Sign in to follow this  
Hasha

I am selling windows xp pro

I am really low on cash and needs money badly to buy a new computer monitor as mine old one is busted.

I am selling my original copy of Windows XP Professional for $500 Canadian. It's authenticity is assured as I already registered it with Microsoft and any potential buyer simply needs a transfer of license which also means that he OS will be completely removed from my computer or the product activation will hAUNT ME!

Interested buyer please E-mail me at nanyangview@hotmail.com

I will definetly and have to uninstall it from my system of the product activation will kick in and MS will come and haunt me.

I will go back to windows 2000 after selling my XP.

And your posting rights would get revoked by the mods, you loose biggrin.gif

I've learned to use Linux in college and I've got to say I'd choose it over Winblows any day if it wasn't for the fact that there are no games out there for it...As it stands now I refuse to upgrade my Windows unless I'm buying a new PC...otherwise I'll just switch over to a new version of Linux and use that as my main operating system, and switch to Windows whenever I feel like playing OFP.

pilt39.jpg

msslave.jpg

pilt25.jpg

if the mods banned everyone here who hasent paid for the windows they are using right now, or have given windows to someone else.... you could probably count the number of members that would remain on one hand..

and dont bother saying "well I pay for it.. stealing is wrong!" bla bla liar..

Well, personally I've never bought Windows...that dosen't mean it hasn't been forced down my throat every time I've bought a PC...and like I said I refuse to update and pay through my nose, thank you very much. If my Windows is obsolete before my PC is, I'll get the newest Linux kernel and there I go, gaming aside there's nothing Windows can do that Linux can't do as well if not better, except for crashing tounge.gif.

Now as far as people copying Windows, do I give a shit? nope, if any software company deserves to be ripped off IMHO it's Microsoft, I was just saying that maybe it isn't a smart thing to be talking about in a forum where you can't even put up a link to the underdog's abandonware site confused.gif

MS doesent make most of its money from selling windows to individuals anyway, where it makes the most is selling it to businesses.. I.E. selling licenses to them.. like the company has 10 computers.. MS sells the 1 CD and 10 permissions to use it.. so for the production cost of 1 cd the get the profit of 10..

lol i actually have a legit copy too, i got XP home proffesional with my laptop.

Hail bill gates XP is king

biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ April 01 2002,13:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><Snip>

and dont bother saying "well I pay for it.. stealing is wrong!"   bla bla  liar..<span id='postcolor'>

Given that I write software for a living, I probably have a different attitude about such things, but I buy all of the software that I use. That includes paying for things that most people take for granted, such as WinZIP.

Well call me strange, but I like the boxes, manuals and other paraphanalia that you get with a genuine retail product, even OEM stuff can't get close to the feel of a RP.

Anyhow, if I recall my product licensing knowledge correctly, I don't actually think the XP product license is transferable, and if you read any standard form software license you will generally see, usually in the first clause that the license you purchase is a "Limited Use License", and consequently it is "non-exclusive", and "non transferable". Now in a strict sense that means only the original purchaser is legally entitled to use the software, however it would seem the powers that be have no real qualm if there is no money/commercial aspect involved, so maybe you should give it away to you brother or cousin or something, and save MS some money, those lawyers MS use are expensive, and eventually even Bill Gates wouldn't be able to afford them.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">people still buy windows?

<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, unfortunately. I got Windows XP Pro for free as an evaluation copy.

Also, people still buy whole computer systems retail instead of building them for 1/3 the price.

honestly I have a legit version of XP Professional but due to a very long story i don't have the discs. So if i want format my comp then i seriously f-cked. The only thing i got out of XP Pro was windows media player which simply makes it convient to listen to music and videos (although i could have downloaded software for this from the net ,eg. winamp).

Never been a big fan of windows, I would love to goto to linux or mac OS X but i find compatability a issue which stops me. I will never pay for windows (i get it when i buy a system)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but I buy all of the software that I use<span id='postcolor'>

So you don't trust in open-source software?

I do exactly like Tovarish, linux is for work, Windows for fun.

I use Win95 that I was forced to take when I got my computer

4 years ago, and Red Hat Linux 7.2.