Sign in to follow this  
uzabit

Vbs for public!

Yes, and it just happens to be april 1:st.

VBS-1 Public Release - 01.04.2002 | 11:12

Folgende Email von Marek Spanel hat mich gerade erreicht.

Dear Operation Flashpoint player,

Regarding the great success of Operation Flashpoint and Red Hammer and looking at the positive feedback on the Virtual Battlefield Simulation, we have decided to release a slightly different version of VBS to the public.

It will not contain any classified material, so our development partners will not be a problem.

We hope to deliver even more realistic gameplay to the users with that step.

Release has been planned for August 2002.

Best Regards,

Marek Spanel

Why cant they do it they alrdy have the engine etc.. only some big changes where in the VBS and more units. So whwy cant they give it to public? i think it has a very improved netcode because us army plays on big networks so maby there is a sence of truth in it...

Or even April fools.

So if this is true, BIS will be making OFP: Resistance, Independence Lost, VBS1, and VBS1 for the public.

hmm

Independence lost is supposedly the public version of VBS, so why should they also release VBS...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Fenna @ April 01 2002,09:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Or even April fools.

So if this is true, BIS will be making OFP: Resistance, Independence Lost, VBS1, and VBS1 for the public.

hmm<span id='postcolor'>

I agree with you that it is a bit strange. Independence Lost is not looking getting nowhere right now, cos the site is not uptaded. OFP: Resistance (after we play as an american and a russian, it's time for the resistance to kick ass (just wanted to say that wink.gif ), looking to come out soon. VBS1 and the one for public, the thing that is strange in this is that the site is down. sad.gif

Both VBS1 and Independance Lost are looking pretty much the same. But we have like nothing about each of em cos theyre are no complete sites. The only thing that we can expect now is Resistance, but VBS1 for the public would be greatly appreciated. smile.gif

If it's an April fools, it's really not funny. mad.gif

I wouldn't think they would want to flood the market w/ too many choices. Some people will only buy one and why make them choose between 2 or 3 BIS products? Never give the consumer to many options wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DeathShrimp @ April 01 2002,21:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't think Marek will like having his name used in a hoax...<span id='postcolor'>

You're assuming he doesn't have a sense of humor. That's a bet I wouldn't want to make.

I'm sure is an april's fools thing..... so guys don't get your hopes up.... so you dont get dissapointed....

Even though I dream of something like this in OFP.... it will not happen.......

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WKK Gimbal @ April 01 2002,14:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Independence lost is supposedly the public version of VBS, so why should they also release VBS...<span id='postcolor'>

Don't think so...

VBS1 is set in now days with actual weapons and vehicles... resistance is set close to the era of the fisrt OFP.

ermm. IL is not Resistance. They are two seperate things. IL IS supposedly the public version of VBS1.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (keKoJoNes @ April 01 2002,18:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WKK Gimbal @ April 01 2002,14:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Independence lost is supposedly the public version of VBS, so why should they also release VBS...<span id='postcolor'>

Don't think so...

VBS1 is set in now days with actual weapons and vehicles... resistance is set close to the era of the fisrt OFP.<span id='postcolor'>

Well.. Independence lost and ressistance isnt the same product.

But A N Y W A Y ...

Who cares about anything but Resistance? I mean, it has buses! With timetables!! smile.gif

hmmm is it me or does it say release of august not april smile.gif i think somebody should read alot slower.

Goddam April Fools... And of all the things to joke about lol. Oh well... *resumes twiddling his thumbs, waiting for Resistance*

I highly doubt Marek would joke about something involving his company in this way, it's also possible that the terms of the Vbs1 contract would disallow such talks.