Sign in to follow this  
oldbear

Sbrodj, a Warfare/CTI dedicated map

Artifact ?

Give more infos on the issue ... I havn't get anything like that.

Artifact ?

Give more infos on the issue ... I havn't get anything like that.

his VGA is overheated

I am currently working on some modifications for Brk area, the "town" and the base as well :

- Adding building to Brk "town"

- Adding stones, rocks, bushes around town and base

- Adding walls and modifying the fences around base [along Chernarus large airfield model]

Many modifications already done around Severnsk, Zuud, Suppr town and base, Kombinat and also in the Sbrodj valley in order to provide a better cover for units movements.

- Adding stones, rocks, bushes.

I will try not to add too much objects in order not to change map character and playability.

sounds good! looking forward to it. not to rush greatness, but any guess as to when you'll be ready to release Old Bear?

EDIT: my fault, sorry for the confusion... has to do with Project 85, not Sbrodj.

Edited by GossamerS

updated /changed port of BE wafare @ Sbrodj to 2.049 http://urclan.org/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item40

Changelog of BE warfare v2.049 port to Clan ADO's Sbrodj Isle (Warfare@Sbrodj BE V2.049):

- civilian boats are present both tied up @ harbor and tooling around in the ocean. the resistance have captured several RHIBs and they are present and useable there as well.

- added light aa @ harbors and civil air transport. added some aa to airports and unmanned aa at camps sierra and november

- the resistance has acquired a sizable airforce by defections of insurgents and CDF from neighboring chernarus conflict. however, MOST of the air power is grounded due to lack of pilots. a purge of the defectors occurred due, in part, to their taste in music. all grounded air are useable if you can capture the airports without destroying them. caution is advised if starting or operating near the airports.

- placed "climb over" objects around the airport chain link fencing to assist ai infantry squads. temp fix but it works!

- additional tweaking to some start points

- numerous other small changes probably transparent to the user.

Thanks

Benny, Old Bear of Clan ADO and URC

On the long road leading to Sbrodj v 1.4 release, I am pleased to share this version.

It's content is modifying things having some influence on game.

V1.33 Public release,

Changelog :

- Suppressed misplaced ruined house at Bf20,

- Raised the height of the large red hangar in Kombinat,

- Added more than 10 000 various objects providing cover (walls, plants ...) around Severnsk, Brk, Kombinat, in Sbrodj valley and around the 2 main bases,

- Totally rebuilt walls and fences around main bases,

- Repositionning stairs in Sbrodj castle ,

- Added some runway length on Brk base,

- Modified roads and bridges in Norgard area,

- Modified roads in Ioujnisad area,

- Suppressed trees on roads

- Repositionning rail tracks in

- Modified "middle" texture to tweaked down it's brightness.

Download Sbrodj v1.33 [20 MB 7z] from Armed Assault.info .

A great map with many possibilities for mission makers. I like the buildings too since you can actually put AI inside them. It has the same issue as the first version of Namalsk. Too much grass makes this map run slower than Chernarus.

Slower than Chernarus ? Playing Sbrodj alone or with a lot of addons ? On a Commodore 64 ?

The 1.33 version adding many object is a bit more pulling on the rig but I still have a decent FPS count except around big town.

Of course my "Rolling Thunder" armour test battle featuring more than 200 tanks is pulling the FPS under 25 ...

The map has been built with middle/low PC specs in mind, that's the reason why I am a bit surprised.

Old Bear rig : Core2Duo E6600, Asus P5B, 4Go Ram 800, 4870 Vapor-X 1Go.

I get much better performance on sbrodj vs chernarus. assumed it was due to less dense forests. pretty smooth here.

edit @Old Bear - small error report - on road headed north east out of pletky there is a line of bushes, a tree and a rock in the road. like what you've done with the place!

Edited by Gutm@sher

That's always the problem with vegetation trying to grow inconspicuously between releases.

I will try to correct the thing quickly.

Slower than Chernarus ? Playing Sbrodj alone or with a lot of addons ? On a Commodore 64 ?

