Sign in to follow this  
Flash Thunder

No Entry' C:\documents\Arma2.cfg.3D_Performance, other issues

The past week or two I've been getting this strange error

in the title, Im still able to play the game and all fine, but when I check that directory theres that 3D performance file, is it not the right one??? :confused:

Also for some reason my Save in the campaign (3rd mission) is not accessible anymore, I never deleted or moved the saved file, could you please tell me where these saves are supposed to be.

Also a few of my missions are not accessible from the editor and I never removed them. :mad:

Tell me where saves for campaign go and where all the other missions should be saved, because I have alot of files in my documents/profile/missions etc.

in Win7 saved games are under c:\users\*username*\My Documents\Arma 2

Saved missions from the editor should be in the same but in the UserSaved folder

Did you by any chance change your security settings or something similar that would block access to your My Documents folder?

in Win7 saved games are under c:\users\*username*\My Documents\Arma 2

Saved missions from the editor should be in the same but in the UserSaved folder

Did you by any chance change your security settings or something similar that would block access to your My Documents folder?

No to the security settings...

I have Vista 64bit I have the file like I said but I guess theres no value for the 3D_Performance, its not a big deal rather than an annoyance, unless that data can affect performance ingame although I seen none.

Heres where my campaign saves are:

My Documents\Arma2otherprofiles\*name*\saved\campaign\missions\campaign

thats where I find these files:

weapons.cfg

objects.savfile

continue.roles.Arma2save

continue.Arma2save (this file is 7,599KB)

campaign.sqc

autosave.Arma2save (this files is 7,000KB)

mpmissions (this is a folder)

ca (this is a folder)

obviously something was messed up during installation i guess the directory name doesn't make sense, and have of these folders contain no files.....

This is really confusing.

I know one time I was trying to copy my Cool profile name to my Default one, because my name when making MP mission was coming up as my computers name which is a security risk IRL

Why did BIS automatically make Default profiles your computer name that was a MISTAKE

@BIS Are you going to not do this for OA or maybe fix it with a patch?

for some reason i get the "arma2.cfg.3d_performance" error too

however, i have not changed anything in the last few days

all I did was ctrl-alt-del arma 2 once and now it has started doing it....????

I was running my game in windowed mode, but not a little small window it was about the whole space of my screen expect it just showed my hot bar on the bottom so i could see if messages popped up from MSN and the rest. I have vista so i have to right click it and run in administration and i started up the game and got that message well, now its in a little tiny window and if i try to adjust the window by my self when i get into the game and open up a window like trying to get into a helicopter it will appear all the way to the side where half of the text is cut off, but it works fine in full screen mode. I am getting the error. No Entry 'C:\Users\Peter\Documents\Arma 2\ ArmA2.cfg.3D_Performance. I am so far not getting any other errors, but if some one knows how to fix this then please tell me.

i got this error message after installing jcove lite. did you guys do the same?

No entry problem :

You can delete the file and Arma2 will create a new one. I had a backup of my files last time i installed a new OS and i got the same error due to a crash so i copied/pasted the content it flagged as error, but as said you can delete the file and go setup all your settings again to create a new one. Most of the info in that file reffers to your resolution and graphic settings etc. Open the file named Arma2.cfg by notepad and you will see 3d_ferformance missing. So thats why "No entry" cus there is no line specifying 3d performance

here is my

3D_Performance=100000;

then it will prolly ask for adapter, here is my

adapter=-1;

Save missions/profile:

I dont know if this applies anymore, but if you for some reason play campain while using a modification like vopsound, ACE, Fire&Smoke or any other modification the save will be useless unless you load those modifications next time you want to continue or edit a mission. Allso, you can not edit your default profile name. Create a new one and edit that one as much as you like. If you have to start all over(due to new profile - If your hosting - want to play with addons - without addons - etc) you can skip missions untill your in the right mission in your campain.

Edited by cri74