Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

Vietnam the Experience: Discussion

Yeah I tried the mod and the UH-1C gunship and ARA both are not C models, but they are the D models.....

Allright, bugs/unreals i explored in the released VTE :

- Player cannot get in the Mig-19 from the ground. (starting in "fliyng" mode, its o.k.)

- Both Mig-17s and Mig-19 gun crosshairs are not synchronised with the textures.

-Mig-17 cockpit is too short, you need to retex it about +50 % long to the tail fin and it will be WONDERFUL.

- Su-76 and Zsu-37 vehicles are missing a lot textures and gunner cannot aim with their guns from the inside .

- BTR-50 is missing textures too and there is no interior at all.

- Player cannot get in Zsu-57. And that vehicle is a Zsu-23-4 Shilka.

- On VTE Australian AO the parts of the bridges are not synchronised with each other

- Lvtp-5 is just a moving dark green box

- VTE NVA infantry RPG-7 has no rocket texture when loaded.

Thats all for first. Good luck guys ! :)

Edited by Vilman

One question : Is there a terrain in VTE mod wich more flat is ?

I need it for tank/apc combat missions. I hate to shoot on vehicles that are on a hill you know... :D

A found a couple of issues so far;

- No compatibility with any missions created using VTE preview (too bad I had a few good missions I'd like to import, if there is a way around this I'd appreciated knowing how to do it).

- Bridges on on the maps are 50' high.

- Hootches on stilts have the same problem as bridges (50' high).

I love the maps. I remember them from VTE ARMA, they look like they have been tweaked a bit which is nice.

Edited by Dr@gon

A found a couple of issues so far;

- No compatibility with any missions created using VTE preview (too bad I had a few good missions I'd like to import, if there is a way around this I'd appreciated knowing how to do it).

- Bridges on on the maps are 50' high.

- Hootches on stilts have the same problem as bridges (50' high).

I love the maps. I remember them from VTE ARMA, they look like they have been tweaked a bit which is nice.

Hi,

1. I will speak to snake man, we can try to arrange for a workaround. Until then, you might have to replace class names, or even just redo the unit placement.

2. snake man apparently fixed that ages ago however it must of been reintroduced in the recent versions , no feedback was received during the beta about this. i assure you he is working on this as we speak !

3. see 2 :)

Thanks for your replies Fox.

Also, I am impressed with the frame rates of these maps, there is lots of jungle cover without robbing from performance.

Any chance to update or customise one of the flat maps WITHOUT the high grass in the future ?

modo_2010_11_17_20_12_48_94.jpg

wip BDU , still working on stuff, pockets are def. not finished.. (wow who woulda guessed :))

i know it's really early , but just to let people know we're starting to redo stuff :)

Edited by Fox '09

Guys, this is Takko you are talking about. An obvious troll if there ever was one, and not someone worth getting all fired up about. No matter if he is a contributor to VTE he's been permanently banned here and will remain that way, as will any duplicate account he creates.

So please cease this offtopic arguing. You have been warned.

Edit: Thread cleaned up.

Edited by Zipper5

So can anyone help me with the campaign? I'm not managing it?

Does anyone have a savegame? Its so great I dont want it to end!

Is it possible to include the Vietnam Soundtrack in a higher quality? As it is now, i'd rather include my own music files.

what new features will there be in 1.5?

BTW, will there be SP missions and/or a campaign (even a short one)?

I haven't compiled a list of changes, not even a summary yet. The changelog has 1265 entries on it :)

We have a campaign and MP mission pack (many of MP missions can be played in SP). However as in v1.4 the campaign was included in the mod release, this time all the missions will be separate download. Download links will be included in the VTE homepage upon release.

nice vid

(little side note just for the hell of it ;) afik normaly they used two planes preforming a 'wild weasel' :) )

I like the mod, but it seems kind of rough. Especially the aircraft, whose ailerons are all backwards.

Please don't spread false information as what you said is just not true. If you have bug report on specific aircraft then please report it to our bug tracker or in the Addons & Mods: Complete topic.

Also, when I put the Kittyhawk in, I just get a middle section. How do I use that thing?

This was explained in the first page of the manual.

Is 1.5 gonna be up on Six?

I have informed Sickboy that we made the release.

BTW v1.5 has been released, so please continue the discussion in the Addons & Mods: Complete topic, at the moment I have no new information of our next development cycle so I have nothing to say in this discussion topic. Thanks.

I might give 1.5 a chance tonight as we have a regular squadnight. Are there any missions supplied with it, coop?

Snake, there are so many terrains included, which ones are the best in your opinion ??

BTW great release !! great improvement from 1.4 !!

Many (not all) of the terrains were in 1.4, most suit different types of mission. For example ‘Bra’ is great for ‘up river’ type missions.. Just fly over the map and have a look at the terrain type, soon give you ideas. I recommend flying over in a ‘Mozzie’ you get a great view and its fun..

Congrats on the release 'snakeman', always appreciate new terrains and updates. Thank you.:)

Hey guys, this is the Addons & Mods: Discussion topic, meaning for "next release". Currently I have no new information to offer for next release as I don't even know when next development cycle begins, so please continue discussing about the just released v1.5 in this Addons & Mods: Complete - Vietnam: The Experience topic.

Thanks.

To prevent people from being able to post here at all lets just lock it so they use your release thread. As soon as you want to announce new development you can just ask for this thread to be unlocked and start discussing the new version :)