Sign in to follow this  
[xdf]kanga

Australians at War Addon Team

Infantry used something called the mcbas i think it is, cant remember that it stands for will ask my mate when I have a chance. OMLT ( Operational Mentoring Liaison Team) is issued the marintime ciras tho for some reason.

Edited by [XDF]Kanga

Here is some pics Cam; unfortunately dicko found his way into them :)

th_20090727adf8144078_228.jpg

th_20090727adf8144078_142.jpg

Rub them to make them bigger

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:21 PM ----------

Here is a screen from a alpha test showing the M72a6 and the F89 Place holder with Aimpoint.

aawsbe2cS.jpg

Click for Hi-Res

(Diggers in the pic are not a AAW project, personal retexture of Johnny/ardvarkdb SASR)

Edited by Sabre

if thevipersfang claimed to be exsasr then he did indeed lie but if he said he was excommando then he was not lying

i only just got arma2 and its a good game but a little buggy but when i found out there was an aussie forces mod i just had to check it out but when i did i saw something that made me wish that i hadnt and i need to comment on it in the hopes of setting things right but first i have to say that i am not a friend of thevipersfang and i am not sticking up for him instead i am just totally disgusted by how a group of people feel the need to gang up on someone like that

3 facts about the vipersfang that you may or may no know

1 he is an asshole

2 he is a complete smartass that doesnt know when to keep his mouth shut

3 he did serve in the army i know because i did too at the same time

what right do you people have to run someone down so much like that even after that someone backed down? is this what internet gaming is always like?

is thevipersfang your friend? do you game with him? is he dating your sister?

no? then why do any of you people care and where do you get off acting like a bunch of school kids?

I did NOT do that. I told you that I was done with it. But thank you for once again being childish. I'm going to contact someone to get my account deactivated because this just stupid now. Enjoy your little game, I am done with this bullshit.

TheColonel, I appreciate what you tried to do there but don't waste your time. Please just leave it alone, it is just NOT worth it.

Kids, quit your f***ing bickering and grow up.

Those skins look mighty fine soldierX, damn good textures you have there too. Quick question though, for future's sake, i think having the LAW slung over a single side will be more beneficial, only as it wont look retarded when backpacks come out, unless it's easily changeable? Otherwise as said looking good.

the auscam isnt ours, thats a private texture of sabres of Johnny/ardvarkdb SASR units.

As for the 66 I think it positioned like that because of the animation sabre is using for that screenshot it is normally positioned off to the side since this is where the reach for launcher animation transitions from

66pos.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

What plate carrier are diggers wearing these days? Some pics would be nice.

th_mcbas.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w54/mick86a/mcbas.jpg

soldierX mate, got any pics of that vest in auscam? other than the old 90 era ones? the ones sabre posted was what i thought was the latest, but seems more just like a riot vest than a actual plate carrier. but more than happy to be proved wrong. when i was looking at ref pics for my PA units, all i could find in auscam where these older vests:

20090730adf8144078255.th.jpg

but then theres pics (of the same vest that sabre showed, cant find the pic im talking about atm) that leads to suggest that these are the new vests... so confusing lol. and now in timor they really arnt wearing plate carriers any more and we arnt really deployed anywhere atm where we are using auscam vests. plenty of descam but.. any info anyone can share on this would be awesome as i myself am confused. btw really sorry to kinda side track this, so feel free to continue this via PM

Edited by Rhodesy77

Yeah pretty sure those ones are not the latest issue, they've been around for years, there basically the old ones with molle straps instead of the single alice compatibale ones on the front. Here is another pic of the newer armour carrier in the ghan.

th_ac.jpg

But im not 100% on it either, they may have been trial rotations, but the pics in the solomans and those ones i posted before of it in DPCU lead me to think its abit wider than that, seeing as the older never went out in numbers in DPCU afaik, like rhodsey said im happy to be told that is not so though.

In terms of SOTG its a mixure of Eagle and SORD majority of the east boys are SORD majority of the west boys are Eagle, know this from my time at SORD.

sabre,are you going to include the reskinned units you show us always in the photothread in this addon or in a separated one or NEVER?

Most likely it will be seperate, just need a hand with a few things before I could release them. PM me if you have anymore questions, keep this one on AAW.

Its actually an M2 version or L14a1, only SF are using the M3

Edited by [XDF]Kanga
me speak good engrish

Makes you just wanna reach through your screen and pick it up. Beautiful! :D

Makes you just wanna reach through your screen and pick it up. Beautiful! :D

i did that..... now my house is in bits :( looking really nice! love the Carl G

wow, i'm a big fan of carl gustav recoiless launchers, that CGM2-550 looks awesome!!!

As I remember M2s are almost twise as heavy as M3s...

M2 - 14,2kg

M2-550 - 15kg

M3 - 8,5kg

M2-550 is with that tripod

Edited by Gedis

I was a loader for this beast when I was in the army.. *drool*

just found this in this months e-issue of "the soldiers army" not alot of info but more than i had b4 lol, so thought id share it here :)

newvest.th.jpg

Cheers

Rhodesy

oh yeah, forgot to say Cam, asked a mate, sabres image was correct that is the mcbas which is currently issued