The 1.33 version adding many object is a bit more pulling on the rig but I still have a decent FPS count except around big town.

Of course my "Rolling Thunder" armour test battle featuring more than 200 tanks is pulling the FPS under 25 ...

The map has been built with middle/low PC specs in mind, that's the reason why I am a bit surprised.

Old Bear rig : Core2Duo E6600, Asus P5B, 4Go Ram 800, 4870 Vapor-X 1Go.

I'm running the GDT Mod Plants addon which ofcourse slows the game down since there is more grass. Then again even Chernarus works just fine with the grass mod. The gameplay remains smooth if you go to the hills or other parts of the map with low grass. Many of the villages or open fields with tall grass have poor performance. I gotta say this map completely surprised me. So many different military bases, villages and farms.

A new step in building Sbrodj :

V1.34 Public release,

Changelog :

- Modified .cpp as suggested by Kju (Thanks Kju !)

- Repositioning misplaced trees and rocks in the Sbrodj Valley (bug report by Gutm@sher, thanks!)

- Repositioning misplaced walls in Sbrodj.

Download Sbrodj v1.34 [20 MB 7z]

have updated BE warfare port on sbrodj to 2.050 both vanilla and ACE. will provide d/l link in 1-2 days. made some changes as well:

- further tweaking of town center / camps in some towns to ensure more urban combat at settlements.

- added 4 capture points (37 total) at hopefully fun locations.

- the resistance have recved a shipment of mines from ACME Corp. and have used them to bolster the airfield defenses

note: the editor placed resistance aircraft can cause the JIP fire bug. Jip fire bug...or...resistance airforce...tough choice. you'll have to decide.

I think I'll just be porting benny's ACE versions after vanilla 2.050. after you play ace a bit its hard to go back!

Edited by Gutm@sher

Hi Old Bear,

noticed your post with the last update included the line "a new step in building Sbrodj". are there future plans for the island that you can share with us?

2.0 ? Hell no !

My goal is a 1.4 more or less final version, as said in a previous post :

The general overhaul of the map with a lot of tweaking , to do :

* _Sat enhanced,

* Mid.mco texture updated,

* Road net cut in shorter sections and "smoothed",

* Buildings, walls and side-walks moved to better position,

* Unwelcome trees and bushes cut from road and path.

... will be done after completion of the [too many ?] projects I am working on.

So I am going to that goal by small steps, often out of the previous path to fulfil my gamer friends needs ^^.

So next step was a projected work on roads, and I am currently working on textures and _Sat, but next release content will probably be different ...

For a while, I am building other maps and will go back to Sbrodj in 15 days.

I will wait a bit for bug report, expression of unexpected need and so on.

That's always the problem with vegetation trying to grow inconspicuously between releases.

I will try to correct the thing quickly.

edit: you still plan to sparse a bit grass right ?

I am wondering about the right balance between objects/grass quantity and FPS level.

I think that the last added objects ... in fact much more than 10 000, are pulling down the FPS too much and I need some more feedback about that.

One of my objective in building the map was of making a map playable by all my fellow gamer, not only the top of the notch rig owner, ... and I have still this goal in mind.

/concur, FPS going down on latest release for me. Can't remember the name of the village, north-east of central castle ruins

the road there, surrounded by trees line, is quite CPU intensive now. I don't remember having this in 1st released version

I have updated Sbrodj and released a v1.37 public version :

v1.37 Public release -

Changelog :

- Modified rivers, they are fordable all along, down to anti-salt walls,

- Decreased number and size for tall grass clutters,

- Suppressed rocks on 2 islets,

- Suppressed one shrub model on the whole map,

- Modified forests using MaskMapper,

- Changed models for various walls in the central valley,

- Suppressed objects (walls, shrubs) in the North of central valley,

- Modified roads,

- Suppressed misplaced ruined houses,

- Suppressed rocks and trees on roads.

Previous v1.35 and v1.36 have been released for testing purposes internal to the [ADO] team, trying to deal with smooth road script, MaskMapper and swimming AI ^^.

DOWNLOAD - Sbrodj v1.37 [21 MB 7z]