Sign in to follow this  
SnR

BI Banner

Top right hand corner advertising. Is there a chance members can have that to use as a Sig elsewhere or Arma II advertising ?

Great size in your face:)

No, we have a squads and clanpages forum where you can do your advertising stuff. We also allow everyone to have a 600x150 px signature for that. I guess that's more than enough.

This is a company forum, not a fanpage where all kind of bling and banners show up.

Edited by W0lle
Me stupid

He's asking for a link so he can put the banner in his signature on other forums so he can promote the game, more sales for BIS, not for his own interests W0lle.

I for one prefer not to have that flash thing in the top of the forum.

Thanks for that

I was about to post another topic on this banner, unfortunately for not the same reasons. :(

I have noticed this banner causes very high CPU usage on my Macbook Pro under Opera, as well as a substantial CPU usage on my Windows XP PC under Opera as well... :( On my Macbook it is constantly using 25% CPU usage and causes it to get very, very hot. Using Operas block utility I blocked it and CPU usage drops to 0% when idle. Same goes for my PC, it drops from constantly using 2-5% CPU to 0% idle.

Just a heads up for BIS! :)

NouberNou, yeah, Flash's are CPU-eaters))

Alex72, you'd better convert it into gif, or just .jpg without animation...*

NouberNou, yeah, Flash's are CPU-eaters))

Alex72, you'd better convert it into gif, or just .jpg without animation...*

Dont I know it! :( I used to be an actionscript programmer. I hate flash (though AS3 is a nice language!).

Dont I know it! :( I used to be an actionscript programmer. I hate flash (though AS3 is a nice language!).

I used to write in first AS :D it was so long ago)) haven't seen flash for ages, but I think it is still laggy, maybe even more now than that time :( PDAs, btw, cannot cope with them at all :D

Yea I actually worked at a place where the lead designer on this one project chose Flash to write a large multiple-document interface desktop application....

It's not so much Flash that's the problem, it's the crappy piss poor plug-in. It's so poorly coded it's laughable. The optimisation of it is almost non existant and it's especially bad for the Mac. Adobe either don't care or they're just taking their sweet ass time making a new better version. Personally I think they should start the plug-in from scratch and write it natively in 64 AND 32bit. It would be interesting if they implemented an Air like system where it could be run on multiple platforms with one time coding. I'm not sure how that would work for a plug-in rather than a web app though. I'm sure they have the technical knowledge to do something like this though lol.

The main issue I had was with their garbage collector and its ability to do decent reference counting, or at least any reference counting at all. Not to mention that the Flex framework had so many things that caused the garbage collector to never mark elements for collection and memory release that when you did a memory inspection on anything you could pretty much find 10 or 12 infinite back references in every object causing no memory to ever be freed up. :(

Top right hand corner advertising. Is there a chance members can have that to use as a Sig elsewhere or Arma II advertising ?

Here we are again, same question can the above OA Banner be converted to gif ? allowing members to advertise OA in our own worldwide forums.

Here we are again, same question can the above OA Banner be converted to gif ? allowing members to advertise OA in our own worldwide forums.

Here are few from my drower, feel free to use them if you like.

arma2oa-webbanner1-468x60.gif

http://www.arma2.com/banners/arma2oa-webbanner1-468x60.gif

arma2oa-webbanner2-468x60.gif

http://www.arma2.com/banners/arma2oa-webbanner2-468x60.gif

arma2oa-webbanner4-468x60.gif

http://www.arma2.com/banners/arma2oa-webbanner4-468x60.gif

arma2oa-webbanner7-468x60.gif

http://www.arma2.com/banners/arma2oa-webbanner7-468x60.gif

arma2oa-webbanner9-468x60.gif

http://www.arma2.com/banners/arma2oa-webbanner9-468x60.gif

Thank you kindly, very pro:)

Would it be at all possible to get a transparent OA logo as well? I've scoured the internet but I cannot for the life of me find one. :butbut:

There should be one in the "Press kit" available at the ArmA2 website. No guarantee though.

If not, let me know and I grab the psd from my DVD and upload it.

Nope, not one that I can find there, W0lle.