Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

metalcraze: post your shortcut Target: and Start in: details

Tested your mission - works fine.

I walked towards the enemy and paused on each join on the prefab concrete.

AI gunner did engage at about 60m when I ran instead of walking.

I'm using CBA version: 0.7.1

For those using ACE, can someone confirm whether the T-55 problem is fixed when zeu_OA_c_wep_dispersion.pbo is replaced with the ACE version

zeu_ACE_c_wep_dispersion.pbo?

Protegimus

Protegimus,

I've just tested this out and the issue doesn't appear for me (at least on our test server).

The test utilised the latest ACE updates (v1.7 pre RC), and Zeus AI.

I moved the zeu_ACE_c_wep_dispersion.pbo and .bisign from the 'ACE specific' folder to the main Zeus AI folder, and removed zeu_OA_c_wep_dispersion.pbo & the .bisign.

I didn't test but wanted to ask if I could keep both the zeu_OA_c_wep_dispersion.pbo & zeu_ACE_c_wep_dispersion.pbo (along with the .bisigns) within the main Zeus AI folder.

(In the event we run the server without ACE enabled e.g. running Warfare missions without ACE)?

These were the links I used

Zeus AI

I think that one is old now, as I used it and still have the radio bug.

And why are people even talking about Chammy's Sound Mod? :confused:

Must admit this thread has got a bit confusing over time, however after much reading of posts and readme files I think I'm about there.

I have Arma 2:CO and I use Zeus AI in conjunction with ACE. Based on this, would I be correct in stating that the Zeus files I need to use are as follows:

-zeu_sys_AI

-zeu_netcode

-zeu_FindCover

-zeu_GLx

-zeu_ACE_c_wep_dispersion

...and no others?

Thanks in advance for any clarification.

Must admit this thread has got a bit confusing over time, however after much reading of posts and readme files I think I'm about there.

I have Arma 2:CO and I use Zeus AI in conjunction with ACE. Based on this, would I be correct in stating that the Zeus files I need to use are as follows:

-zeu_sys_AI

-zeu_netcode

-zeu_FindCover

-zeu_GLx

-zeu_ACE_c_wep_dispersion

...and no others?

Thanks in advance for any clarification.

Same game setup as you, and I also use zeu_c_ai_recognition, zeu_c_ai_rof and zeu_c_ai_skill.

I think this is right, and that those are the older base Zeus files from before this beta process.

Thanks maturin and Animal. I wasn't sure if zeu_c_ai_recognition, zeu_c_ai_rof and zeu_c_ai_skill were needed as I thought ACE would already include configs for rate of fire etc, but I guess this is AI rate of fire, not actual weapon rate of fire.

Also, should I use one of the grenadier fix files? There seem to be two of them - one of Arma 2 and one for OA. Or are these no longer required?

No, ASR grenadier fix is included with ACE. Just to be clear, the rof/recognition/skill files are all from the old Zeus for ACE pack pre-OA.

Thanks so much for this Animal, and for hosting the files in an easy to get hold of manner. The Zeus/ACE combo you host still suffers from the radio bug. Is there any chance of getting hold of the fixed file/s that Protegimus is talking about? If so, thanks in advance! If not, thanks anyway :)

Thanks so much for this Animal, and for hosting the files in an easy to get hold of manner. The Zeus/ACE combo you host still suffers from the radio bug. Is there any chance of getting hold of the fixed file/s that Protegimus is talking about? If so, thanks in advance! If not, thanks anyway :)

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/anm-missions/files

Zeus/ACE pack updated w/ the new GLx files, gonna test it out now.

Can the "zeu_AIBypass" variable be added back again, and does this also prevent all the GL shenanigans like garrisoning houses if the mission maker already had the AI in garrisoned positions?

My friends and I have been playing ACE Takistan Domination lately with this mod (animalmother's version, though we haven't tried this newest one) and we found target towns to be rather empty, with empty UAZ's and static weapons everywhere.

The same sort of thing happens in other missions. We'll have a huge battle when taking the first objective, but then the other objectives are practically unguarded. It's like everyone on the map is drawn to the battle instead of staying where they are.

Is this updated GLx supposed to fix that? Has anyone else had this problem?

Apologies Animal, one more question if I may:

Since I am using Arma 2 + Combined Ops + ACE, should I use:

zeu_c_ai_rof

zeu_c_ai_recognition

Or:

zeu_OA_c_ai_rof

zeu_OA_c_ai_recognition

Realise this is getting tedious but as I said above, it's all somewhat confusing.

