Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

It seemed to work fine for me. I haven't tried this in OA but I did with A2 v1.07. I'm sure he will address it more when he gets time to test v1.07.

Ditto!

any nice dude can confirm is this works under OA?

zeu_cfg_core_ai_skills.pbo (and .bisign) works nicely with OA - don't forget to configure your new profile!

I've had no problem using the existing versions with 1.07.71750.

I am working on improving this.

Protegimus

They seem to work fine. Unless I'm wrong here, if it worked with the most recent A2 patch then it will work for OA. I thought I read somewhere that a dev said the AI is no different in the latest A2 patch and OA. I could be mistaken though.

Is it possible to improve AI in OA so that they will actively take cover in the buildings?

Is it possible to improve AI in OA so that they will actively take cover in the buildings?

I think the AI is the same in OA and the most recent A2 patch. So unless it's possible with the new patch, I doubt it will be possible in OA. Unless of course it is and he's all ready figured something out.

I tested Laser Show mission both with vanilla OA and Zeus AI.

In vanilla OA your guys seem to eager to rush forward and die, while enemy AI sees at night too well sometimes

In OA with Zeus AI your guys now proceeded much more carefully, while I've seen that enemy AI was running into the buildings to hide from fire and was generally more careful too while not seeing just as good as in vanilla. A better experience although not without strange things. F.e. enemy AI just ran out 10 meters in front of the squad member with squad member not noticing him for 5 seconds.

I tested Laser Show mission both with vanilla OA and Zeus AI.

In vanilla OA your guys seem to eager to rush forward and die, while enemy AI sees at night too well sometimes

In OA with Zeus AI your guys now proceeded much more carefully, while I've seen that enemy AI was running into the buildings to hide from fire and was generally more careful too while not seeing just as good as in vanilla. A better experience although not without strange things. F.e. enemy AI just ran out 10 meters in front of the squad member with squad member not noticing him for 5 seconds.

Thanks for the info. That's pretty much what I just saw as well. It still seems to make the game better, excellent.

I've got a script that does precisely this, however I have no idea how to turn it into a module, I'd love to do so though

I looked and cant find, but for the update do I just add the new pbo's to the already existing zcommon_ace mod folder? or do I have to delete any previous zeus pbo's and only use the updated ones?

Have anyone tried Zeus AI with Jackal SP mission and had crashes?

Sure - I should be able to get a build out in the next few days.

thearies: interesting ideas and although not really the focus of what I'm working on/developing at present, maybe one for the future.

lwlooz recently built something with related features for High Command to specifically improve movement of AI under the control of a human player. I can't speak for him of course, but you might run the idea past him.

galz: Thanks for the feedback mate, I'll definitely monitor that. It's still relatively early days since the update and I'm seeing some positive improvements during combat so I won't make any immediate change. If the tendency is more than an occasional random crawling a half marathon then I'll relax the configuration.

Protegimus

Protegimus: a few weeks ago you mentioned that you were going to release a non-ACE version. Did I miss something? Or did the 1.07 patch bork your build?

domokun: yes mate, I'm working on it.

Given the recent changes and updates, I decided to spend some time with the new version rather than release what I had already done.

I received this question via PM and think it is more useful to answer it here in the forum:

Hello!

I play OA Standalone can you have a look on this Errormessages please.

Do you make for OA Standalone a new Zeus?

http://rapidshare.com/files/405901273/Zeus.rar.html

Regards Mike

OA isn't supported yet, but you can use zeu_cfg_core_ai_skills.pbo (and zeu_cfg_core_ai_skills.pbo.ZEU.bisign) from the non-ACE version to good effect with OA.

Protegimus

Edited by Protegimus
zeu_c_anims_weaponsway.pbo compatibility is with ArmA 2 only

Cheers m8 I appreciate the update.

Let us know if and when you know anything certain.

In the meantime, chin up!

I notice the latest OA beta has introduced detection of light sources, wondered how this might fair with this now introduced (with the stealth detection side of things) ?

OA isn't supported yet, but you can use zeu_cfg_core_ai_skills.pbo (and zeu_cfg_core_ai_skills.pbo.ZEU.bisign) from the non-ACE version to good effect with OA.

zeu_c_anims_weaponsway.pbo & .bisign also works well.

Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills is a must-have mod for me.

I hope you are able to release an update for OA, and thanks for your efforts thus far - it has made ArmA2 much more enjoyable for me.

I don't have any issues with it using it on OA, although I do have Combined Ops, I don't know about OA standalone.

just tested on "Hills" and "lasershow" scenarios without any issues :)

I wonder if it makes "open season" harder though, since the AA might engage you even if you keep out of the red marked area?

Been playing with ZEUS A.I. (non ace) on Combined Operations since day 1. Not a single problem. I even caught some of them hiding out in houses on very rare occasions.

Yeah, the "take building position" seems to be pretty rarely used by zeus AI. But then again if a mission maker wants AI in buildings he can either place them there or use USPMON with FORTIFY.

Ok. So Zeus works with A2/OA combined Ops....Than? Great. I'm thinking of trying this addon/mod -

Is it simple to install? Does it convert both the base game as well as any editor created SP missions / games?

Thanks