowly step by step would be great.

thx a lot Jaime

So it seems that both issues are stemming from the planes crashing when they are called? The easiest way for that to happen is to not have the "ASpad" (any static object with the name "ASpad" from where the planes start).

Try with a fresh start and do one thing at a time, it will make finding where you go wrong easier.

ok if tried the multiplayer fix first

Fresh install and done it a few times to check all correct.

And what happens is that on the menu it appears bugged i can only chose at first airsupport and then it only appears exit menu so its imposible to call anything in.

Do i have to play in lan or a server to make it work or it should work on editor as well_

How are you calling for the player? [unitname,"option1",option2"] execVm airSupinit.sqs is what you should be doing to call it else the problem is the airSupInit.sqf. without the options there it would do what you saying. There should be no reason doing the MP fix would limit your options.

And what happens is that on the menu it appears bugged i can only chose at first airsupport and then it only appears exit menu so its imposible to call anything in

yea i have the same thing, i assumed it was a conflict between the 2 different types of stringtables, one being xml the other being excel. but i moved the airsupport string table into the airsupport folder and did a #include airsupport/stringtable etc in the init and still no joy... whas got me thinking now is i did a test of this airsupport a couple weeks ago and it worked, now im trying to put it in my domination ports and no joy,,maybe its a conflict with mando or ace. i put it aside for now unless you have any ideas...

The stringtable.csv is outdated, it should never ever, till the end of time, be used again.

If domination or some mission has a stringtable for itself, for use with another script, the two stringtables should be merged into one (thats how it was with .csv stringtables and the rule still applies to .xml, I believe).

Hi draper

The name of the player is the same one of the test mission m1 I think the problem and that is why im using the mp fix is that if got respawn on my mission and when i put the air support the normal way in the mission it disapears after the respawn of the player.

But is it easier to put the option in a vehicle for example? cause that would be greate for mi mission im using the ffaa mod and they have a tipe of humvee with coms and antenas and that could be greate.

I tried to do the vehicle fix but it dint work it had some options in the vehicle but also the player so it was not working as intended could you explain what exatcly to do from the test mission what files to change.

To put on a vehicle go through each script and do the following...

1) change "_target == player" and replace with ""

2) change _man = _this select 0 to _man = _this select 1

Hello) guys who have this script to work correctly in multiplayer? Give a link to download please :) I can not do it working after respawn :confused: Thx.

The stringtable.csv is outdated, it should never ever, till the end of time, be used again

ok draper ill merge and try again

I to cannot get this working in MP with revive. I have tried the script Draper has posted but no go. I spent hours on this and couldn't get the script to reinitialise after a player respawns or is revived. Anyone able to assist?

Air Support v1.2 w/ MP respawn

This is an example of what I've done to have it respawn capable, however you may have to tweak it to your use. I have know idea how this may conflict with norrin revive or anything like that. All I did was do what I outlined in the previous post, so I would appreciate any other suggestions, like for someone to let me know if it works ok with revive, etc.

Something in your MP script seems to crash my server. Anyone else experience crashes?

Edited by django333

I'm not sure what you mean. If they die you get the air support menu back and you can call in helicopters again. Or is that the problem, the menu doesn't show up again?

I'm not sure what you mean. If they die you get the air support menu back and you can call in helicopters again. Or is that the problem, the menu doesn't show up again?

If the helicopters die and I try to call in more, the message "The flight of helicopters have returned" pops up immediately after I call them in.

I'm using the latest version.

Well, I might try to fix it, but I might not. I've been busy lately and have been working on another scripting project. (an Air Support v 2.0 and more...) I'll be sure to fix this issue in a future release though. And if anyone else wants to take a crack at it they should post thier results here.

I've been busy lately and have been working on another scripting project. (an Air Support v 2.0 and more...)

oooh O.o

Any info on that?

Wow indeed a good script, why haven't i noticed this earlier?...

In my opinion such things belongs into the "addon/mod:complete" area.... Under mission editing with the tons of questions you will often overlook such great things like this.

@AnimalMother

Well, I don't wanna spoil/hype anything... but I will tell you its going to be in a dialog box this time around.

@mr.g-c

Ill keep that in mind next time.

@AnimalMother

Well, I don't wanna spoil/hype anything... but I will tell you its going to be in a dialog box this time around.

@mr.g-c

Ill keep that in mind next time.

i remember your first post where you where crying c'mon mando but now it seems you are going to fill in his place :P

the scripts work fine at my side exept for the transport option those choppers return to base after several second

If the helicopters die and I try to call in more, the message "The flight of helicopters have returned" pops up immediately after I call them in.

I'm using the latest version.

Draper,

I noticed this as well using only your air support demo mission.

For instance, I call the transport helicopter, mark a pick up and drop off on the map, the transport helo comes and takes me to the drop off location.

After the helo RTB's, I call again for transport helo, I'm asked to mark pick up and drop off. It says, "transport helicopter in route" then immediately says, "The flight of helicopters has returned".

All other calls for service are able to be called multiple times ( I think 99 in the airSupInit script).

I've spent about five hours looking over the script(s) and can't find anything. The funny part about this statement is I have no idea what I'm looking at! LOL :banghead:

I know feedback is always appreciated and my hats off to you. Thanks.

Edited by mrbinkels
misspellings