Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

I've noticed in the version I'm using (zeu_SYS_ai.pbo last modified 12/4/2010) that when infantry are grouped with an IFV and placed in cargo at the start of the mission, the IFV crew will sometimes dismount with the infantry and engage the enemy on foot.

Obviously they'd be much safer and more effective if they continued to man the IFV to support the dismounts. :D

hmmm, run in to a bit of trouble trying to get this running on a dedicated server with verify signatures on.

The download doesn't contain server keyas for the asr files that are included in the dl.

Does that mean those files aren't used? or is it just a misshap?

Anyone got the serverkey for those files?

ohh, and merry christmas folks ;)

Hi, I have a pretty annoying bug I found with Zeus AI ACE.(Haven't tested with regular versions as I use ACE mostly all of the time). All AI placed without a move waypoint or something similar will seem to go into combat mode and walk around and climb ontop of the nearest thing or go inside the nearest building, if not near a building, they will walk all the way to the nearest building, this is seriously screwing up most of my missions I'm working on, but I can't live with out Zeus AI. :(

If you could please release a hot fix for this or tell me something to change in the config, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks

hmmm, run in to a bit of trouble trying to get this running on a dedicated server with verify signatures on.

The download doesn't contain server keyas for the asr files that are included in the dl.

Does that mean those files aren't used? or is it just a misshap?

Anyone got the serverkey for those files?

ohh, and merry christmas folks ;)

I see the key on YAS in @zcommon\keys

Alternatively grab it from OFPEC

Merry Christmas !

Hi, I have a pretty annoying bug I found with Zeus AI ACE.(Haven't tested with regular versions as I use ACE mostly all of the time). All AI placed without a move waypoint or something similar will seem to go into combat mode and walk around and climb ontop of the nearest thing or go inside the nearest building, if not near a building, they will walk all the way to the nearest building, this is seriously screwing up most of my missions I'm working on, but I can't live with out Zeus AI. :(

If you could please release a hot fix for this or tell me something to change in the config, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Remove the GLx PBO.

Hi!! I have problem using ZeusAi with new BE Warfare 2.066, after some time, when one more town was captured, they just stop and do nothing when they supposed to advance to next town. But before this i used your mod without issues, can you make it compatible again?

Im using test version for CO and OA.

I just checked the AI-ignoring-hold-fire issue with Zeus AI from Oct 5th and while it's still there it is there to a much lesser degree. MGs don't engage enemies right away, just reporting that they have eyes on contact instead, but they do engage them from a closer distance (which is 100-120m which is still quite too much)

When I placed a recon member armed with M4A1 however we were able to get in as close as 20 meters and not further just because the enemy spotted us. So, Protegimus maybe you will check out the differences between that version and this one to see where the issue might be? It's 100% related to zeu_sys_ai

Edited by metalcraze

IMO it's a real problem that Zeus AI totally takes the control of the AI out of the mission maker's hands. All those features are nice, but only as long as they would save the original commands, so if I script an AI to doMove somewhere, I should count on Zeus AI to make him eventually get there 1 way or another (it's cool if on the way he goes through cover positions or makes a little detour, but in the end he should reach where he was sent), or die trying. He shouldn't just go back into formation or take a different position.

IMO it's a real problem that Zeus AI totally takes the control of the AI out of the mission maker's hands.

I agree. As cool as some of these newer features are, we're slowly losing compatibility with our missions. On the other hand, it's their mod, and they develop it using their own time and effort - we can't really complain. The best we can do is revert to an older version.

I can't find the latest version (0.02b) anywhere. Going to teamspeak.zeus-community.net just comes up with links to two RPT files and nothing else. I also took a look on AnimalMother's page but it doesn't look like he has updated it to the latest version yet.

Great mod but seriously, it's a nightmare to keep updated.

I think I did some kind of a fix to the issue with AI ignoring "hold fire" order.

What I did is basically commenting out the "_unit2 doFire (vehicle _dgcausedBy);" line from FireAtEnemy.sqf. Now when AI is under hold fire command it behaves exactly like BIS' one (apart from doing Zeus manouevres of course) not firing at the enemy, yet still fires just fine without the 'hold fire' order.

Now I need to test and see if there is anything badly affected but an input from Protegimus about what that line affects would be nice (and if commenting it out causes any scripts to break)

yo what ?

Look at Munger's post. We get different results from that link.

Edit: removed image from quote. Amazed no asshole moderator has banned for two weeks yet.

Edited by maturin

There is some issue in zeu_OA_c_RocketBallistics.pbo that prevents Apache AI gunners from firing Hydras.

Tested with the latest beta and no other mods, not even other pbos from Zeus. Just this one.

EDIT: Fixed by changing InitSpeed of FFAR ammo in the pbo's config to anything but 0.

Edited by metalcraze

Version 0.02c is available for download from the TS3 server:

teamspeak.zeus-community.net:9987

Channel: Support & File Repository

for graphical instructions, go here thanks Rabbit!

Version numbers and fixes are in the readme Changelog section (also reproduced below), together with instructions, including instructions on what to do for ACE.

