Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

Zeus AI does improve friendly controlled AI but you need to run the addon client side.

Not sure, but this might be something...

Each soldier should have another viewing range, like a Scout Spotter sniper should have Long range sightings, and the rest some less sighting range depends on his gear of course

That could make a difference lol...? but go see to find the settings in the scripts for that..

Dunno if possible, but it would make some sense, as the Sighting range should depend on what Unit and what gear is used.... not sure if thats possible ? but that would be like the real thing :) Sighting range depends on the gear and! of course the Expertise

Of a Trained soldier that knows where and how to look.....

Especially sniper's and marksman... they should get Long range settings

a rifle man should have the shortest sighting range he is more the guy

To go clean up buildings and towns...

but hey, Arma is getting realistic enough already heheheheh i love it ....

Good work anyway, busy checking it out, i like the AI even more now...

BUT that medic is not doing his job...like the tune 911 is a joke in your town!!!

(Public enemy) LMAO should get that tune in the MEDEVAC Radio whoehahahahaha

ok ok , cool of now, i go kick some, testing the thing.....

Thanks to touristo's observations, I've fixed a bug in the zeu_cfg_core_ai_sensors module that caused AI to have too sensitive hearing, which was the cause of the player not being able to carry out covert attacks.

Note this did not affect the ACE2 version.

The updated version 1.04b of Zeus AI Combat Skills for ArmA II is available via the Yoma Addon Sync repository. The Auto config URL is:

http://www.computerrepair.uk.net/updater/ArmA2-repo.7z

Protegimus

Note this did not affect the ACE2 version.

I'm pretty sure that's what he means. Only a guess.

Sometimes I think they still have have extra-super hearing but other times everything is perfect. This probably has something to do with me and not the Mod though. ;)

Another thing I've noticed with the mod is that AI stopped having X-Ray vision. I had a chance to see it in yesterday's coop when I and another guy were flanking around the enemy by crawling through the grass. Enemies were providing suppression fire from the town and some managed to flank us from behind. So I was covering back when I saw a guy standing there just less than 100m away, shooting at our last known position, while our cover was only lots of grass. Pretty sweet.

Yes the new version is a lot better. (Talking about the ACE2 version) Seems its possible to sneak the enemy again. Started to use it again. Will test it more and report back.

Yes the new version is a lot better. (Talking about the ACE2 version) Seems its possible to sneak the enemy again. Started to use it again. Will test it more and report back.

Are you referring to the 1.04b release ? Because unless i'm mistaken there is no ACE version for the 1.04b release.

Are you referring to the 1.04b release ? Because unless i'm mistaken there is no ACE version for the 1.04b release.

0.04b is for ACE2

How hard is it to CODE/Script NEW actions for AI?

Let say i whant the AI MachineGunner to fire in a certain direction.

And use 2 Mags controled/(3-4 shots per aim) fire..

Order EX:

F2, Press M, 6 action "Contr Fire" "Option Mags 2" klick at map have two points maybe between two

trees, then 3-1. 3Fire mode 1Open fire..

I am wondering whether it's GL4 + Zeus AI or just my perception that AI running with these 2 mods together do not response well with the regrouping command or any other "move" command for that matter in comparing with running them individually. If both the mods are run together, the AI seems be very cautious of their surroundings and tends to stop more to observe for enemy.

I have read around that GL4 and Zeus AI is both compatible with each other. Have anyone else experienced these or is there any config that I need to adjust?

Thanks guys...

When your units think it's dangerous they get forced into the "Combat" mode. You can't do anything about it as it's hardcoded afaik. That it happened more often for you with Zeus and GL4 is probably just a coincidence because for me no matter which mod I use the AI is never responsive when there are enemies around equally.

When your units think it's dangerous they get forced into the "Combat" mode. You can't do anything about it as it's hardcoded afaik. That it happened more often for you with Zeus and GL4 is probably just a coincidence because for me no matter which mod I use the AI is never responsive when there are enemies around equally.

