Sign in to follow this  
BlackEye1

Multiplayer - Invalid CD Key

I purchased Arma II through GoGamer here : http://www.gogamer.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=77101526&categoryId=65184. I received the game, and installed it with the key that was on the back of the manual. It didn't complain during installation, so I thought everything was fine. I installed patch 1.04 without issue as well.

Whenever I try to connect to a multiplayer server I get a message that says "Invalid CD Key" with a string of hex digits behind it. I thought I might have mistyped the key, so I uninstalled and reinstalled again, making sure the game directory and the registry entry for Arma 2 was clear, but I still get the same error after reinstalling. I also rebooted to see if that would help, but it did not.

What can I do to fix this?

Edited by BlackEye1

Exactly the same problem. I unfortunately typed in the password incorrectly, but corrected it the retry. I installed 1.04 and can not do MP due to incorrect CD key.

My single player is fine.:confused:

I also bought ARMA2 at Gogamer.com

Any ideas?

Edited by Radsr30

Since no one seems to be able to help with this issue, I have requested a return authorization from GoGamer. I suggest that for all with this problem.

Obviously they are having an issue with people purchasing the game and stealing the CD Key, then returning the game.

:(

Since no one seems to be able to help with this issue, I have requested a return authorization from GoGamer. I suggest that for all with this problem.

Obviously they are having an issue with people purchasing the game and stealing the CD Key, then returning the game.

:(

That might actually be the problem. Someone bought the game, returned it and kept the key. Next one buys the already used game and key and now 2 people are playing with the same key hence it gets blacklisted.

There's not anything we can do here, we Mods have no chance to get you a new key so best is to complain @ gogamer and solve the issue with them.

I have done the same submitting my problem to GoGamer. I also noted that when recieved, my game seemed to have an 'aftermarket' shrink-wrap leading me to believe that you guys might be correct, that the game had already been purchased and returned. W0lle, you stated in another post that you could check the key for validity, is that something I should do before returning the game? Can you also tell me if it has been 'blacklisted'?

I was also suspicious of the contents of the box when I received the game, as the manual had a tell-tale thumb crease on the last page as if someone already flipped through, and the DVD had a few scratches.

It looks like they require you to login to get an RMA. Unfortunately, when I ordered the game, I specifically did not create an account, and I don't see how to create one after the fact. I used their support link to send a request, but I'm not hopeful. They still haven't gotten back to me from the last request I sent 2 days ago. Well, this was my first and last purchase through GoGamer.

I have done the same submitting my problem to GoGamer. I also noted that when recieved, my game seemed to have an 'aftermarket' shrink-wrap leading me to believe that you guys might be correct, that the game had already been purchased and returned. W0lle, you stated in another post that you could check the key for validity, is that something I should do before returning the game? Can you also tell me if it has been 'blacklisted'?

Nope it's not me but Placebo has that power. You should get in touch with him for that service. :)

I also thought the "shrink wrap" looked suspect. I sent a private message to Placebo and also a message to GoGamer.

Hopefully get some type of answer. I will repurchase the game from a local store this time.

I have used GoGamer many times and have been very happy with them, I wouldn't give up on them yet. Maybe just 1 game issue.

Now that I look at it, GoGamer offers two ARMA 2's... one for 39 and one for 34.. I wonder what the difference is?

Not sure about the difference Bond but you are correct.

I did contact GoGamer and they apologized and offered to exchange ARMA for a new

one. Can't ask them for much more than that.

They will not send you new one, they will send you the cheaper one.

:bounce3::bounce3::bounce3::bounce3:

Here I am, another one joining the Club !

This is just unacceptable. How a store online can re-sell returned games?? where are they living?? don t they know ppl make copies of software?? hmm.. I am so pissed!

I sent 'em an email on the Customer Support demanding for an RMA and a full refund. I have no idea iif they r gonna make my life difficult.. but i swear i will never ever buy another crap from them.

Well, the stores got to live too you know. Prices are really pushed as it is with quite small margins. If they threw away all returned games I think it'd leave a quite noticable dent in their budget. Then of course cases happen like this thread is about, but not everyone returning games is dishonest, and I'm sure many of the returned and resold games works perfectly. Always some people that get to bite the sour apple though :(

@ Inkompetent:

You know, i really do not feel like giving a goood word for who conduct business in this way.