Thanks.

Apologies Animal, one more question if I may:

Since I am using Arma 2 + Combined Ops + ACE, should I use:

zeu_c_ai_rof

zeu_c_ai_recognition

Or:

zeu_OA_c_ai_rof

zeu_OA_c_ai_recognition

Realise this is getting tedious but as I said above, it's all somewhat confusing.

Thanks.

Don't use the "OA" files if you're using ACE for OA/CO.

You want the files from here http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8688

Protegimus: Remember that guy who was complaining about the game freezing for a few seconds?

I have begun to experience episodes where everything simply stops, sometimes for as much as five seconds, then the screen and sound start moving again as if nothing happened. My .rpt is pristine, but I'm beginning to suspect the new Zeus.

Also, have you you found that the new .pbos require more CPU power per AI?

Edited by maturin

Don't use the "OA" files if you're using ACE for OA/CO.

You want the files from here http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8688

???? that just confuse me even more. :rolleyes:

I thought the "OA" files where from the last Zeu_AI version. You know,the one we can grab from zeus teamspeack server?

So, if i understand correctly, we should not use the last version of Zeu_AI if we use ACE. Is that correct?

Edit: Ok i read again the zeu_ai *readme and well, it is clear enough but one question

Q. Does it work with ACE?

A. You can use the existing ACE ArmA 2 Zeus AI core skills with the following new modules to enjoy the dynamic AI features:

Is this refering to your armaholic link "Zeus AI Combat Skills & AI Spotting modular - ACE"?

The "new modules" are the ones from the Teamspeack server i presume?

zeu_sys_AI.pbo

zeu_sys_AI.pbo.ZEU_test.bisign

zeu_GLx.pbo

zeu_netcode.pbo

& FindCover required by zeu_sys_AI.pbo:

zeu_FindCover.pbo

zeu_FindCover.pbo.ZEU_test.bisign

zeu_sys_AI and zeu_FindCover require Extended Eventhandlers, so you

also need:

cba_extended_eventhandlers.pbo

cba_oa_main.pbo

& .bisign files

Really sorry for being slow here, but my english is not my first language, and i'm always convinced i misunderstood something....

Edited by RoME

Protegimus: Remember that guy who was complaining about the game freezing for a few seconds?

I have begun to experience episodes where everything simply stops, sometimes for as much as five seconds, then the screen and sound start moving again as if nothing happened. My .rpt is pristine, but I'm beginning to suspect the new Zeus.

Also, have you you found that the new .pbos require more CPU power per AI?

I actually noticed that too, no idea if it has anything to do with zeus AI though. And for me the freezes are more like 0.5-1 second.

@RoME

If you use ACE, you want these

zeusace-1.jpg

It's the OLD Zeus for ACE files PLUS the new sys AI, FindCover, ACE dispersion, GLx and netcode. And you need CBA of course.

That's why I put together a pack just for ACE users, so there's no need to move around and delete files.

Just click my sig and go to the files tab.

I actually noticed that too, no idea if it has anything to do with zeus AI though. And for me the freezes are more like 0.5-1 second.

True, most of mine are that short as well.

The thing is, I have had them, among other places, while flying a littlebird in the Armory. I'm not sure there were AI on the map, but I guess there could have been some left over from a challenge.

Yep, getting the same freezes myself but they last anything up to 30 seconds at a time. Even numlock etc stops working (no light on the keyboard when pressed) so I first assumed a proper lock up, but then as if by magic the game resumes as if nothing has happened. Really odd.

I can't be certain that it's caused by Zeus as I'm running a huge assortment of mods, including a complex combination of ACE, SLX and GL4 on top of Zeus, so it could be a pig to pin down root cause.

Ok then, you two. Let's pay attention and see if it happens within a decent timespan.

I'll test for it without mods and with only Zeus if it happens reliably.

These were the links I used

Zeus AI

CSM2OA

One of the CSM2OA links worked, can't remember which one. One thing I found after newb trial and error is that for stand alone OA, as well as placing your @CSM2OA folder in your C:\........\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ root directory, you also need to place the userconfig folder from the CSM2_104i.7z into C:\........\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ , as CSM2OA needs the file csm2_clientside_config_hpp inside that folder to work.

i tried to use the CSM2OA, and i got the clientside config error. i noticed you said i need the folder from the csm3_104i.7z, where can i find that or where can i find the user config folder anywhere???