Sign in to follow this  
tpw

Modern Warfare 2

Am surprised to see an Arma fan defending Activision for charging this?:confused:

Since when is someone supposed to give you shit for free :confused: And what, being an arma fan should mean I should automatically reject all other games? Did I join a firm without knowing? I really enjoyed MW2, played the hell out of it, and then some. Gonna buy the maps, no question about it, the only reason i actually put it aside is that I really got sick of the maps that were there after reaching level 65 or something.

Since when is someone supposed to give you shit for free :confused: And what, being an arma fan should mean I should automatically reject all other games? Did I join a firm without knowing? I really enjoyed MW2, played the hell out of it, and then some. Gonna buy the maps, no question about it, the only reason i actually put it aside is that I really got sick of the maps that were there after reaching level 65 or something.

and since when did gamers charge for DLC?? COD4's DLC was for free, why charge us now? they've already charged us extre $10 for the original game, and now they're charging us an extra $5 for this map pack, and for what? for only 3 new maps!!

and btw I mentioned "as an Arma fan" because Arma fans always brag about how BIS supports the community and gives away free content, unlike Activision and EA etc

Edited by raizjames

and since when did gamers charge for DLC?? COD4's DLC was for free, why charge us now? they've already charged us extre $10 for the original game, and now they're charging us an extra $5 for this map pack, and for what? for only 3 new maps!!

and btw I mentioned "as an Arma fan" because Arma fans always brag about how BIS supports the community and gives away free content, unlike Activision and EA etc

I'm so glad that I have not touched this game since its release. Activison knows "milking" strategies very well and I'm not suprised about 5 bucks for three maps. These three maps should have been included in the original game, but hey thats the Activision Milk.

Edited by Sudayev

TI'm so glad that I have not touched this game since it's release. Activison knows "milking" strategies very well and I'm not suprised about 5 buck for three maps. These three maps should have been included in the original game, but hey thats the Activision Milk.

its $15 not $5

If it was only 800 microsoft points I would buy it, but 15 dollars is too much for 3 new maps and 2 reskinned maps.

Also MW2 is always being hacked which is a turn off, I only really play the game when my other friends are online.

What happened to Spec op missions being DLC :confused:

This is really pathetic if it takes Infinity ward 5 months to make 3 new maps and reskin 2 others, there should be 5 new maps, 3 old maps and 2 Spec op missions and the new emblems/titles/unlocks etc that they promissed.

Im very disappointed, and with the news the past couple of weeks of IW founders being fired from their own F***king company makes me want to slit Bobby Koticks throat and burn activision to the F***king ground.

Also wheres the damn support for this game, all they did was fix abunch of hacks and cheats! No new playlists like a First person team tactical or hardcore FFA. :mad:

No go for the DLC razor one OUT.

15 bucks for 3 maps? This must be a joke. They should make war game mode + 5 maps for that money. And this paying for DLC is just... greedy and mean. I cant belive it. I played cod 5 last day and as a whole its so much better but the mechanics is old now and it felt weird. But it was great to play hardcore 14 on 14 war mode again and actually sniping on relatively long range for cod.

Anyway, Im not paying for few extra maps, thats for sure.

@ Flash Thunder

To be honest, I think they were planning to put more stuff into DLC, but with the problems that are going on between IW and Activision, and the possibility of Activision taking over the MW franchise and hand it over to some other gaming studio, It just seems like its taken away the focus of IW on MW2, so they just decided to stuff it, and just put 3 new maps that probably took them few weeks to develop, and 2 ready made from COD4,

I also read somewhere that Activision hasn't paid IW any money yet from the profits of MW2, the whole thing just sound a bit messed up, I am pretty sure that IW arent happy with the price tag, but they have no control over it

@ Flash Thunder

To be honest, I think they were planning to put more stuff into DLC, but with the problems that are going on between IW and Activision, and the possibility of Activision taking over the MW franchise and hand it over to some other gaming studio, It just seems like its taken away the focus of IW on MW2, so they just decided to stuff it, and just put 3 new maps that probably took them few weeks to develop, and 2 ready made from COD4,

I also read somewhere that Activision hasn't paid IW any money yet from the profits of MW2, the whole thing just sound a bit messed up, I am pretty sure that IW arent happy with the price tag, but they have no control over it

The DLC scam is getting out of control. Everyone needs to vote with their wallets on this one. It's the ONLY way to stop it.

You have to love BIS for the endless support of their product years after it releases with no 'gimmicks' or 'duping' involved, just a great game and a unique community :)

The DLC scam is getting out of control. Everyone needs to vote with their wallets on this one. It's the ONLY way to stop it.

You have to love BIS for the endless support of their product years after it releases with no 'gimmicks' or 'duping' involved, just a great game and a unique community :)

I think one of the main reasons for this is that BIS is yet to enter a console market (it has been mentioned, but no news so far). Microsoft insists on charging users for DLCs through their Live system. The problem then becomes well how come the XBOX folk have to pay and PC guys dont? The simple solution is put a tag on the PC stuff too. This happened with OFP:DR with their first mission pack. PC users got it for free. Can you imagine the rage of console users :)

The original plan for DLC releases were to be eipsodic, in that the initial release is meant to be cheaper than a normal release then each episode costs a sum. I believe Sin was the game that attempted to pioneer it (except that lack of popularity killed it before it really started)

Now days games companies are taking the route of, release a game at full price then charge more on top of it for DLC, and that's just rediculous in my view, but if people buy it then they'll keep doing it.

One prime example of recent is Borderlands. I bought borderlands when it was first released at AU$55, now it's around AU$90 on steam plus the price of DLC on top of it. That's just overboard and the reason why I won't buy DLC unless the game is a reasonable price to begin with.

@raizjames as i put i was told most where from MW1 so 2 r from the old game :) and why not charge for it just look at BF2 with the 3 addon packs thay did added new stuff for the game i don't see now rediculous it is to buy a map pack as long as the maps r good to play on

I think one of the main reasons for this is that BIS is yet to enter a console market

Uh.. whats this copy of OFP: Elite doing sat on my shelf then? A mirage?

box-l.jpg

Image for illustrative purposes only, I do legit have a copy of Elite tho :p

I know about Elite, but it was really that the next gen consoles opened the doors for the DLCs.