Sign in to follow this  
oldbear

Sbrodj, a Warfare/CTI dedicated map

I am pleased to inform you about the release of Sbrodj.

Description

Sbrodj has been built a Warfare dedicated map.

So the main features are :

- a "no corner" structure,

- a roughly symmetrical shape

- a "simplified" map with less objects and more open buildings.

It was also built to host large tanks battles on its 10km x 10km area

Some facts about Sbrodj :

Sbrodj : a divided country !

Once an united country, with Sbrodj as a capital, the Sbrodj country has been divided for years by the Iron Curtain.

You can still get caught in the barbed wire along the Nordgarden-Youjnisad frontier.

A short reunification era has been followed by a year long civil war.

The capital city has been destroyed. The medieval castle is the only standing remain of a former beautiful town.

Everywhere on the island, you can get a glimpse at civil war destructions : town, villages, bridge, houses.

It looks peaceful but the conflict is still smouldering under the ashes ...

Sbrodj1.3_3s.jpgSbrodj1.3_4s.jpg

Sbrodj features:

- 2 main bases/airports [AI friendly],

- 2 disused WW2 bases for skilled pilots only ;) .

- 2 main towns Severnsk and Zuud,

- one main ruined town, Sbrodj the former capital town,

- many villages, 2 of them ruined,

- a railway network in the North-East part,

- 2 dams

- some bridges,

and 2 small islands to be used in Warfare ...

The main issues for players are the bumpy roads.

I have already spend too long hours waiting for "road smoothing" without too much results.

The other source of concern if low FPS and even freeze -on low end PC- at Severnsk and Zuud approach due to the use of many enter-able buildings.

Credit and thanks

Rocket for MaskMapper

Benny for his BE Warfare mission and his advice,

ADO Floosy for his tutorial and help,

ADO HusKy, ADO The_Killer,ADO ANgel,ADO Philippe83 for the Betas testings,

ADO Neo, ADO Benson, ADO Romulus, ADO Drooper63 for bugs reports,

ADO Le Sicilien for the missions !

and all the

Clan ADO http://www.clan-ado.fr/

Update !

[ADO] Sbrodj v1.5 released

Changelog :

- Modified coordinates system, changed to 3 digits

- Modified buildings placement in Severnsk

- Created Prison near Severnsk

- Added intro based upon IceBreakr's Isla Duala intro ... from W0lle design

DOWNLOAD : [ADO] Sbrodj (v 1.5)

Edited by Old Bear
Version 1.5 released

hey

cannot try it until saturday...need info on:size of towns,size of entire isle,environment,LOL

Hey congratulations...

Very nice...:)

hopefully someone will make a warfaremission for that.

Fantastic work Old Bear! ;)

Many very nice and detailed spots.

Some areas take my frames down but well that's how A2 is so far.

Anyway beautyful work.

Great work. I love the Cold War atmosphere. Just in time too :).

Awesome job!

I just did a quick fly over and ran around a bit. This looks to be perfect for gameplay. Very OFP'ish!

It's a big enough size, not too steep mountains, long hills, open flat land, tons of occupiable buildings, great road & town layouts, and awesome fps performance.

The ONLY thing that ruins this a bit is the sat texture. I see that you only used 1 small 512x512 texture to cover the whole map, which explains the super low resolution blurry look to the sat in game. I hope you will consider redoing the sat. The bare minimum of using 2048x2048 rather then 512x512 might help a bit. The best way though would be to make a real sat in V3 using a 10x10 sat texture. Either from scratch or you can just simply patch together a sat from another islands .paa's like utes or chernarus.

If you would like any help in this area, let me know. This map is just too awesome to not have a decent sat to go with it.

Again though, awesome job! :yay:

@ All : thanks for the kind words ...

@RG : Yes, you are right, but my aim was to release a playable/fun map ... quickly.

I do know that I must do an overhaul.

I will wait for a while, getting feedback from players. I must rebuild the whole road network and apply again the "road smoothing" script.

I must also repair a lot of things I have seen as a player or heard from my team mate.

I will try do redo the _Sat, and again try to tweak the overall "colour" ... I have already tested more than 20 sets of textures/mid_texture/_Sat. From dark green to bright yellow.

My plans are now to release Winter Pomegratskaya as a public beta, [i still need winter vegetation] and finish my "Cross" project map a CQB dedicated small map.

Edited by Old Bear

yes this map is pretty nice, definitly a good Warfare island. good job

Great work

A very good balance of objects, not to less and not to much. :bounce3:

regards Intruder

Love the name man :D

On Topic:

Nice island!

/ ]NTRUDER

Nice job Old Bear, one thing I've noticed: try using random trees sizes, some of pines seem to be all of the same size and look somehow artificial or OFP-ish if you like :)?

Very, very nice map, imho not only designed for CTI but pure PvP, AAS and the like would fit very nicely in this one.

A huge bonus : performance. It's feeling like Utes.

+ the sometimes near symetric designs, and all around features makes it a very good map.

Just one thing : you could reduce (I've no clue how difficult it is, never made a custom island myself) the grass height in towns, it's too tall imho, it adds grass field spotting difficulty to the MOUT aspect and, well, it would be better with less tall grass :)

Super boulot, m'sieur!

Man, this is great. I am currently learning how to make advanced missions, and this will be my island for a mini-campaign :rolleyes:

I fact the so called WW2 airstrips are based upon a kind of air base to be found in Eastern Europe like this one at :

43°00'48.54 N,27°39'02.54"E

I don't know if they are for WW2 or Cold War era, they are just features for fun on the map for it's easy possible to land and take off everywhere on the coastal plains, just try to skip tree tops and search for rocks before landing. Remember the map was built with Warfare/CTI in mind ...

By the way on these airstrips there are no rocks and no dangerous tree tops :)

Edited by Old Bear

Very good island, for me best user made island so far for arma2

Two issues (for me):

-main texture has low resolution

-some bushes/trees are unnecessary aligned - it doesn't look natural

congratulations and thanks

nice map. while i love panthera map, it can be difficult for warfare (especially bennys when the ai comander relocates the base and flips over!). my only complaint would be the same as above concerning the low res sat map. runs smooth with lots of open terrain for epic battles. i ported over benny's warfare for it to test and its very fun. still finding little "suprises" such as fortified areas you included. thanks for this!

nice map. while i love panthera map, it can be difficult for warfare (especially bennys when the ai comander relocates the base and flips over!). my only complaint would be the same as above concerning the low res sat map. runs smooth with lots of open terrain for epic battles. i ported over benny's warfare for it to test and its very fun. still finding little "suprises" such as fortified areas you included. thanks for this!

Would it be possible for you to share your benny port, I would love to play it on this map?