Sign in to follow this  
343rdBadger

RussianArmorPack v4.0

Big update!! Changed Commander view type to T90 instead of T72.This also fixes the gunner moving the commander view when turning turrent.

This pack has one issue with ArmaII, the rvmats make it dependent on the tracked.pbo.(if you want the shinyness and scratches)The only way I could get around this was to add them into the tracked.pbo package.

All you do is de-pbo the tracked.pbo and add the included rvmats to the data\detailmappy directory.If you DON'T do this, what will happen is the game will nag you about it on startup and the textures will be flat/matt without the ArmaII "shinyness"(no biggy really but I personally like the shiny textures better).

download:

http://www.filefront.com/14953395/RussianTankPackArmA2Ver5.0.7z

Edited by 343rdBadger

how do i install it? i know how to install addons, but this one has an rvmat folder i never saw before

I think you have to un-pbo the whole thing and add rv mats manually. I found the whole thing too confusing on previous release and used the mod "as is". Downside of not loading rvmats is that textures look flat and lack Arma 2 "shiny-ness".

The way that I remember it, the rvmat files should go in the tracked.pbo. You have to unpbo the tracked.pbo, then put in all the rvmat files in the unpbo version (data folder). Then with the new rvmat files in, make a pbo of that, so you have a new tracked.pbo (with the new rvmats present). I used cpbo to do that and it worked fine. Also make a backup of the original tracked.pbo before you start. Hope that helps. :)

Cheers Mast! Currently putting the .pbo together (and it's taking forever:eek: ).

And some additional info...

Tools:

To unpbo use http://www.kegetys.net/arma/ Download updated arma package and use cpbo tool. It appears to only un-pbo, so to pack stuff back up I'm using MakePBO found here http://svd.s20.xrea.com/x/tools.html

RVmat files go into data/detailmapy dir

RVmat files go into data/detailmapy dir

Dang... forgot about that.

If you right click on the tracked folder, you should see "create PBO" (Windows 7). The cpbo will do the rest. :)

Edited by GD Mast
add to

yeah,stupid me forgot to paste the instructions in the read me...my bad.I'll update the thread once i find the old one with the info.:rolleyes:

Big update!!! See first post.version is now V5.0 :)bump

Edited by 343rdBadger

There is still an error that's appearing for me on start up:

Warning Message: Cannot load texture ca\tracked\data\ico\bmp2_ca.paa.

and I believe the .rpt is exploding with errors.(But I can't confirm this for sure)

I've never seen this error?,first time its been reported as well...dunno what to tell ya?:confused:

Only time I've ever seen it. I replaced the tracked.pbo back to vanilla and took out v5.0 and the error went away. Maybe it's a conflict or I set up the tracked.pbo wrong. Not sure, let's see if others report the same thing.

Hmm, putting something into original BIS files doesn't really feel good, imho it calls for more problems to arise. And apart from that, it is a very unusual way to do it. And of course it is a hassle for anyone using your addon. There must be a way to avoid that and use your RVMATs from inside of your addon, by changing something in the config.

I'm far from being an expert, so I can only speculate, but what happens if you change the paths in the array in line 295 of your config.cpp from ca\tracked\data\detailmapy\... to a location inside your addon? Or doing the same in the P3D model files (using a path with the exact same length of course, like smurfc_era\rvmats_xxxxxxxx\...)?

I'm probably just telling you something you know already. Maybe you just overlooked a small detail that prevents the rvmats to work properly. But I'm sure it can be done in the config.

Thats how it was in the first release for arma,but when it got ported over to ArmaII they wouldn't show.I have no idea why.the only way that worked for me was to add them manually to the tracked pbo(unless I'm missing the obvious???)

Edited by 343rdBadger

Hi guys !

Dear 343rdBadger !

I had to install your Russian Armor Pack. I have the same, and plus more troubles wit it like the other members.

Here is the list :

- At game start comes an error window : "smurfc_era 102 requires extended_eventhandlers"

-There is no BTRT in the editor (did you mean "BTRs" in Armaholic download page ???)

-There is no playable T-72/T-80/T-90s in the editor and there is an error message saying "no entry bin/config.bin/CFGvehicles/smurfcT90ERAwd/TURRETS/MainTurret.PrimaryGunner

- Driver cannot see out from BTRs because there is a white screen in the windows.

It will be a great pack anyway ! Really Appriciated !