Sign in to follow this  
[xdf]kanga

Australians at War Addon Team

looking good, but are you modeling only CGM2-550 or there will be simple M2(without that tripod attached) or maybe even M3?

P.S. how much that model weights? looks like a really high polly :)

from what I have been able to see (will have to confirm) the ADF is only using the tripod now and have ditched the bipod, im assuming this is because it cant be folded away and would become pretty awkward in a vehicle.

When we move on to developing SF stuff we will look at making the M3 version. So for now will just be the tripod

The optic version which is higher poly is 8380 triangles

Edited by [XDF]Kanga
added poly count

Bipod removed on M2:

So you can not only adjust the height of bipod, but also remove it :)

When fired on flat surfaces the weapon is normally supported by a bipod attached in front of the shoulder piece.

P.S. I think your nation had choosen M2-550, because tripod allows better accuracy for longer ranges :)

Edited by Gedis

Just a loader? I was the carrier for that bloody thing. wont set eyes on one ever again. :D

I had a choice. I choose loader. I just fell in love with the pressure i guess :p

While I agree the launcher itself is more cumbersome to haul around, especially in dense forests (all of Sweden) the ammunition weighed more ;) / :(

Swe version looks a bit differnt, mostly the "tripod"

Fil:Carl_Gustaf._recoilless.rifle.jpg

Edited by Ish

@Gedis

thats all well and good but those certainly are not Australian Defence Force personal.

nice care about details, yes this Carl Gustav look super

@Gedis

thats all well and good but those certainly are not Australian Defence Force personal.

ofc those troops aren't australian, it just shows that m2 can be bipodless :)

grrr, were was my curious mind when i had opportunity to play with m3... i could have tried to remove that bipod >.< instead of examining optics, realoading, weight and shape of it.

Edited by Gedis

oh yeah, forgot to say Cam, asked a mate, sabres image was correct that is the mcbas which is currently issued

Cheers. :)

Oh, and good work on the CG thar. If you guys find any more pictures of the MCBAS (especially the rear), chuck them my way, eh?

Edited by CameronMcDonald
>:D

Nice video X.

Another shot with the L14A1 SRAAW ingame and the placeholder F89 with ELCAN.

arma22009-12-2116-01-32-21sS.jpg

Click for Hi-Res

(Units in the screen are not part of AAW, don't discuss here any Q's rgarding them PM me)

Edited by Sabre

Hej Sabre..

i saw a banner from your post.. these men looks like they using the danish uniform.. is that right ??

best regards

Dennis

Edited by Dennistp

for f*cks sake!

can u take up this off topic stuff in PM's please

(Units in the screen are not part of AAW, don't discuss here any Q's rgarding them PM me)

lol there will always be one... moving on.. awesome work guys really looking forward to see your stuff in game, and on my hdd :P

keep up the great work

Cheers

Rhodesy

Looking good soldier. Just one question, why are you making the F88A1 when no-one in the army is using them anymore? Every is using either the F88S-A1 or the new updated 'desert looking' F88S-A2?

No one is a bit of an exageration, I think you will find it pops up from time to time. E.G this photo, bottem of the gallery, only 2 months old.

http://defence.gov.au/opEx/global/opslipper/images/gallery/2009/1009a/index.htm

Bit of a rareity but it still happens. Anyway even if it were so, people can always use them to create some old school timor scenerios and such.