Sign in to follow this  
rocket

Some Exciting Developments...

Hi again guys!

OK - I've given the new version a try... MUCH easier to use! Everything seems to be working as it should...

I tried a single monochrome mask like with v1.0 - worked fine and much less fuss than before... Then I tried another black 'n white mask, but treated it as an RGB, just with the same areas for each colour, and assigned a different tree for each of the 3 colours... That also worked nicely, output 3 files which when imported gave a nice mix of pines for forest areas...

Here's a quick pic...

BenNevis.jpg

That's Leanachan Forest, near Ben Nevis, one of about 30 forests (for a total of about 300,000 trees!) I was able to place exactly to their real-world locations and extents with about half-a-dozen clicks!

Seriously well done guys! What a time-saver! I may yet finish my island before next Xmas thanks to this!

Now if you could come up with an equally impressive way to shortcut the 140km of roads I've still to lay.....;)

B

Edited by Bushlurker

This tool has saved me a LOT of time on my islands, thank you so much. Any chance on being able to enhance it for support of multiple objects?

:icon_w00t:

4145643800_88557fb7af.jpg

Edited by prowler.wolf

Hey there, will there be an Update to for the Tutorial?

If tried to use this Program to make new Vegetation for my Map, was to much in Forest. So i made a Greyscale (monochrom?) image and used the maskmapper. When i make Density 1 it tells me there will be about 366 Objects, when i make Density 2 it wants to make about 3 million objects!!!

Well that would be far more Objects then i got there (ca. 300000)

I hope someone can help me would save a lot of time :P

Dont know what im doing wrong :/

Mfg

Commander

Jesus! I'm not island maker, but I can see the huge advantage this offers modders. Bravo! Hopefully we'll be seeing some truly inspired locations!

This is amazing .... i may even take up map making becuase of this! THANKYOU !

Holy crap, I just found this thread. What an achievement(s) :) This would definitely increase my interest in mapmaking for sure.

@bushlurker or someone using the new version of the program.

Can someone give me a quick run down on how to do the process with the new program I need a refresher as its been months now since i've used the program and finding a need in it again. thanks :)

Dead easy...

Prep the mask... you can use monochrome to place a single item at the stated density, or use an RGB image with either the same mask on all 3 channels (place 3 different items at 3 different densities in the SAME areas), or with different areas on each channel (place the same, or different, items in different, possibly overlapping areas)...

Mask should be a .BMP file - same res as your HEIGHTMAP - NOT your sat_lco...

Load up the mask... top section on right handles a single item output file - the section below is for RGB 24bit bmp masks... you can define items and densities for each channel...

Names of items need to be the same as the name of the item in your objects list in Visitor... eg: "b_betulahumilis"...

Thats about it... import objects list via Visitor "import objects" script - then curse when you STILL get trees on the road :)

B

Dead easy...

Prep the mask... you can use monochrome to place a single item at the stated density, or use an RGB image with either the same mask on all 3 channels (place 3 different items at 3 different densities in the SAME areas), or with different areas on each channel (place the same, or different, items in different, possibly overlapping areas)...

Mask should be a .BMP file - same res as your HEIGHTMAP - NOT your sat_lco...

Load up the mask... top section on right handles a single item output file - the section below is for RGB 24bit bmp masks... you can define items and densities for each channel...

Names of items need to be the same as the name of the item in your objects list in Visitor... eg: "b_betulahumilis"...

Thats about it... import objects list via Visitor "import objects" script - then curse when you STILL get trees on the road :)

B

Thanks man :) time is saved once again!!:yay: