Sign in to follow this  
tpw

Modern Warfare 2

Just borrowed my mates' copy for the 360 (he had already finished the campaign) and I must say I really like the singleplayer - It is a somewhat glorified on-rails shooter but it does it's thing really well with plenty of atmosphere and to be honest, alot of immersion. The storyline is as already mentioned laughable in parts, but the singleplayer as a whole really works.

I fully agree with those who stopped playing after the mission wanted them to kill civilians.

I will never give my money to such a game.

I like the more mature developers and community members of Arma2.

This is my PERSONAL view.

The atmosphere is well done and im really looking forward to play the coop missions. That's all. It's like getting a meal at McDonalds. Tastes really good but after a short time you feel hungry again. :)

Btw: Germany retailers like Okaysoft.de sold the game at a normal price - 45 Eur with shipping.

Edited by ])rStrangelove

I fully agree with those who stopped playing after the mission wanted them to kill civilians.

I will never give my money to such a game.

I like the more mature developers and community members of Arma2.

This is my PERSONAL view.

deep down everybody is a civilian...if you somehow think its ok to kill a man just because he's military...

Ugh, I finished the SP campaign last night and tbh, I'm not overly impressed. It has the odd moment or two but the balance is all off. The respawning enemies are 100x worse than MW, with enemies appearing behind you out of thin air. I find this extremely annoying and it kills the immersion.

The level design is also lacking IMHO although I will admit the sound is a lot better than MW1. The guns have more presence. I would agree with some who say it has good atmosphere but it's just not enough. The story is another factor that pulls it down. It's like it was written by a severely retarded version of Tom Clancy (and I don't rate him as a good author in the first place).

This game was marketed on hype perpetuated by a FAR superior game. I would never drop $60.00 on this title and unless you are planning on doing ALOT of MP, I would suggest avoiding it.

MW1 was a way more consistent game. I loved almost every second of the SP campaign and it was well worth the money. Some will argue that MW2 is simply "more of the same" but MW2 is quite simply not in the same league.

I've had more fun with the first "kill house" in Afghanistan than I did with pretty much any other part of the game.

Edited by BangTail

Urgh. Walk five metres into cover, throw grenade. Wait. Walk five metres into cover, throw grenade. Rinse and repeat x 10,000... again. <sigh>

I bought it yesterday too, and it was a good bit of fun after work. Yes, it's a short campaign; yes, they reused bits and bobs from the other MW...either way, it was worth the cash for me, because I got to enjoy a fun game.

No complaints here...except for the fact that I get a stupid DirectX error message and it crashes on the same spot...which happens to be right after the last mission.

Abs

i have no real complaints either from me, i enjoy all the campaign up till the very end where your forced to hit one key as fast as you can like a stupid console monkey.

Yeah, while I thought the sequence was awesome, it was really too much button mashing to make it happen. Was wondering when the hell it was going to finally work...

Yeah, while I thought the sequence was awesome, it was really too much button mashing to make it happen. Was wondering when the hell it was going to finally work...

Slightly OT but that fecking button mashing console SH*T does my head in. I wish they would substitute those sequences for something else when they convert console games onto the PC.

It quite honestly makes me want to rip my f*cking hair out.

Again, I'll reference MW. At the end, the guy slides the .45 over to you and you take the shot. Nice, simple, effective and most of all, satisfying.

*DO NOT READ THE SPOILER IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW SPECIFIC DETAILS ABOUT THE ENDING OF MW2*

Then there is this button mashing horseshit at the climax of the already poorly designed ending of M2 where you have to smash F about 2000x to throw a knife (that's conveniently and quite firmly embedded in your chest).

Edited by BangTail

well it was probably on par to the ending of MW but still the big finale i was looking forward too was ruined in an instead as i realised i had finger fuck my keyboard to finish the campaign, very disapointing finale, i enjoyed watching the credits then the finale. :)

I must give props to IW for the way they did the credits. Very original and fun to watch. :D

Hi all

Its an over priced direct to DVD animated movie with an avanced menu for cutscenes.

Save your selves some money and get it from the bargain bins in a few months ;)

If you pay more than 20 notes for it you have been conned.

Kind Regards walker

I can bet you any money that the general is not dead, just lost one eye, and are highly likely to came back big boss style in MW3 :D

... get it from the bargain bins in a few months ;)

You don't seem to understand what the Call of Duty series is, Walker... :rolleyes:

I don't think I've ever seen COD4 in a bargain bin. Or WaW for that matter.

There are millions of other people loving the game. Every person I know who owns it, which is almost everyone I know, loves it. There may be people whining on the internet, but that is puny in comparison to the total number of customers.

But contrary to your opinion, I think it's a great game. If you haven't gathered that already.

Edit: Jesus Christ! Check out the stats on Xfire. I know that Xfire isn't to be used to show how good a game is, but wow. MW2's multiplayer has been played almost as much as COD2's in the span of... what? 2 days? Wow...

I wonder if that's accurate. Seems pretty incredible to be true.

Edited by Zipper5

Watched MW2 video's and it is waaaayyyyy too arcadey of a game. I'm waiting for the "Headshot" to pop up on the screen with the mortal kombat voice.

Its for kiddies. Doesn't even come close to a mil sim.

It'll have the same fate as DR for pc's.

Eugh... So every game that isn't a mil-sim sucks, eh?

Well, that limits your game selection to... 3 games. OFP, ArmA and ArmA II. Have fun with that...

I won't bother with it anyway, I didn't like COD1 and MOH either. I am just interested in this all from the industry perspective, it will influence other games indirectly.

But I must admit, all this stuff made me dug up some memories of classics. It's time I dust off my copy of Hidden and Dangerous and Raven Shield, it's quite depressing that I have to play old games as there are no true followups. I am a bit jealous of the people that stood in a long line to get MW2, I wish there was a game that I'll do that too. :(

I'm surprised at all the pc gamers back-tracking and buying this game after all the fuss. I've seen guys on the IW forums that swore to death they would boycott now posting over there saying they went out and bought it anyway.

For me, I'm still boycotting.

It's the principle of the thing.

well if you want to play 6v6 in your face arcade, this is the rent the xbox game of the year...As for pc... why do PC_mw2 players embarrass them selves, it almost like they are saying "i play Anime Girls when i play Anime games..." http://www.animegames.net/ = MM2_pC IMO.

Edited by kklownboy

Right - Just finished the campaign... About halfway in it got too much, I kept on playing but the god-awful storyline killed any and all enjoyment, and ripped the heart out of the games' ambiance. I really didn't think it was going to be that bad. Infinity Ward really should consider getting some new writers, when the storyline of the Metal Gear Solid series makes more sense than your story, it's time to re-think.

Tomorrow my mate is going to change this game in for FORZA Motorsport 3 - I bet you a dedicated server package that that is going to last more than two days.

I am happy I have not gotten the game, from what I read and several also mention here it seems to be much more gun-ho then COD4.

I can understand that heart pounding gun battles are entertaining, but it seems the entire SP story is like that which of course for me if true is for sure not what I would look for.

Saved money on this, and DR, it pays of to become older, wiser and more critical towards the industry :D

I think I might buy it so I can play some coop with my brother. However, I will be buying it for 360 once it is about half as much as it is now.