Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

Kuznetsov CV

@Gnat,

Hey, will you ever retexture the Carrier? Seems a bit on the dark side in its original format. Your Su-33 can use some updates you added to your other planes, like an opening canopy. Folding wings would also be a nice upgrade. Seeing as the Nimitz and Meatball's F-18 is comming along quite nicely, the Kuznetsov and the SU-33's need to get ready....LOL

I think the PLA VME owes you some free textures anyway.... :)

Mando may need to add the Tug into the MMA Rearm vehicles list.

Thanks again for all of your work on many projects through the years.

Edited by Pharohx

Seems a bit on the dark side in its original format. Your Su-33 can use some updates .... Seeing as the Nimitz and Meatball's F-18 is comming along quite nicely......

Trying to goad me into undating eh ? ;)

...... that wont work, I still have other projects in the que first :D

Ah, shat......

worth a try though.... LOL

Any of them naval? (the projects in the que)

At least you will get something, Towing tractor will be by default a rearming source for MMA, so just add some of them on the carrier's deck ;)

At least you will get something, Towing tractor will be by default a rearming source for MMA, so just add some of them on the carrier's deck ;)

Nice one mate !

See... I knew a big mouth would come in handy... LOL

Thanks Mando,.... for everything!

Hello there. I know I am digging up an old thread here, but I've been searching both the forums and the news site for some kind of template mission for this addon. Does one exist and can someone point me in the right direction???

Gnat are you going to port Admiral Kuznetsov, su-33, ka-27 to ArmA3? Since both maps are Islands and there is diving I think navy could play a big role in A3.

Sorry did not notice the previous question. Sorry

Hey Gnat sorry to bring this up. But now with ARMA3 do you think you will be doing some improvement to this great addon and release it? Thank you sir!

There's some interesting stuff coming out of the woodwork in Arma 3 modding so far thanks to mankyle's findings which may well prove useful if Gnat chooses to port the Kuznetsov-class CV or grants permission for someone else to do so, i.e. being able to put:

waterPPInVehicle = 0;

into the vessel's config.cpp, then "Voila and no water in the cargo space", but as importantly and probably even moreso,

. :D

That video's for Swedish Forces Pack, but here is mankyle's write-up on getting moving-vessel "carrier" capability in Arma 3.

ArmA3 ? : Once past Beta, some proper tools are available and better "carrier" info is available

All of those are solid reasons to hold off on public release of an A3-native version, but I hope that you have no objection if I post any further A3 "carrier" information that I believe may be pertinent to assisting that (once tools are to your satisfaction)?

No problem, just avoid creating what might look like spam. Cheers

Sounds like a plan, thanks Gnat! I'm also looking at German Armed Forces Mod (GAFM) for A3 to see if they do in fact also achieve both driveable and walkable moving ships.

Gnat;1665244']

@wika_woo

You obviously didn't try.

For Position 1
_shipbit = nearestobject [PLAYER, "TAKR_F2"]
_shipbit animate ["blast1a",1]

For Position 2
_shipbit = nearestobject [PLAYER, "TAKR_F1"]
_shipbit animate ["blast2a",1]

For Position 3
_shipbit = nearestobject [PLAYER, "TAKR_F1"]
_shipbit animate ["blast3a",1]

Where do I have to put the code?

I tried it to put it into the init.sqf and the carrier's init.

Thanks for answering!

I put this mod alongaside the USS Nimitz, HMS Queen Elizabeth and CVN Ulyanogorsk! Much aircraft carrier! :cool: Gnat, will you continue to work on ARMA 2 or move into ARMA 3?

I put this mod alongaside the USS Nimitz, HMS Queen Elizabeth and CVN Ulyanogorsk! Much aircraft carrier! :cool: Gnat, will you continue to work on ARMA 2 or move into ARMA 3?
You forgot Charles de Gaulle (R91)! :D