Sign in to follow this  
zachhox

Client Mod Server question

How can I configure my server and missions so that, for example, If client user has mod x, y or z the user gets the weapons accounting the mod or addon?

Where do I code it in?

The problem being obvious, if I put it in the mission to load mod x, y or z than no one except those who have that particular mod no matter how small can play on the server otherwise you can't enter.

I've seen it done with most of the "big/bigger" addons although I intended it more for singular "mods", but it doesn't, its the same idea. :)

Thanks.

what addons have you seen it done on? what addons are you trying to do it with?

AFAIK, it can't be done. Client side addons can run scripts and replace models for existing objects, but that is left up to the client unless you allow only certain addons.

As soon as you add an new vehicle or weapon to a map, it becomes required for all clients. If you tried to give a weapon to a player mid-game via script I don't know what would happen.

Alright, I'll give you an example.

Lets start with the base weapons pack, "RH M4/M16", right.

So for instance, if a client/user has that pack than he gets ALL the weapons from it.

Another example, if client has, for example, "AimPoint Desert Weapons Pack" he gets all weapons from that pack.

This is done so multiple mods and people can play and have their or all stuff. While normal clients who may have no mods can still play.

I seen it in Domination for example, with 3 examples which you can use simultaneous. IF you have ACE, CSLA or P85 for example you can have all weapons and toys from it.

Its like an "IF" rule only I don't know where to put it.