Sign in to follow this  
pchaxor

Just want to say: Thank You BIS!

Yes, thanks BI....I've purchased OPF I, ARMA Gold & ARMA II because of all the positive things said in this thread. I will purchase Arrowhead as well. This is the only PC game software that has kept my interest this long term because it keeps evolving in something better. I'm always coming back

pls don´t give in :)

For sure.

I am looking forward to ArmA 2 taking over where OpF left off.

I'm looking forward to it to it still being playable in 8 years time, (which it will be) and I'm looking forward to the many community releases that make this game truly what it is and last so long.

BIS you bring a tear to my eye.

If you build it, they will come.

from what i have seen on these forums, there is a real sense of love for the game and BIS, THAT isn't something another game maker can boast. purely because BIS seemingly work with its community they strive to make things work rather than simply line their own pockets. Yes the latter is important but even from being on these forums and only being able to play the demo, i see BIS as an oldschool company where its customers are formost. How many gaming companies can boast this? i bet it isn't many.

keep up the great work guys you are doing us and your selves proud ;)

I've been following OFP since early previews in 2000, then the demo, then the full OFP in 2001, then Red Hammer, Resistence, Arma 1, Queen's Gambit and Arma 2 (x2)... All those little boxes are standing on my shelf, and that's the only game I still play on a regular basis. Thank you BIS. I'm saving for AO and Carrier Command already.

And the weirdest of all... I only fight about 30% of the time... having fun goofing around in the editor the rest of the time...

And the weirdest of all... I only fight about 30% of the time... having fun goofing around in the editor the rest of the time...

I also spend much more time in the editor then playing actual missions.

I also spend much more time in the editor then playing actual missions.

Same here, Now I just need more people to play my skirmishes with.

I seriously cannot wait for Operation Arrowhead with the performance issues being addressed with 1.05 and further patches and FLIR/Flashlights expanded Editor, Real time Editor (probably being released) hopefully some improved AI, and ease of running scripts this game will deffinetly be my Game of the Year for 2010, Running up behind it Star Craft 2 (Hopefully), Mass Effect 2 and Splinter Cell Conviction. :D

-Signed-

Thank you BIS for this splendid game, and all the dedication you show towards the community!

This is truly one of a kind!

-signed-

This game is all i play now

I jumped ship from ofp to ARMA2 and never played ARMA because i never knew it was OFP until later 2008 and i said i'll just wait till ARMA 2 comes out. It feels just like OFP in a modern game with more features

BIS support the community, i support BIS.

The bugs are normal because of parts availablity for pc's and the huge open world environment and possibilities of this game.

No one else can make a game like this and if they did i bet it will have more bugs than ARMA.

Only way to eliminate bugs is for community to play the game. Remember BIS is listening to us and do an awesome hard worked job considering they're not a very big company. A proven track record started with OFP CWC

...but I wanted to send my gratitude to the Bohemia group. I've played the Codemasters OFDR for about 3 hours and it gives me nothing but an urge to scream. How can they downgrade a title like this (Operation Flashpoint) to the very floor and still speak highly of it?

This is meant to be a cheer to Arma II and the developers (+ the modding community) that still keep the goals high. I know this has been said before, but I'd like to join the crowd and praise the development in that same direction we PC players like to see Bohemia is going in the future...

Good on you for not giving into the IQ-free world of console gaming B!

ArmA II rocks!

Edited by Ingolf

I actually think OFDR had potential but now its just dustbin material. Codemasters has irreparably pissed of the PC community.

Conversely this seems to have led new folk to Arma2 and also like me realize what a great game Arma is, with developer and community working together.

For depressing disinchantment head over to OFDR forum for such great topics as:

CLASS ACTION: false-advertising - delted by codemasters

There will be no dedicated servers - official

How to get your money back of Play.com

Extremly unsatisfied

Useless!

OFDR is dead!

ect ect

Thankyou Codemasters for making gamers re-embrace there love for Bohemia:yay:

Moved one of the old 'thanks BI' threads over here and made it sticky. From now on this is the only 'thanks BI' thread, please refrain from starting any other one.

And please, no DR discussion here. We have a thread for that in the offtopic forum.

Yea, thanks Wolle, sry for posting out of place, didnt see this thread... Just wanted to express myself regarding the two... :)

-signed-

Thanks, BIS - keep up the great work!

And a big "Thanks!" to all you Addon and Mod makers, too!

Edited by Anguis

BIS you made the best :war: game ever!!

I couldnt agree more. :yay:

Also, the tools are so elegant and simple, anyone can use them but still have limitless scenariois to create. Combined with community addons, I can spend hours and days in the mission editor. I find myself playing in epic missions until 430 in the morning sometimes.....healing each other, providing covering fire, tactical gamplay....just brilliant at times. (followed by times of epic failure of course lol) What a great game and community you'vre created. CHEERS!

Edited by katdogfizzow

Now i have played the game almost nonstop since it was installed on sunday 22 nov, i will say honestly hand on heart.....and then back on keyboard,..

i aint ever owned a game like it. BIS have no rivals in my eyes, the dedication to its customers is second to non, the beta patch update is faster than an A10 can empty a magazine. its completely mind blowing what actually goes on here.

BIS are probably king of the hill out of all the game makers but not recognised for thier efforts. i think we the players should now strive to make A2 and or when released AO Game of the year 2010 ;)

Thanks Guys your Totaly Awesome :D

Yep, I'll sign up to this. Played OFP, ArmA and now ArmA2, simply one of the best series of games I've ever played. Moddability, great community, replayability - this latest iteration is just the best sandbox wargame out there, no contest. OK so I'm a fanboi - I just don't care...

Nice one, BIS.

Yeah, thank you BIS. OFP is one of my favourite games(HL,OFP,MOHAA,Q3)

ArmA is kinda stupid. I don't like it very much. ArmA II is awesome, the true sequel to OFP. Atmosphere reminds OFP a little.

Last month my wife and I had been together 5 years, after meeting at BIS, so thank you BIS ;)

Haha, thats great, congrats.

Somehow, "Make love, not war" comes to mind, but it should be vice versa for BIS actually :P

Last month my wife and I had been together 5 years, after meeting at BIS, so thank you BIS ;)

Nice! Congrats!

And congrats to us, the BIS-games-community being so eagerly bemuttered by BIS.

Releasing Beta-patches is a big (and risky) work for BIS that I appreciate very much.

Performance and abilities of the game increasing a lot close to nearly every day.

Thank you very much BIS. I have been running your simulations non-stop since 2001. My signature says it all: There are no peers for BIS software. Nothing even comes close. We can't thank you enough.

:icon_dj:

http//www.thegraveyardshift.net/download/DOASaluteBIS.gif

Edited by W0lle
Image > 100kb

Thank You! I've been with you guys since I got OFP for the 1st christmas after it was out. You guys have never let me down and I have learned a great deal both from the game, and the people who play the game.

Thanks!,

Jake

Thank you BIS, i cant think of better things to have wasted my sparetime on the last 8 years. :D