Sign in to follow this  
pchaxor

Just want to say: Thank You BIS!

Nothing out there that can compete wit ArmA2 ...

True, but for some nice and smooth CQC its good to have Rainbow Six (everything before Athena Sword) on the drive :)

Always good to see some more old GR mates like ArmA 2. Welcome :)

Nothing still can compete with GR IMHO, but for me ArmA and ArmA 2 are the best games out there now which give me what I want in a game.

Ghost Recon has a special place though and the 5 years of fun I had with it will never be forgotten. I can still look at the CD's and relive all those fun moments. I met some good folks in the GR community who nowadays have become true friends who I meet every year a few times across different countries in Europe.

And of course I run Armaholic with a few of them :)

I agree with Lightspeed and would also like to extend a thank you to the developers for this game. I was a COD player on the console systems and have only recently got into computer gaming in Sept. when I bought a gaming CPU and Fallout 3. I have become a fan of CPU gaming now, even know it has its problems and it is not as simple plug and play, you just can't compare to the better graphics and modding capabilities of CPU games. When I bought Arma2 I was looking for something better, and I definately found it. I was tired of playing a game where it took a whole clip of ammo to kill an enemy, no bullet balistics (getting sniped from 200 yards with a pistol), people running at you through a LMG firing at them and then they knife you from 20 ft away and above all a game with no real tactics (only worry about their Kill to Death ratio, not the objectives), to it and people just run and gun all day long i.e. COD. I have yet to try Arma2 in multiplayer yet, as I am still trying to get better at the game, but I think I will be more than impressed when I do. On top of that, as Light said, the community and modders in the community, are amazing so I would like to extend a big thank you to them. The forums are well run and the moderators really do care about this forum, which is a nice change from the norm among some forums out there.

In closing one final thank you to the developers, the modders, the community itself and the moderators!:cheers:

ayyye, ghost recon was the daddy in the days... I used to go on the forums as "squad_e" :bounce3:, glad to see some GR.net members in here :bounce3:

I used to go on the forums as "squad_e" :bounce3:, glad to see some GR.net members in here :bounce3:

Squad_e ? I remember you very much from gr.net, you were a GR modder like me hehe ;) Geez i feel really old now haha

Squad_e ? I remember you very much from gr.net, you were a GR modder like me hehe ;) Geez i feel really old now haha

lol, no i wasnt a modder.. I'm just an editor, I think your mixed up with wytchdokta on that one aha

aww it feels like a little reunion :bounce3:

Signed too.

It was the best investment of PC gaming in my hole life. I own every title . . . playing for 9 years straight. The only negative aspect is, that I can't enjoy other war games anymore, except Ghost Recon the original one and the Silent Hunter series but that's about it. Tried lot's of different games but I found out that I got no satisfaction playing them so they are staying on the shelve. I'm getting very quickly bored with other games.

No other video game has ever given me such thrills as the BIS titles. Nothing has ever been so immersive to me.

Thanks for having invented the best game ever.:D

Kind regards

nettrucker

yea let's party :yay: :D

OT: nettrucker?? same guy that I remember maded great "Too you Too die" ofp campaign with Toy ?? omg nice to see you again my respect!!! :cheers:

Imagine something: How many game studios develop their games mainly for PC platform? And how many develop them ONLY for PC platform, as the games for consoles make a way better profit (and that is a sad fact). Thanks BIS for doing games, that really show you the performance potential of the computers, as they look so great, including graphics, visibility range...games like ArmA are the reason, why I upgrade my pc regularly, and I dont regret that money. Thats also why I buy every BIS game when it comes out, instead of getting the pirate version as usually :) In the end, I'm proud that it comes from the same country as me. Well, now just wait for the arrowhead, and the gtx470s available :)

Imagine something: How many game studios develop their games mainly for PC platform? And how many develop them ONLY for PC platform, as the games for consoles make a way better profit (and that is a sad fact). Thanks BIS for doing games, that really show you the performance potential of the computers, as they look so great, including graphics, visibility range...games like ArmA are the reason, why I upgrade my pc regularly, and I dont regret that money. Thats also why I buy every BIS game when it comes out, instead of getting the pirate version as usually :) In the end, I'm proud that it comes from the same country as me. Well, now just wait for the arrowhead, and the gtx470s available :)

thx this game is not multiplatform at the moment....:)

some years ago i tried to play armed assault and i felt in love with it immediatly.

Todays I'm an happy player of Arma 2.

Thanks for all.

some years ago i tried to play armed assault and i felt in love with it immediatly.

Todays I'm an happy player of Arma 2.

Thanks for all.

Same :p

I started the series with arma, played ofp for a bit, but mostly arma warfare and sahrani life.

Then moved onto arma2 and I will gladly say that I'm gonna stick with BIS for many years fo come :)

OA here I come!

Thanks BIS for your continued support over the years; we as a community really do appreciate the 'tight-relationship' between community and devs.

great game, thank you very much BIS.

thanks also for supporting modders the way you have been. i'm just in the process of moving here from modding Battlefield 2, where modders were treated more like wino's with BO and flatulence... it's great to find somewhere where modding isn't a dirty word. thanks again.

I.ve been playing Joint Operations since 2005,. It really been the only thing keeping me going in FPS gamming,. BF2-SF and COD2 were around back then, They lasted for less than 100hrs of my time lol. Thats the only COD title I own I figured they all the same just take place in different times, Senerios change, Gamplay stays the same shit level its been since day one lol. any way what Im getting at is this is the best Military fps I ever played and I dont think anyone will match this other then the creators at Bohemia themselves.. Well F*n Done!

And to da Competition>>

Edited by poOBah.

:o:

A2 is the best game I've ever played. Had it a week and a half now I think, best £25 I've spent. Looking forward to getting OA in addition! Also if there's any people that use steam that play A2, chuck me a PM and we can do some missions! :cool:

Played the series since 2005 but stopped due to my old laptop getting killed by a nerf football.

It is nice to see some familiar faces around still like Placebo and UZIYAHU--IDF Since I havent been active in the forums since 06.

I cant wait to give ARMAII a shot.

Keep up the good work guys and way to stay true to the game unlike Codemasters.

Call me sad but i dont care lol,

I spent 800 squid on a PC for this, thankfally i was not disapointed lol

looking forward to OA

Edited by SteveJA360
pathetic spelling

looking forward to OA

Your not alone. Spent even more just to play BIS titles mainly. And its all good. :D

looking forward to OA

Yeah tell me about it, no doubt i will be spending more in the future!!

Tell you what, i think BI should start selling PC's!! So many people buy new PC's for their titles, if they could buy from BI, BI would make a MINT!!!! i know i buy from them would! They could optimise them to run ARMA 2 and heve them come with ARMA (and the future OA) already installed lol

ps Maybe i should think about spending the same amount of money on spelling lessions lol:rolleyes:

Dunno if already told this, tho my friends occasionally got spammed by my ArmA 2 (and even ACE sometimes) love declaration

Thank You BIS for true Operation Flashpoint 2. It's just... great :)

I have tried that ARMA2 demo. Nice work. Awesome graphics there. But still I will remain in OFP.

With addons you can mod this game as good as ARMA/ARMA2(maybe soon ARMA3).
That's actually an obvious lie. Why? If You see only "awesome graphics" of this game, then You're so wrong.

Check physics system (I love driving tanks over the cars), play some missions, make some with the great modules system. See what You can do. Try ACE2 someday. See what this game was made for.

Feel the atmosphere.

That's it. That's still OFP, just better, because dated 2009 and made to stand up for 2009's standards.

I love arma 2! Thanks BIS! The only true real war game IMO.