Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

Question: Can the AI still aim/Target through trees ,bushes,houses,mountains...

(xxNAMExx): Nonsense

Could u e so kind and post a source for your statement?

Ontopic:

Is this mod still in progress, means are ya still working on it?

Nephris1: There are one or two things that I'm thinking about, but they are mainly longer term additions.

GiorgyGR: do you have a repro mission and does the same thing happen in ArmA 2 without Zeus AI?

Re. off topic discussion - better to raise it on the bugtracker.

Protegimus

@Nephris http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6934 (8th question from the "end" and up)

@Protegimus

Sorry m8 ..no

TBH after my 1st post here..and what other guyz said,i m convinced that

is Vanilla-root problem after all.

If it is possible to do some "extra adjustments" about this matter in future,

i think the community will be happy.

ZEUS AI+ACE with:

skillEnemy=0.89999998;

precisionEnemy=0.2;

IS EPIC , for the FIRST TIME i could fight in CLOSE COMBAT in Arma 2.

ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE !!!!! :)

I am having some issues, I have been using this in the group leader's init line.

{_x setSkill ["aimingAccuracy", 0.1]; _x setSkill ["aimingShake", 0.1]} forEach units group this;

To reduce the accuracy of AI, especially for untrained militia fighters. Now when using Zeus, it seems as it ignoring this line.

Any suggestions?

@Protegimus

I have started using DAC 3.0 for my missions. Is there anything special I need to do to make sure Zeus AI works correctly with it. I ask this because of the skill settings in the DAC_Config_behaviors.sqf. DAC will randomize the skill levels of what it spawns based on the settings in the behaviors.sqf. I have made the skill settings in the behavior.sqf the same as what I use in my arma2profile.

Nomadd

Some small changes that provide good improvements for the AI in version 0.04e (12.06.2010):

Improved: CfgAiSkill array update to reduce likelyhood of injured AI continuing

an attack and generally improve self-preservation

Improved: AI ability to use lower profile stances and mobility while prone

(thanks Solus)

Improved: AI formation in combat, reduction in AI friendly fire when in

compact column formation and improves firepower facing an enemy

The last point provides a noticeable reduction in friendly fire caused by the AI and fixes an annoying problem, as reported by HyperU2 and others.

The updated version for ACE is available from the Armaholic mirror, link in the first post.

Nomadd: I haven't used DAC 3.0, however I expect the two will work fine together. Is the value you set in behaviors.sqf a seed for the random generated value or is DAC doing setSkill stuff?

If the former, I'd probably leave the skill at the default 0.5 as in the editor.

usarmy19dsniper: Assuming everything is correct in the code, I would expect it to work as normal - so far as I know the scripted values will take precendence.

Protegimus

Edited by Protegimus
Added download link

Looking forward to the ACE version, thank you!

great, thanks protegimus

zeus ai is for me the most important feature. BIS said that they have no intention for futher AI improvement then the latest beta patch, so protegimus and solus are my (our) hope ; )

my question:

is it pssible to integrate new orders for the behaviour between apc´s/tank´s and soldiers like:

that the apc allways stay in range of the squad, team etc. and do not drive away to fight the enemy, don´t drive into small streets... even the soldiers should stay in range with apc for safety of heavy firesupport

so possible orders:

1. apc and soldiers moves together and have small range to search, interact etc.

2. apc and soldiers moves together and have medium range...

3. apc and soldiers moves together have long range...

4. apc hold soldiers have small range

5. apc hold soldiers have medium range

6. apc hold soldiers have long range

i thought that could be interesting for tactical movement like in real life

... is that possible ???

greetings thearies

I like the prone change, but I think you need to tune it down a bit, as I've seen AI try to crawl on what seemed to be an unreasonable distance for the situation he was in.

Any chance of getting this lovely thing on the Six updater network?

Protegimus: thanks for the update. Will you also update the non-ACE version?

Protegimus: thanks for the update. Will you also update the non-ACE version?

Sure - I should be able to get a build out in the next few days.

thearies: interesting ideas and although not really the focus of what I'm working on/developing at present, maybe one for the future.

lwlooz recently built something with related features for High Command to specifically improve movement of AI under the control of a human player. I can't speak for him of course, but you might run the idea past him.

galz: Thanks for the feedback mate, I'll definitely monitor that. It's still relatively early days since the update and I'm seeing some positive improvements during combat so I won't make any immediate change. If the tendency is more than an occasional random crawling a half marathon then I'll relax the configuration.

Protegimus

Edited by Protegimus

New beta 71726 seems to offer AI improvements, nothing in the change log so I want to spend some time with it before releasing an update for Zeus AI.

Protegimus

Anybody try this with the new patch 1.07?

Edited by 1in1class
need

I too would like word of this and 1.07, considering the AI changes in the patch. I really don't want to lose Zeus's.

Anybody try this with the new patch 1.07?

It seemed to work fine for me. I haven't tried this in OA but I did with A2 v1.07. I'm sure he will address it more when he gets time to test v1.07.