Sign in to follow this  
[xdf]kanga

Australians at War Addon Team

No one is a bit of an exageration, I think you will find it pops up from time to time. E.G this photo, bottem of the gallery, only 2 months old.

http://defence.gov.au/opEx/global/opslipper/images/gallery/2009/1009a/index.htm

Bit of a rareity but it still happens. Anyway even if it were so, people can always use them to create some old school timor scenerios and such.

You're right its a massive exaggeration and its not a rarity at all to see the the standard in regular usage back in Aus, particularly in the support Regiments. I know the Carbine variant especially still gets a good thrashing.

The detail on the model looks amazing either way, good work.

You're right its a massive exaggeration and its not a rarity at all to see the the standard in regular usage back in Aus, particularly in the support Regiments. I know the Carbine variant especially still gets a good thrashing.

The detail on the model looks amazing either way, good work.

Fairly certain most choc infantry units still use them - last I checked mine still had plenty.

Now I've finally got around to registering here, well done guys - this stuff looks dead on and I can't wait to try it out!

Hey ross, Ive seen some of your modeling around the place, some pretty good stuff.

Harrys covering the texturing side of things for the 88s, think you know him.

Give us a shout if your ever keen to help out with something be it modeling or what ever.

Not to be a dick or anything as i really dont know, and would be interested to know actually as I always wondered this.

But why are the Australians at war, and with whom?

is there another country attacking them, or they attacking another, or they allies with another country that needs help, or do they have fighting within their own country?

Looks like great work from what i've seen so far.

I think it refers to the fact that the mod wants to represent Australians at war. This includes past conflicts (WWII, Korea, Vietnam, etc) as well as current (Afghanistan, Iraq, etc).

It is not referring to a fictional "war" of any kind.

aww cam theres goes my original post of

Since the failed gum tree treaty of 1886 we have been at constant war with kangaroos and there sinister allies the koalas.

But yeah originally we were going to cover other conflicts such as Vietnam. At the moment we have put any such ventures on hold and are concentrating replicating present and near future units of the Defence Force.

Blast those kangaroos and koalas!

We are at War with our obsession with cooking drop bears and drinking beer.

Including winning every sporting event we partake in:p

Great work Guys;)

Hey ross, Ive seen some of your modeling around the place, some pretty good stuff.

Harrys covering the texturing side of things for the 88s, think you know him.

Give us a shout if your ever keen to help out with something be it modeling or what ever.

As I'm sure Harry will tell you, I procrastinate spectacularly. I'd be glad to help you guys out though, once I get home (currently in Canada) and get my PC set back up (need to reinstall Windows, as much as I hate doing so) I'll see what I can do. Anything in particular need attention so far?

aww cam theres goes my original post of

Since the failed gum tree treaty of 1886 we have been at constant war with kangaroos and there sinister allies the koalas.

But yeah originally we were going to cover other conflicts such as Vietnam. At the moment we have put any such ventures on hold and are concentrating replicating present and near future units of the Defence Force.

Don't forget the drop bears.

haha yeah harry may have mentioned it :D. Give us a shout when ya back on Aus see what we are working on at the time

WIP preview of the ELCAN

elcan_Preview.jpg

had a few people ask me about this so yeh, piccy of the WIP F89 place holder

th_wipF89Placeholder.jpg

wow very nice mate, looking forward to a release... someday :)

Ive taken over making the ADF soldier. The model has been completley restarted. Ive baked out some normal maps for the soldier, trying my hand at mudbox. Will post up some screenshots when we have gotten some thing significant to post up but still very much in the WIP stage

I'm waiting on some referances before i start on a proper high poly ninox.

Not looking foward to rigging with o2

Edited by [XDF]Kanga

Sounds good Soldier X. Looking forward to it mate. :) Also, if you are looking for ref pics for the F88SA2, check out the latest A & NZ Defender. PM if you need scans.

Hi guys few preview screenshots taken from beta testing the F88's tonight

th_f88270110_03.jpg

th_f88270110_02.jpg

th_f88270110_04.jpg

th_f88270110_05.jpg

th_f88270110_08.jpg