Sign in to follow this  
Enarcy

Placing water on a map (Lakes, Dams, etc)

I'm trying to work out how to create a small lake on a map. I know it can be done (eg. Topolka Dam in Chenarus) but I can't find any information about how to do it.

Does anyone have any ideas?

yes, water objects can be placed with this addon:

3-map_eu_s01.jpg

3-map_eu_s02.jpg

MAP Editorupgrade (EU)

by

Lester

Armaholic Link here

The MAP_EU would be required for editing and playing !

the water objects may need to be setpos above 0 for you to see the water texture.

It is best viewed from above, it has no texture underneath.

the water is just a flat object that may or may not blend into the terrain depending on the height.

place the following code in the objects init field (the bold number is the height value).

this setpos [ getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, (getpos this select 2) +[b]1[/b]]

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

-Ziggy-;1489644']yes' date=' water objects can be placed with this addon:

']

MAP Editorupgrade (EU)

by

Lester

As we are in the Visitor section, this is not really the answer.. In order to have lakes and dams, you'll need to place one of the pond items in the \ca\structures\pond directory. I would assume that you would place it as an "Artificial" object. I've not used them at all, so you may need to experiment a bit..

Edited by madine75

As we are in the Visitor section, this is not really the answer..

I 'really' answered him based on his question, not 'what forum section I am in',

I bet he thinks 'visitor' is himself ;)

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

As we are in the Visitor section, this is not really the answer.. In order to have lakes and dams, you'll need to place one of the pond items in the \ca\structures\pond directory. I would assume that you would place it as an "Artificial" object. I've not used them at all, so you may need to experiment a bit..

Ah, so all water bodies except the ocean must be placed on the map as an object.

Thanks for your help.:)

Hate to do another necro but i would kinda need that 50x50m water object for my rivers, but it is no longer avaliable, does anyone have it?