Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

i tried to use the CSM2OA, and i got the clientside config error. i noticed you said i need the folder from the csm3_104i.7z, where can i find that or where can i find the user config folder anywhere???
Seeing as this isn't about Zeus, I'll take this to a PM :)

Protegimus, about the freezing that's been mentioned:

I just ran a benchmark mission and my game stopped moving (frozen screen, looping whatever ambient sound was playing at the time) for so long that I was sure it had crazed. Perhaps 20 seconds. I minimized the game and the task manager told me that Arma 2 was Not Responding. Then it changed back to Running before my eyes, and the mission started moving again when I switched back to the game. As if nothing had happened.

When I disabled all your new .pbos, I was able to play without this happening, and retraced my steps in situations that caused it. (seemingly coincidentally, but still)

I have played a heck of a lot of Arma 2 and and quite a bit of OA now, and although I get stutters sometimes that act like a quick freeze, this is something quite different. I'm trying to isolate the problematic pbo as we speak.

Using the non-ace version, I was getting the freezes, until I got rid of the Zeus-GLx pbo. So I think that's the culprit.

I just had the same result.

Disabled GLx and Netcode, and a freeze-free mission.

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone would recommend or advise against using zeus in conjunction with upsmon script?

Also, have you guys tested Zeus on custom islands? I've been trying it on Lingor and got AI running around like headless chicken (felt almost like I was invisible).

AI tend to run around like headless chickens on all islands. Other than that, UPSMON+zeus AI seem to be fine when combined.

Thank you for the reply.

Are you saying then that close quarters combat is almost impossible on Arma? I'm not trying to troll; I'm just looking for something that will let me enjoy cqb and will have me on my toes while going against enemy AI. Thought zeus would do the job, but I can run circles around AI and go rambo against two fireteams.

Edit: I tried both Zeus and upsmon on Thirsk Winter island, and I get the impression that the enemy AI make fewer blunders without Zeus (e.g. they don't throw smoke while under direct fire). On the other hand they do seem to be looking for cover more actively when Zeus is on. Tough choice ;)

Anyways, I do appreciate the effort you guys are putting into this, and I look forward to any and all improvements!

Edited by GvsE

Version 0.02b is available for download from the TS3 server.

Version numbers and fixes are in the readme Changelog section, together with instructions, including instructions on what to do for ACE.

I've added a Known Issues section. Hopefully it will reduce the quantity of me two's that plague the forum.

Fixes/improvements:

- version 0.02b (19.12.2010): Fixed: AI missing radios causing loss of radio Tx

Fixed: Bad conversion: array

Error in expression <eader _tg) ) >500)

File x\zeu\addons\GLx\f\zeu_Travel.sqf, line 78

Thx for report AnimalMother

Improved: Error in expression <argetGroup))) == 0) then {

File x\zeu\addons\GLx\f\zeu_AlertedGroup.sqf, line 633

Improved: distance AI can call for reinforcement using radio is now dependent

on which faction they are a member of (placebo equipment variation)

neofit: AI vehicle gunners - is that with ACE?

I want to try and improve this aspect of the game too, telepathic vehicle gunners are no fun.

GvsE: you can use Zeus AI with upsmon, though there will be duplication of features and no doubt higher processor utilisation.

gatordev: I see the latest beta reportedly fixes the problem you reported with AI engaging captive soldiers:

[76733] Fixed: SetCaptive doesn't stop AI shooting at a unit/player (fix 2.0)

Looking forward to this one too:

[76747] Fixed: doFire did not work on most targets

as it should improve the situation with AI firing when moving which appears exacerbated with suppressFor.

Protegimus

gatordev: I see the latest beta reportedly fixes the problem you reported with AI engaging captive soldiers:

[76733] Fixed: SetCaptive doesn't stop AI shooting at a unit/player (fix 2.0)

Protegimus

Yes it does, and it seems to be working as expected now. Thanks for the follow up post, though. I appreciate your continued support and development of this great mod.

I'm using the following (Older) version of Zeus - And the AI seems to work wonderfully, flanking, looking for cover, etc..... Never (or hardly ever, ever) do they throw smoke. This version seems very good and I've always kept with it (without seeing the need to update).

ArmA II Zeus AI Combat Skills & AI Spotting modular release

Config parameters, tested & built with beta version: 1.05.69782

Author: India Kilo

Nah. As soon as I stop running he opens fire anyway.

