Sign in to follow this  
pchaxor

Just want to say: Thank You BIS!

I am retracting. You can remove this entire thread.

BIS FAILS.

Adios.

Edited by pchaxor
BIS FAIL

They have great support, but they still need some lessons in the release department ;)

They have great support, but they still need some lessons in the release department ;)

Whats with all these threads praising Arma & BIS, just as soon as MW2 is launching?:p

Whats with all these threads praising Arma & BIS, just as soon as MW2 is launching?:p

Who knows :rolleyes:

I am just glad to see another "enlighten" player :D

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft :P

Edited by pchaxor

Hey all,

i just signed up here and thanks to pchaxor everything has been said that i wanted to say too but i also would like to ask a question.

How alive is this community, can we expect ARMA 2 to be played years from now? I know that nobody can predict the future but since i am so totally new to this community i would really like to hear how some of you arma veterans see that. I certainly do hope it will be around for long! Which leads to the question.. was ARMA 2 actually a success for bohemia? I refused buying ARMA2 because of the bad press that was pointing its fingers at the bugs but now that i have gotten it from steam and a few patches have been there since then, i must say holy lord, this game is the best military game i have ever seen and i am absolutely in love with it. My only concern is that this love wont last for long as the community vanishes more and more to other games.. or do you guys think that concern is unreasoned? :j: :)

Btw. i also bought OF2 (preordered it) and i must say.. this game sucked hard! I wish i could have given that money to Bohemia in the first place by buying the retail version of ARMA2 and not the 20 bucks version on steam. ;)

Anyways cheers,

rascal

P.S. Glad to have found that awesome community and game

P.S.2 Already looking forward to Arrowhead!

Edited by .rascal

My only concern is that this love wont last for long as the community vanishes more and more to other games.. or do you guys think that concern is unreasoned?

Dont worry sir, no ones going anyplace that's for damn sure. You will notice a lot move over to "sample something" only to come back with business as usual. Im no vet but ive been around since oct 2007 when i got Arma1 (which I seeked out and looked for than stumbled upon) and this place is as hardcore, helpful and full on with mods and updates / patches and has never stopped, always something to read, download, test, feedback, enjoy, post, request ... its as infinite as the sandbox its built around :)

I see all the usual suspects posting new updates, porting and beta testing for Arma2 from Arma1 .. it was not far after A2 release and the mods started to flow, Id say about now the momentum is real healthy like Arma1 for arma2 section now. Even Arma1 has a new patch on the way and mods are still being updated and added.

I will be kaning Arma2 with mods and Arrowhead easy for the next 2 years, I can say that with confidence.

Edited by mrcash2009

Arma 2 - great software, great developers, great community. They all deserve kudos and it's nice to see people periodically praise them.

I second tractorking too, it's perfectly possible to enjoy more than one game, they all have their merits.

Hey all,

i just signed up here and thanks to pchaxor everything has been said that i wanted to say too but i also would like to ask a question.

How alive is this community, can we expect ARMA 2 to be played years from now? I know that nobody can predict the future but since i am so totally new to this community i would really like to hear how some of you arma veterans see that. I certainly do hope it will be around for long! Which leads to the question.. was ARMA 2 actually a success for bohemia? I refused buying ARMA2 because of the bad press that was pointing its fingers at the bugs but now that i have gotten it from steam and a few patches have been there since then, i must say holy lord, this game is the best military game i have ever seen and i am absolutely in love with it. My only concern is that this love wont last for long as the community vanishes more and more to other games.. or do you guys think that concern is unreasoned? :j: :)

Vet since 2001 Here. The community is only growing since then and I have no fear that 10+ years from now we will all still be here should the Holy One permit. There is no limit for BIS and the software to come will surely surpass what is current. Operation Arrowhead is coming! (I AM SOOO EXCITED ABOUT THIS!) ArmA 2 is a success for sure for BIS. As for the community it is a success on a daily basis. Addons and missions being create constantly. BIS allows the community to create content that most others would call "DLC" and charge you for. As of the latest 1.05 beta (1.04.60000) I am hard pressed to find any bugs or have any crashes. Bad Press comes only from those that do not know that BIS stands behind their products and fixes them. The Bad press is temporary and harmless in the long term. The ArmA community is not going to die off. If it was it would have died over 7 years ago.

Thanks W0lle for enforcing the thread topic.

"other game talk"

We could go on and on about why you can't compare ArmA 2 to other games etc. This is not a debate thread. I am sure there are plenty of other threads out there that will satisfy your need to complain and "try" to compair. Not this one, please. Thanks for moving on!

Again Thanks to BIS and all the staff for creating this software.

Edited by pchaxor

I just want to say Thank You for being such a great software company and providing myself and the community with the use of your excellent products.

Day after day your company improves the product and continues to make it better and better. Will it ever end? (I hope not)

Every day I look forward to playing ArmA 2 for at least an hour and every time I play I meet new people and experience something new in the game.

I could go on and on about how vast and great ArmA 2 is ... The realism is unbeleivable, the animations are realistic, birds and dragon flies! ...

RAINBOWS! I mean c'mon! What game has Rainbows in it?!?!?! (A rainbow is beleived to be a promise from God himself!)

