Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

Eh? I don't use SLX, and it's not my mod I'm just mirroring it :confused:

I have finally figured out the true issue... and it is SLX it self. I had only started SLX and CBA for Extended Eventhandlers... and very soon had found that SLX was crashing because of a Extended Eventhandler library of functions mismatch. I will notify the creator of SLX about this issue, and possibly the creators of CBA. Sorry for the inconvenience, and for the false conclusion that you were the creator of Zeus AI. Thank you for your time!

One Question Protegimus: If I don´t want the AI comming to help their buddies I´m currently slaying and leaving their positions while doing so, do I just need to remove glx.pbo and netcode.pbo? What are thos two files exactly doing? Is this only the reinforcement feature or are they doing other stuff as well?

Well that turned out to be more than one question^^

@Tonci

As far as I know it is a modification of gl3, probably from slx and responsible only for the communication in between the different ai groups. At least for the time being.

Yes, remove netcode and glx.

Hi protegimus,

thank you a lot for continuos development of this outstanding addon, I use from long time and I complete agree with you about AI accuracy settings.

default value also without zeus are unreal and immersion of firefight is really lower!

I'm oraganizing a warfare tournament, and I plan to use zeus for all player

can you release a signed version with balanced spotting range

Redfor 1900

Bluefor 1900

Resistance 1400

Other 1400

so I will use that for tournament.

I suppose that is possible to tweak but I really prefer that you relase a signed default balanced for that purpose.

thank you in advance

and a little question what the optional addon does?

cheers

Rubber

Is there any way to leave GLX and netcode on but limit how far they chase you? We have choppers, vehicles and sometimes infantry moving multiple kilometers chasing either a chopper or people respawning.

I think Mi24's doing air attacks are broken with zues.

Example...

Thanks Animal! Really appreciate you keeping track of this...

Hey, whats that ACE_Dispersion? Does it change ACE dispersion or what? oô I dont really want to toy around with ACE guns that much...

@Protegimus

I'm pretty sure ZeusAI is allowing setCaptive units to engage and fire freely. I'll keep testing to make sure, but I ran across this in a mission where a "captive" unit had wasted all the enemies around him using a pistol :p

I seem to be having a problem with AI, the AI after leaving the danger mode back to safe seem to follow me in a line and not change formation. I have the latest update with the correct ACE files too.

I'm pretty sure ZeusAI is allowing setCaptive units to engage and fire freely.

According to this, it's the default behaviour and is intended.

I seem to be having a problem with AI, the AI after leaving the danger mode back to safe seem to follow me in a line and not change formation. I have the latest update with the correct ACE files too.

I have a similar problem with AI just not reacting to any orders until I save and load the game, and even then they can't follow a proper formation and instead they run around randomly, but still following me in the general direction that I am moving in.

Tested on Domination. They are calling troops from Sidemissions over 2km away and we have seen further to support when we have been taking a town and the reverse is true.

Also tested without GLX and netcode by para dropping into a city engaging and dying, respawning and waiting. I was attacked at the airfield later on by the troops from that town. ACE is running as well so I am not sure which is drawing troops away.

We usually play on a map that despawns troops if we leave the area, so I don't know if this is new, old or intended.

and instead they run around randomly, but still following me in the general direction that I am moving in.

If they seem to be moving in circles - the last beta patch fixed that.

If they seem to be moving in circles - the last beta patch fixed that.

Would that be 1.04b?

I really thank you for this Mod. It adds a lot of good stuff.

BUT there is one big flaw, i have to say. This mod breaks practically every stealth or sniper mission. I'm an experienced player and I have to say that those missions cannot be accomplished with your mod. I don't want to whine around here, just asking you to maybe look into this. thanks

Can someone please upload what Zeus they are using with ACE for the latest stable version of OA so I can see if that works.