I'm out of ideas about what may be causing the problem. I mean it's only AA2 CO 1.56 + CBA + Zeus and nothing else.

Here's the "mission" I use to test this

http://www.mediafire.com/?hrah8uuvbrqnvkv

Just give a ~-3-2 order after the start, run around the hangar to the enemy, keep moving to him till someone of you will call him out - then stop. Always ends the same for me.

P.S. which version of CBA do you use btw? I used 0.7.1 and now use 0.7.2

I have the same issue as you with regards to the hold fire command. I had been using Arma 2 CO 1.56, CBA 0.7.1, and Zeus 0.02a.

I tested on the editor disabling all other mods except Zeus and CBA, and had "autoreporting" disabled in difficulty setting, which keeps my own character from reporting enemy sightings unless you right click on the enemy. (the reason why this is done will be apparent later). I set up a similar scenario where me and my fireteam of ai squadmembers goes around a hangar building to approach a single enemy ai from his rear after issuing hold fire command. Here's what I observed from multiple tests:

The MG guy would always break hold fire by either firing at the enemy (in some cases hitting his own teammates in his eagerness to do so), or tossing a grenade then firing. The only time where he would obey hold fire, is if he was the first to sight and report the enemy contact (which was the reason for disabling autoreport). If someone else other than himself (another ai teammate, or player's character) sighted and reported the enemy first, he would not obey hold fire.

After more tests I also found that the machinegunners and automatic riflemen are not the only ones insubordinate to hold fire. The fireteam leader (not squad leader, as they're ok), the marksmen, and the snipers also suffer the same problem. It seems that other troop types are fine.

I'm not sure what the source of the problem is. The only thing I can do atm is to reluctantly disable Zeu_ai whenever I play SF type missions.

Edited by DillonAero

I'm not sure what the source of the problem is. The only thing I can do atm is to reluctantly disable Zeu_ai whenever I play SF type missions.

That's what I do too for now. However it doesn't help when you are playing an assault mission where you just need to get closer without firing.

Just noticed this breaks some stuff in UPSMON, for example if you use "fortify" parameter there, without Zeus AI all AI will go into buildings, while with Zeus AI some will end up going back into some kind of a formation out in the street for no good reason. It's like something in Zeus AI is overriding other scripting commands in some way, canceling the "move into buildings" commands that UPSMON is giving.

May want to do some more checks where Zeus AI collides with scripting AI in missions, with all the find cover and other stuff, you still want the AI to generally do what the mission maker is scripting them to do.

on thee interwebz ...

teamspeak.zeus-community.net

addon is in the file and support channel / file browser

That brings me to some .rpt logs for the server. And interestingly enough, it's the first link I've seen in response to many questions. Is Teamspeak a secret?

hmmm... cant´t find "Zeus AI Combat Skills v.0.02b" on ts3 ...support ???

:(

the competition, by its very inconvenient, incomprehensible, confusing, hidden, uncomfortable method of downloading this mod boldly takes the first place.

with the utmost respect for the developer and the complete lack of understanding of why hold such problems with references to mod and carefully concealed from the people, where to take updates

no offense pls :bounce3:

hmmm... cant´t find "Zeus AI Combat Skills v.0.02b" on ts3 ...support ???

:(

AnimalMother92 has latest Zeus stuff for download here, for those who can't fathom/stomach the need for Teamspeak:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/anm-missions/files

WeLl i have been using the Zeus addon for a whopping 3 days and I will say I have never had more fun with the game,

However the range in which the AI interact I believe is almost unrealistic and to be honest I am going to do a Jackal mission tonight because its one where the AI usuallly don't see you quickly if they now do it tells me that zeus wont work well with any type of secret night ops.

I will report my findings !!

Hey guys nice work with this mod. I’ve noticed that in recent versions the AI have a tendency to jump in nearby vehicles (friendly or unfriendly) and drive off. Is there a way to disable this at all as sometimes it’s not quite what you want in a mission?

What is the latest dl link for Zeus AI Combat Skills? First post for dl link is the one thats been out for an while now, whats the recent one for OA? Im lost with all the dl links on this mod.

Edited by 1in1class

That brings me to some .rpt logs for the server. And interestingly enough, it's the first link I've seen in response to many questions. Is Teamspeak a secret?

right click on the channel name and choose file browser

right click on the channel name and choose file browser

There are only two links, both reading "here," and they lead to the .rpts.