Amazing Game! Superb! Excellent! Top Notch! It stands alone and is the only reason I even own a computer! :)

Again, I Thank You!

You are much appreciated even if so many of us seem to just complain, complain, complain.

Signed !

Please try to keep the posts on topic. Sad to see people coming in here trolling and trying to pick a fight.

If you don't like ArmA 2, then don't play it. If you don't think BIS deserves props and a thanks then move on. :)

This thread is to give thanks to BIS and allow others to do the same in whatever way they choose.

Discussion of other games and such has no place in this thread. Sorry.

Thanks W0lle for keeping this thread clean.

Edited by pchaxor

All offtopic discussion deleted. Don't even think to derail the thread again with COD, BF, DR or whatever discussion. You wanna praise one of these titles? Then use the respective fan/developer forums.

I just want to say Thank You for being such a great software company and providing myself and the community with the use of your excellent products.

Day after day your company improves the product and continues to make it better and better. Will it ever end? (I hope not)

Every day I look forward to playing ArmA 2 for at least an hour and every time I play I meet new people and experience something new in the game.

I could go on and on about how vast and great ArmA 2 is ... The realism is unbeleivable, the animations are realistic, birds and dragon flies! ...

RAINBOWS! I mean c'mon! What game has Rainbows in it?!?!?! (A rainbow is beleived to be a promise from God himself!)

Amazing Game! Superb! Excellent! Top Notch! It stands alone and is the only reason I even own a computer! :)

Again, I Thank You!

You are much appreciated even if so many of us seem to just complain, complain, complain.

Basically my feelings. Signed.

I know im one of those people who just complain complain complain, but in the longterm I know that BIS will actually take those complaints/ideas into account rather than blowing them off like some other developers.

Which makes BIS special.

I can't remember the last time I was so excited for mods to come out and patches to come out, 1.05 will really help this game, might even get a few more sales if BIS and 505 could do alittle marketing with it, get the "this game is full of bugs/glitches" mentality off the consumers mind. :D

Been playing BIS series since OFP in 2001...

ARMA2 is now the ONLY game I play.

-=Signed=-

/signed

after the OFP Demo i bought every product from this serie in collectors edition if it was available and OFP+RES+ArmedAssault+ARMA2 makes half my PC games collection. The other ones I just picked up in bargain bin btw. I hope this franchise never dies because I can see myself as the old grandpa teaching my grand child the beauty of these open-mindded games :)

;1488085']

I can see myself as the old grandpa teaching my grand child the beauty of these open-mindded games :)

Make sure Grandpa has the TrackIR on.

Dont worry sir, no ones going anyplace that's for damn sure. .

I second that ! Though i reeeaaallly hope more players take intresst in the new communities popping up in the Arma community :)

I have to say im so impressed by arma, it blows anything else out of the water so to speak. The possibilites are endless with this game and the community around the game are building stuff every day.

Arma is by far one of the best games in the genre, speaking from 15 years of PC gaming experience

Arma 2 truely has "Unlimited possibilities".

The game is always fresh and exciting in terms of gameplay, Mods and Patches are icing on the cake.

Now BIS hurry up with those T-Shirts and Collectors Edition so I can give you more of me Money! :)

yes Thanks BIS, i got my CD today can't install till my b'day though....its a pressy from my better half. i could have gone for anything but the demo sucked me in so hard i needed the full version.

WTG guys keep up the good work :D

A Happy birthday in foward! :) Oh man, I imagine that the CD is tempting you to install it. ;)

I share the opinion of the OP, afterall these years of awesome games it's quite a feat that BI stayed what they did best. I can't say that for most companies, sooner or later they would disappoint me by overly mainstreaming their products for more profit.

I remember as if it was yesterday when I tried the demo of Operation Flashpoint, I was really astonished and at the same time impressed. It was a dream come true, and played the demo longer than I played any other demo. When I finally bought the Gold version of OFP I was even more impressed.

My only concern is that this love wont last for long as the community vanishes more and more to other games.. or do you guys think that concern is unreasoned?

What other games? :D There isn't a lot of competition in this field. Hmm maybe I should rephrase that. There isn't any competition. ;)

Thanks BI for all those years!

A while back I found a Thank you BI video on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lExET8zP2Mc

I run Saturday nights with 7 fellows that like to race and shoot. One of the guys got this game on the advice from a guy he worked with. He told us about it so I got the demo. It was good enough to peak my interest. Then Steam had the half off sale about 3 weeks ago. I bought myself a copy and my Brother-in-Law one. Then 2 of the other guys got and copy and then the 6th. In other words, this game is pulling people into its massive world! Although all the modding, etc. can be quite overwhelming, we are working together and figuring it out. I've also had my nose in posts and instructions far more than I care to admit. So to BIS and all you mod makers. Thank you! We finally have a game like the original Ghost Recon, but with all the glory of updated technology. Hmmm, wonder if I can convince my wife I need another 285 video card for SLI for this baby?

Seeing where the business is going i also suddenly feel a slight urge to express my sincerest thanks to BI! You guys are some of the very few developers who push boundaries in gaming, instead of jumping each & every "stoopid kiddy and console games sell good" or "all your os are belong to us microsoft yay sayers" bandwagon.

Dedicated PC games are dying and most (idiotic) users applaud furiously.

pls don´t give in :)