Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

One of the enemy npc's was walking on a meadow while my team was sneaking around. My first gunman opened fire and the npc was trying to run into cover, but on an big meadow, there is no cover. So he was running around and finaly laying down somewhere. My stupid team was not able to get him down anyways^^ So at least this is an nice idea which brings some more movement into the game. It was always a bit disturbing to see the npc's laying around, doing nothing else than camping. I have to say, I never used Zeus AI in past, I though this should make the game harder or something and I thought its already hard enough.

Now I was playing an 2 hours mission with some npc's on my team while other teams around us attaked several positions. The firefights are so awesome, every where someone is shooting, grenade exploding all over the place! So this addon is nice I guess. I playing with the Test Version.

Keep it up, this is really good for me, corze I'm not an MP player and really like the new actings of the npc's.

Thanks alot.

Jarhead

Thanks for this life saving addon. Unfortunately, we in CiA stopped using it a long time ago since we identified that the AIs are moving very very slowly between waypoints when using Zeus AI. Can you tell if this is corrected by now?

Playing with the latest Zeus (without some pbos though) and 1.59

Don't see any problems of a sort. AI is pretty good and reactive.

To answer that question here's a video to show how Zeus AI acts together with 1.59 improvements:

Edited by metalcraze

I have an strange problem while playing Sec Ops (SOM) with AI in my team. We moving around and so on and after a while some or the whole team is still standing. They dont do anything at all, just standing around. And they don't react on any radio comands. Then they make a turn, standing, turn, standing. Than I drive with the car as close as possible to them, so after 30 second or so they get in. After disembark they standing around again don't doing anything.

Did anyone can help with that`?

Jarhead

Are you using the latest version of Zeus or the one from 5th october that is present on Armaholic?

Because the one from 5th october is seriously bugged like that

Are you using the latest version of Zeus or the one from 5th october that is present on Armaholic?

Could you provide a link for the latest version? I looked at all of the ones on the first page and their all from August 2010.

yeah I had similar problems in a mission I made.

The squad leader would follow the waypoints, but the ai would just stand there or lay down, especially after hearing gun shots. Squad leader would be 200-300 meters ahead squatted down waiting for the squad to catch up I guess.

Sometimes the ai will even react as if I'm leading them when I'm just a part private, as in, a couple line up on me, and will slightly move or turn when I move.

I have an strange problem while playing Sec Ops (SOM) with AI in my team. We moving around and so on and after a while some or the whole team is still standing. They dont do anything at all, just standing around. And they don't react on any radio comands. Then they make a turn, standing, turn, standing. Than I drive with the car as close as possible to them, so after 30 second or so they get in. After disembark they standing around again don't doing anything.

Did anyone can help with that`?

Jarhead

Another Reason why I stoped using Zeus. I really don´t know if this has been fixed. I remember it beeing less present in the latest version, but it still occasionally came up

I think you had to delete a file or two to fix that, but I forget which ones :(

At least your problem sounds the same as what I had.

I used the link to the test version on the frontpage. Don't know which version, what date.

yeah I had similar problems in a mission I made.

The squad leader would follow the waypoints, but the ai would just stand there or lay down, especially after hearing gun shots. Squad leader would be 200-300 meters ahead squatted down waiting for the squad to catch up I guess.

Sometimes the ai will even react as if I'm leading them when I'm just a part private, as in, a couple line up on me, and will slightly move or turn when I move.

Exactly. Its totaly frustrating me after a while. Cause I play this SOM missions and this is really eating some time though. And than, when I'm totally focused in the mission, baammm, they stupid staying around^^

Well I try you link to Dev Heaven metalcraze. Thanks mate, gonna post if its working or not.

Jarhead

As said many times in here, if you use only the config tweaks and not the SLX based scripts, all works fine.

My advice keep these:

zeu_cfg_ammo.pbo

zeu_cfg_core_ai_skills.pbo

zeu_OA_c_ai_recognition.pbo

zeu_OA_c_ai_rof.pbo

zeu_OA_c_ammo.pbo

zeu_OA_c_RocketBallistics.pbo

Remove the rest.