Fixes/improvements:

- version 0.02c (27.12.2010): Changed: re-inforcement ranges for each

faction are reduced to prevent all enemy forces being sucked in to the

first contact:

East: 2000m

West: 2500m

Resistance: 1400m

others: 1000m

Improved: AI will now only use small boats for transport, not ships

Improved: Rating for helicopters is now more granular, attack helicopters are

treated differently to transport choppers

Improved: information sharing is less efficient between AI groups, variation

added for how long it can take and how likely it is to succeed

Fixed: helicopters that are transporting troops will no longer attack enemy

Fixed: zeu_OA_c_ai_rof.pbo - attack helicopters not engaging targets

Fixed: zeu_OA_c_RocketBallistics.pbo - AH-64D not firing FFAR (FFAR

initSpeed must be 0.05 or greater)

From that we also kill one from the known issues list:

10.12.2010 UGLY58: Helicopter crews engage ground targets irrespective of

what type of helicopter they are in, ref.

BIS help us again with patch 1.57:

[76747] Fixed: doFire did not work on most targets

CQB should see an improvement due to this and it should be obvious on the Utes airport test (maturin).

metalcraze: very timely information regarding the FFAR's, you must have realised I was looking at the helicopter stuff, so thanks for that.

While it was

testing this one thing seems clear -

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAWVK4ofPQo&hl=en_GB&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAWVK4ofPQo&hl=en_GB&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

default AI don't select ordnance according to the type of target they are attacking...one more for the wish list.

Protegimus

Edited by Protegimus
Added: TS3 graphical instructions link

YOu mean for example tanks that shoot Sabot Rounds at Infrantry?

Looking forward to using the latest version :) however, I installed TS3 just now (not used it before) but I can't see anything to download in the Support & File Repository channel. I see links to other stuff, but nothing in the way of Zeus addon downloads.

*edit*

Thanks for the help :) sorry I didn't have my headphones on :)

Edited by DMarkwick

@Protegimus

Thanks for the update!

But in the future, can you make a the filename with the respective name like "zeus_ai_0.02c.rar" or something.

Just so I know it's the right one.

Please?

Protegimus what about that doFire command in FireAtEnemy that when commenting it out gives AI the default behaviour when Hold Fire is issued and fixes that problem while it does not seem to be affecting anything else?

Also there is a certain problem with tanks that I think needs to be looked into. Basically when I want tanks to move somewhere in, say Fallujah, to block the street or some other area by giving a simple "MoveTo" waypoint in the editor - as soon as they spot an enemy they try to move for cover instead of staying there, facing an enemy - often exposing their rear to an enemy while doing so and thus getting blowed up, not mentioning that they don't do what I intend them to do. Is there a way to disable tanks and apcs running for cover?

YOu mean for example tanks that shoot Sabot Rounds at Infrantry?

I shoot them at infantry too when they are, unfortunately for themselves, are grouped :o

Well especially when you use ACE Sabot Rounds won´t do much damage to infrantry at all. The Round will hit the ground and bounce of, thats all. A Fragmentation Round will annihilate the whole squad...

Fixes/improvements:

- version 0.02c (27.12.2010): Changed: re-inforcement ranges for each

faction are reduced to prevent all enemy forces being sucked in to the

first contact:

East: 2000m

West: 2500m

Resistance: 1400m

others: 1000m

Prot, you realize that not letting the mission maker have any control of those things completely breaks a lot of missions? IMO this needs to be default 0 and have a variable that a mission maker can set to change it to whatever he wants for each faction. Ex, if I do nothing this will be disabled, and if I run ZEU_ReinforcementRange_East=500; somewhere, then it will be enabled with 500m distance.

Right now this results in all enemies abandoning all their defensive positions and attacking the players without any ability of the mission maker to stop it from happening. For example if there are many AI defending the main objective and a few defending some secondary unimportant objective, attacking the secondary unimportant objective will make all the AI abandon the main objective leaving it open to attacks. And besides, often AI do much better sitting in static positions than at attacking the players, and currently it seems like there is no real way to make them do that.

I really like Zeus AI, but this lack of control results in every mission turning into a "find a good spot and sit there until all attacking AI are dead".

I agree with Galzohar. Those distances are just all too huge. But as I take it that's related only to GLx pbo which I don't play with because I don't seem to remember if that happened to me without GLx.

I will agree with him on another point as well. In a last month or two Zeus AI started to take more and more control from the player/mission maker which does more harm than good.

And there is another issue I found that is related to zeu_cfg_core_ai_skills

AI in certain vehicles unrealisticly detects an enemy.

This can be easily seen in Death From Above mission. When your chopper comes to the first objective your gunner almost immediately reports 2 AAs 2kms away although on the radar they are shown as unknown objects at best (if they are being shown at all). You can't get a lock on them with your missile at all too. Yet your gunner is better than the radar at detecting them? What doesn't help is that your gunner is unable to target them either. And don't even try to fire your missile there.

Then when you try to sneak the ULB in it will always get shot at by tanks and will be blown out of the sky by AA missile. Considering that the distance to those tanks is about 1km and it's nearly pitch black outside - isn't it all too unrealistic?

I think the latter part is also related to ai recognition pbo. Because none of these issues are there when I remove core AI skills and recognition pbos from zeus folder.