Sign in to follow this  
[xdf]kanga

Australians at War Addon Team

Well, on the other hand there is a vast gap in armour between AFVs/APCs/IFVs and MBTs. A M72A6 is likely to penetrate most AFVs, APCs and IFVs apart from the absolutely most modern ones, even with its meager 150mm of armour penetration, and it is both much smaller and lighter than an AT4. That's unless the target has sharply angled armour, spaced armour plates, slat armour or ERA of course.

It is more or less completely worthless against even old MBTs though, unless scoring a lucky hit, but since even an AT4 is more or less worthless against a MBT you need to step it up to heavier AT weapons anyway at that point.

Edited by Inkompetent

also your forgeting that a aussie inf section carries a few of these things as well. plus it just looks so damn cool :P

All activitity withdrawn. Sorry to have bothered anyone.

Edited by TheVipersFang
typo fix

Well, considering the A6 is specifically designed to have an improved after-armour effect I bet it's really nice for that kind of use. Also sounds quite logical to me. After all that's what most AT4s tend to be used for as well, and it feels like having more and lighter shots seems sound in that case ^^

Thanks for the info!

And I can answer for the disposables, since it relies on my addon: No, you won't be stationary. It'll simply be tossed off of the shoulder, and since we can move in ArmA2 while switching weapons and reloading you can move as soon as you've fired.

As a little note on that: It'll be a good idea to give the launcher a proper mass in its geo lod. It'll counter the 'happy empty launcher' bug :)

Edited by Inkompetent

Vipersfang, the last heap of shit I read from you was you claiming to be in 4 RAR. As in commando. As in, you know precisely what the fuck I'm talking about.

Could you please, just for once, shut the fuck up and stop spouting shit from your basic training courses that you've taken to be gospel. The internet does not want, nor care, about your vast collection of speculative wisdom relating to the capabilities of various weapons systems.

Edited by TheVipersFang
Sorry I was born.

What ever I did, what ever I said that seems to have offended you so badly, I am sorry. But that kind of reply was just not necessary.

Don't claim to be things your not and we'll get along fine in future. I appreciate that you probably were told by DS that a LAW is all but useless, but the last time any of them studied the armour penetration or ballistic and explosive performance of the weapon systems they instruct you on was most likely, well, never. They know how to use it, but I'm willing to bet that very few have ever fired them at an armoured target in anger. Regurgitating the same garbage without evidence just helps idiocy to circulate. A LAW isn't as potent as a Jav or some such, but it doesn't mean its useless, it's literally 1/80th the price and 1/7th the weight.

Edited by Madcap Magician

I have the employment/extension and trigger firing sound effects for the LAW, recorded from a training LAW, if you want them.

http://idfsquad.com/sounds2/lawclick.wav (trigger clicking, needs to be mixed with the "boom!" of a launching rocket)

http://idfsquad.com/sounds2/lawextension.wav (this is a recording of the full process required to put a LAW safely into operation, ready to fire, according to US TraDoc from the 80's)

In the case of the latter sound effect, I seem to remember someone had a LAW addon that could be extended and compacted (the latter is possible in cases when you didn't fire it). If you didn't need all of that sound effect, say in a case where your addon doesn't have those animations, then you could either use from 0:09+...

...or 0:13+ (extension of the tube happens at 13 seconds).

Note that the weapon is ready for firing at 0:17/0:18, when the plunger is pulled to charge the trigger for firing. At this point, the sound effect could continue playing for the remaining 3 seconds, even when fired, and it would make perfect sense, as what you are hearing is the jingling of the dangling ends.

I spent a hefty amount for this training LAW, specifically for the purpose of recording this sound effect, so please make as much use of the sound effect as you can.

Yes, what ever you say, you are right and I am wrong. Like it matters :confused:. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and everyone uses it daily. I don't know who you are or what you are talking about with me claiming to be something that I am not. I am also not sure where the relevance to the current topic your response came from. All I did was have an opinion that I am sure that I am allowed to have then I paid the AAW modder another compliment then I asked a question that someone answered (thank you for the answer Inkompetent). I sure would like to know what it is that I did that was so wrong to have some people have such problems with me. I would rather dicuss such things then constantly have to go through this kind of routine.

Keep up the good work AAW mod team, I wish you all the best.

Sorry to have made an offtopic post here.

He is referring to the fact that you like to claim that you are ex Special Forces. Since you ask why people keep treating you like this I will be honest, the large majority of the Australian community views you as a Walter Mitty (for the uninformed http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/Walts). When you first registered on the old ADF mod forums which seem to have gone down your post which went along the lines of "I am ex 4rar which is CDO which means commando which is Special Forces". This was passed around more than a few forums for a giggle. It would seem that Madcap Magician had seen enough and snapped. The sad part is there is quite a few Walter Mitty's in the Australian community whether they are claiming to be in 3rar, Special Forces etc.

More than a few times I have considered reporting you to ANZMI (http://www.anzmi.net/cases.html) and if you wish to push this issue I will do just that. I am happy to say that recently one member of the Aussie ArmA community (will not name names) was caught out on his online lies. He was part of a reservist unit and ended up with the MPs round at his front door. It is clear you have some sort of army background but your claim of Special Forces is laughable.

Now’s your chance to wind your neck in and avoid bothering a bunch of other people with your bullshit. And who knows, maybe the 'community' will change its view that you’re a liar. Take it or leave it.

Edited by [XDF]Kanga

TheVipersFang...making claims about being in SF is, sadly, way to common on the internet and interestingly enough every SF guy i have ever met or known would never even consider making such a claim publicly...atleast the ADF ones, but there's always exceptions i guess.

So if you'd like the oportunity to clear your name on the forums then private message me either a service number or your PM keys and i'll ask my boss to run a check.

I know SoldierX and Madcap in RL and they'll believe what i tell them...your choice.

Thanks heaps Uziyahu--IDF I havnt started on sounds for the 66 yet but im sure they will come in very useful

Great looking tube, thar. Keep kicking on, I'm quite keen to see some ADF presence in this game outside of Sabre's screenies. :P

Edited by TheVipersFang
To humiliate myself a little more.

There is no conspiracy against you, its not all to hard, its not all bullshit, its not being pedantic. You claimed credit where it wasn't due and you were called out on it. Quite whinging mate, the situation was entirely of your making, so stop feeling sorry for yourself, get the chip off your shoulder and we can all move on.

I am sorry for what ever I did or what ever I said in what ever context it was taken.

Don't try and pull that shit, its not about context, its not about whatever, you know exactly what you wrote and could at least accept that fact.

I do not see the point in lying about something to try to impress a bunch of total strangers in a fictional video game community.

Now that's just ironic. Some honesty from yourself in the first place and we'd never had an issue, in fact we would have appreciated your input as an ex-serving member. Feel free to hang around, many ex-serving member's are making excellent contributions and you could yet do the same.

Whether or not you want to publicly admit that you acted like a tosser (without the little childish tantrum about having to make an apology) is up to you. You can leave the half arsed post that you made if you want, it just indicates to everyone that you aren't going to try and change your habits. I don't give shit really, you know you fucked up, if you want to make a clean start you can, or else you can slink away and sulk in the corner, up to you.

Everyone else can accept a petty post if they want, thats up to them, I just want to see that your future actions are constructive and like I said, we'll get along fine in future.

Edited by Madcap Magician

Edited by TheVipersFang
Being harassed by PM