Sign in to follow this  
Rex Ursus

How does one disable the music?

I am tired of hearing the music in this sim. How do you turn it off, disable or get rid of it?

Well, you could go to the sound options and put the music volume to 0.

What I mean is how do you disable the music. The key an operative being " disable ". To clarify: To disable the music in such a way as to have the benefit of the little additional sounds that occur when the music volume is up, such as key ques, without having to listen to music by Beavis and Butthead.

bah....the soundtrack is a masterpiece and you want get rid of it...bah...

If you wish to stop hearing Custom Sounds in a multiplayer enviroment do the following:

- Go into Sound Options and Turn the Radio Slider to 0.

If you wish to turn the music of the game off do the following

- Go into the Sound Options and turn the Music Slider to 0

What you do is, go to Start - Programmes - Bohemia Interactive - ArmA2 - Uninstall....

Bah, so you gotta shut up the radio, including VoN, in order to get those stupid samples to shut up? I really wish there was another way. I tried muting the most annoying players, but that didn't help at all...

No. There are for some reason some cue sounds that come along with the music option. So what I wish to do is eliminate the music and still be able to hear the cues. This would mean somehow deleting or disabling the music in the program files somewhere, and I wish to know where and how to do it...

Maybe you can replace the ingame music files with something either you do like, or is a silent sound sample?

Maybe you can replace the ingame music files with something either you do like, or is a silent sound sample?

That is true and maybe the only option, but also remember that this will make your files corrupt in terms of anti-cheat during MP. So make backups of them and maybe use mods.

An MP-friendly solution for you is not available at the moment im afraid.

Oh and btw the soundtrack is really good imo, but whatever floats your boat...

If you wish to stop hearing Custom Sounds in a multiplayer enviroment do the following:

- Go into Sound Options and Turn the Radio Slider to 0.

If you wish to turn the music of the game off do the following

- Go into the Sound Options and turn the Music Slider to 0

What a display of wit. I do not find it amusing.

I always turn off music ingame, all games. I find it annoying and immersionbreaking.

I didnt know I missed out something more? What sounds disapear with the music slider on 0?

Sorry? He was actually just trying to help you...:rolleyes:

One way to get rid of music is to open sounds.pbo with cpbo and then use some sound editing software to turn volumes to zero and repack.

Erm... He wasn't trying to be funny... :rolleyes:

You could try making a null PBO named music.pbo and put it into a mod folder. Do not replace the original music.pbo in the vanilla Addons folder, use a mod folder. That would get rid of the vanilla soundtracks, but you might get some errors about missing files when soundtracks are being played, so you might need to create some null OGG files too, named the same as the original files in the original music.pbo. However, this doesn't get rid of custom soundtracks. For that you just need to mute the music volume setting in game.

Edited by Rellikki