I disagree, it is happening even when all enemies are cleared out, If I use GL4 alone or Zeus alone, they will response to regrouping command quite fast and effective (in comparison to GL4+Zeus). Yes for units that are engaged in enemy firefights or thinks that enemy is around will take abit more time to regroup but not as a whole group. As in my case, they tends to look around and run around in loops and seems to be wandering around.

If everyone seems to be having the same thing I guess i can live with GL4 OR Zeus alone rather than having them both... though the thoughts of having the best of both seems extremely desirable....:D

Does the accuracy value really have that much of an effect? I haven't notice much difference between a Zeus AI server set to default skill on expert (skill=1 precision=1 afaik) to the Zeus server which I suppose runs the recommended settings. They still seem to miss just fine with precision of 1?

Being an idiot, I would like to ask, how do you use this to test for editor? How do I put units with zeus addon? Is there any scripting needed? If yes, how?

people wishing to play on the zeus server please note

this addon uses the modfodler @zcommon

this is NOT the full @zcommon addon collection, you will still need to download

the rest of it via the yoma addon sync tool.

there has been a few people people joining the server of late with zcommon and getting kicked for not having islands etc.

Being an idiot, I would like to ask, how do you use this to test for editor? How do I put units with zeus addon? Is there any scripting needed? If yes, how?

Having the addon loaded, eg via a mod folder automatically runs them using the addon. The addon itself reconfigures the settings, overwriting BIS values

Edited by Terox

Having the addon loaded, eg via a mod folder automatically runs them using the addon. The addon itself reconfigures the settings, overwriting BIS values

In other words, you don't need to do anything, all AI will be changed in all missions, whether they were made with Zeus AI or not, so just download/make whatever mission as you would normally and play it with the addon running and it'll work as intended.

I'm still noticing some very low accuracy by the AI at longer ranges (100-300 meters). We were engaging a very large force of AI with AK-47s, AK-74s and AK-74 PSOs and they barely hit us as we slowly killed them 1 by 1, while we were armed with just aimpoint HKs and ironsight M4A1s and M249s. It's just too easy to fight against Zeus AI when the ranges are long enough so that they miss yet not too long so that you can actually see them.

Or is it just the AK being crap? Maybe I'll give it another try when arming all enemies with M4A1s and HKs, though I doubt their config values are extremely different than the AK-74s?

I have noticed certain bugs with choppers landing. If the pilot thinks it's dangerous to land he will move the chopper a bit away and will just hang there. Even though nobody fired a single shot at him and there is no real danger.

This doesn't happen in vanilla and already broke a few Zeus coop missions.

Maybe it has something to do with the extra detection, so that he detects enemies he wouldn't detect without Zeus AI. Overall I would avoid trusting AI to land helicopters.

I'm still noticing some very low accuracy by the AI at longer ranges (100-300 meters) ... It's just too easy to fight against Zeus AI when the ranges are long enough so that they miss yet not too long so that you can actually see them.

It's certainly worth testing with/without ACE2 to see where the problem lies.

Zeus AI have inherently better shooting accuracy than with ACE2 alone, but it is tempered with a more usual level of weapon sway for the AI.

When using ACE2 there are a host of other factors to take into account, especially what appears to be a greater level of dispersion than is accurate.

Protegimus

I just tested zeus with ace, and i didnt see any diffrence in the attacking range.

I play on UTES, with viewing distance on 4000 and very good weather.

Placing some enemy units on the hill east of the runway, looking to the west on the runway.

My squad (i am not leader) is running from runway to the east into the enemy. normally the firefight starts at like 300!!! meters.

i hoped to have firefights already around 500 meters, but they are just running and running, and the enemy is just watching and doing nothing.

I changed my profile with the skill and accuracy as its in zeus readme already.

this are my addons. (dont worry, i really called it @zeus)

@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@CSM2;@zeus;@MMA;@MMA_XEH;@TR;@jtd;@particles;@helmland;

*edit*

just tested with a hmmvw driving with our group and they spot us on like 500m. but isnt it possible to spot like 15man anyway on this range, even without a car?

Whats wrong here? please help

Edited by KrAziKilla