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

Sry mate, should really take some time and READ next time^^ So, these named files are the one to KEEP or DELETE? To keep right?

Thanks mate,

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

Sry mate, should really take some time and READ next time^^ So, these named files are the one to KEEP or DELETE? To keep right?

Thanks mate,

Jarhead

you should also take the optional FOV.pbo , cause it limits the zoom, when you look through SBR Aimpoint for example. So there isn't that huuge zooming in from stock Arma2 :)

And yes..the pbo's above in pvp's post are the "good" ones

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

Oh, ok, thanks, so I delete ALL the others instead of these and I'm fine. Cool.

Gonna try this ;)

Thanks so far,

Jarhead

Maruk described some time ago the reason for that "zooming"

Bottomline is that when you zoom in with RMB it's how you indeed see that space IRL while unzoomed is the way for BIS to somewhat compensate for the lack of peripheral vision due to a limiting box that your monitor is.

I am still confused about what parts of this mod we can use with ACE. I have run into compatibilty issues of late. AI getting stuck etc. Can someone who uses the ACE and this together tell me what pbos they are using?:D

zeu_cfg_core_ai_skills

zeu_c_ai_skill

zeu_c_ai_rof

zeu_c_ai_recognition

zeu_ACE_c_wep_dispersion

And I got those from the ZEUS ACE link, of course.

There are some other beta .pbos which I don't use. If you want the AI to use smoke grenades, you'll need zeu_sys_ai

zeu_cfg_core_ai_skills

zeu_c_ai_skill

zeu_c_ai_rof

zeu_c_ai_recognition

zeu_ACE_c_wep_dispersion

And I got those from the ZEUS ACE link, of course.

There are some other beta .pbos which I don't use. If you want the AI to use smoke grenades, you'll need zeu_sys_ai

Are you having times in which your team seems to be stuck and not following orders with this set of PBOs?

Will this mod work with say invasion 1944 or FDF? or will the configs only affect vanilla units?

I just thought I post a few bits about this... Not sure if it's 1.59 or new Zeus that's doing it, but I'm seeing lots of interesting new behaviour from the AI. No other AI addons in use.

Just last night I saw a guys taking ammo off a dead colleague.

They do hand signals to each other.

They are much more keen to take to rooftops.

They are MUCH more aggressive.

Work much more as a squad (there's no more single guys suicide running at players)

They use cover much better, they peep/shoot/cover/peep/shoot.

They now attack empty enemy vehicles.

They steal enemy vehicles!

We stopped using Zeus to see if Zeus was the reason for Server Lag (it was not).

After Update to 1.59 we are still not using Zeus and the AI do these things without Zeus:

They do hand signals to each other.

They are much more keen to take to rooftops.

Work much more as a squad (there's no more single guys suicide running at players)

They use cover much better, they peep/shoot/cover/peep/shoot.

They now attack empty enemy vehicles.

Just so you know :)

Except without Zeus when AI comes under fire they just fight back from the same place.

With Zeus they rush for cover before shooting back.

Default AI with a medium skill is also unable to detect enemies at 300m and above in the desert, while Zeus extends that range up to more realistic ~800m

Edited by metalcraze

Zeus AI isn't the only thing that can tell AI to take rooftops. Some mission scripts (such as UPS/UPSMON) can do that as well.

And yes without Zeus AI they just fight back from the same place, and only move if you have another script in your mission telling them to. Of course that causes problems too, because if you engage an AI he will try to run instead of shoot back and THEN run, resulting in his sure death, especially if he doesn't have any cover nearby. So it's a good feature in principle, but needs some tweaking IMO.

And yes without Zeus AI they just fight back from the same place, and only move if you have another script in your mission telling them to.

How about a hold waypoint? ;)

Absolutely nothing short of a bullet in the legs will stop the beta Zeus AI from running around under fire. You can give a man a Hold waypoint, safely in cover, even write DoStop in his init line, and the bastard will still start sprinting to and fro the instant a bullet lands nearby.