Price and competition is their problem, if they cannot make it is usually because they do not do business ethically.

First of all Gogamer never advertised these games are "returned" ones. This is not ethical and is totally in bad faith and disrespecting the customer.

The package comes to you all nice and sealed, how can you even imagine is a used one? But obviously it is.

So, is not even matter of a "mistake" of conduct. They know exactly what they are doing and they are doining it doesn t matter what. Also, i amm pretty sure they are aware of problems, who know how many customenrs are reporting the same issue. But they are continuing to sell, doesn t matter what.

Their only policy is probably "Your greens are better in my wallet than yours, and then.. catch us if you can for a refund...."

Well, you now what, I love competiton, good competition on the market and usually who manage business like this is not gonna stand around for long.

That might actually be the problem. Someone bought the game, returned it and kept the key. Next one buys the already used game and key and now 2 people are playing with the same key hence it gets blacklisted.

There's not anything we can do here, we Mods have no chance to get you a new key so best is to complain @ gogamer and solve the issue with them.

hello Wolle,

As you can see I am another good customer of Bohemia being abused by an external vendor of your products.

Although on one side i can be agree that trying to fix the issue with Gogamer "should" be the right path, I also want for you, as a moderator on this forum, to consider some important info:

1) I am asking for tech support here because it looks like is the only official location i can contact for it. If you know about other departments, phone nummbers, whatever to contact Bohemia interactive and escalate this situation, because on this forums you are not able to satisfy my needs, please feel very welcome to let me know these info.

2) I am asking for tech suppoprt to Bohemia Interactive because I am a user of your product. It is Bohemia interactive that disabled the CD key I have, buying in good faith a product of yours.

Whatever good reason BI has to have the KEY banned, they have to consider my situation and take an action for me, because I am your customer.

3) Is not GoGamer who disabled my KEY. Better to say is GoGamer lack of ethical behaviour toward their customers the reason why BI disabled tis KEY, indirectly. Being proved as you can read on this thread that GoGamer frauded several of your customers, it is a BI decision on how to interact with GoGamer regarding this important issue.

4) I do not trust GoGamer by any mean at this moment. they did not reply to my email request of RMA and refund at all so far. I do not even know if they will ever do it. I only demand to have the game I bought working, because i bought a game as new and sealed in good faith. We do not know what is going on. Fact this could be a returned game is only an assumption here. GoGamer never replied to anyone confirming the assumption. Therefore why this KEY has been banned is still a mistery

5) I can provide proof to BI of the good faith of my purchase with any media BI may request, either pictures or video showing the material I received by mail from the vendor, prrof of purchase and mail shipping and if necessary proof of payment through my credit card.

Therefore from my standpoint, this is a fully new game i legally purchased from a BI authorized vendor and understanding I need support I want to have support and solution from BI. BI is very welcome to take actions in the future toward GoGamer if they want, however now BI has to take action to solve my problem.

6) My request is to be able to play a game I legally bought as it is supposed to be played. Either BI re-activate my KEY or provide me with a new one or any other decision that satisfy my request is welcome. I demand my situation being escalated to the right department if I cannot find satisfaction through this forum

I hope my points are clear enough and I really hope whoever is in charge on this official forum providing tech support to take an action to make me a Bohemia Interactive happy customer.

Waiting for an urgent reply. Thank you

Batwing that is a mature and understandable post of which hopefully will be seen.

Would be nice if via E-mail to BIS that they kill your Key and give another, you could scan reciept and old key code.

Good luck

I wouldn't get so upset with GoGamer. I sent them an email and they replied the next day offering to take it back and replace it with another. I have since gone out and purchased another copy from a local store.

I will be sending back the copy to Gogamer, but I don't want another ARMA2, hopefully they will oblige me and let me pick something else in return.

sorry for off topic but i got a question ?? i just bought my game from ebay and its a used one that the original owner no more play ,does that mean that i cant play it online since its used..? i still didnt get it yet so i didnt try it ...

thanx in advance.

I was able to get an RMA after a few messages back and forth with their customer service, whose responses included highlights like, "It must have been damaged during shipping," and "You can send it back," without giving me an RMA number or shipping address. After I got that information from their customer service department, I shipped it back and they refunded the game + original shipping, so I'm only out the cost to ship it back. I won't be doing business with GoGamer anymore, only because of their terrible customer service.