Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

Perhaps Zeus AI changes the definition of Careless? (And justly so, as there is almost no point in placing a unit that behaves as stupidly as a Careless unit.)

Better to set it to Never Fire, and see if that works.

I have the following Zeus, as my mod - It seems to work fine - It is very hard to keep up with this Mod - In wondering if I have an updated version, if it is the right one, am I DL the right one (does Armaholic have the most updated??)

ArmA II Zeus AI Combat Skills

& AI Spotting modular release

Config parameters, tested & built with beta version: 1.05.69782

Is there any way to change AI turning speed? Currently it is possible to circle strafe around them and avoid getting shot completely if you're close enough, which makes one realize why they seem so bad at CQB (well, not the only reason, but another reason). A bit faster turning speed (so that they are more on-par with players) would go a long way.

OK, if i am just playing ARMA2 OA (standalone) where can i find the download that i need, the one under updated at the top of the first page? or at the bottom from the armaholic link??????????? please help, looking for the one most compatable

thanks, i noticed the one from your link is bigger like 117kb, while the one on the main page from armaholic is like 75kb. i noticed a few extra files between the one on the actual front page and the one from your link, the one from your link has a few extra files like zeu_glx... and zeu_collision, and zeu_netcode, whats the difference of having those?

ps. does animals version require cba?

Edited by A_Blunt_Rifle

Some of the PBOs need CBA, it's covered in the readme. The zeu_AI.7z is just a mirror for the latest build that Pro put on TS, I haven't touched any of those files. The ACE one is a modfolder set up with just the PBOs that OA ACE users need.

I hope Protegimus fixes the "hold fire" problem in the new version.

It really breaks some missions where you need to sneak past someone or get close to the target.

Edited by metalcraze

There is a test build of zeu_GLx.pbo on the TS3 server that should resolve the radio problem.

If someone can confirm the fix that would be most helpful.

Thanks to lecholas for posting useful feedback relating to this - most helpful when debugging development versions.

metalcraze: answered here ...

Do we need to follow that circular discussion path, for I fear it will become ever smaller; eventually leading to someone disappearing up their own hooplah.

galz: yes, you can modify the AI turnspeed.

class CfgMovesBasic {
class Default;	// External class reference

class Actions {
	class NoActions;	// External class reference

class RifleBaseLowStandActions : NoActions {
		turnSpeed = 7;
	};
	class RifleBaseStandActions;	// External class reference

class RifleProneActions : RifleBaseStandActions {
		turnSpeed = 2;
	};
};
};

You can then redefine the States to override the default behaviour:

class CfgMovesMaleSdr : CfgMovesBasic {
class States {
};
};

maturin: glad you can see things working.

The airfields are great for gaining an overview of how the AI behaves - hopefully you can appreciate the most basic tactical traits they now posess.

I'm reasonably happy with the amount of suppressive fire the AI are putting down while they manoeuvre and with their ability to flank, close and destroy a target - at least in comparison to lying still and dumping all their ammo downrange, or the effectiveness of suicidal direct frontal attacks.

The issue with the AI gunners firing while changing position is rather annoying - I think it's related to suppressFor and should be less of a problem once I have the gun team move to a slightly wider position.

Your comment certainly comes across as criticism; so in your opinion, what should the AI be doing in the scenario you describe?

Kroky: Yes and properly credited to Solus for allowing me to use his excellent work.

Protegimus

AI engaging too soon when in combatMode "WHITE" (Hold fire,

engage at will), i.e. perceived ROE violation. AI hold fire now matches default ArmA 2 performance

Well it doesn't. Easy to see at Wolle's Oil War mission port (Note that I don't use Zeu_GLX). When I order everyone to hold fire in vanilla without Zeus - they all just go "target acquired/ready to fire/target in sight" while the squad sneaks closer. Nobody fires.

When I do the same with Zeus as soon as MG gunners have enemies in their sights they open fire even when their icon still has a red strikethrough indicating that they are with the 'hold fire' order.

metalcraze: remove .pbo's until you have it the way you want it.

Start with zeu_cfg_core_ai_skills.pbo

Please tell others if you get what you want, it may be helpful to them.

Protegimus

The airfields are great for gaining an overview of how the AI behaves - hopefully you can appreciate the most basic tactical traits they now posess.

I'm reasonably happy with the amount of suppressive fire the AI are putting down while they manoeuvre and with their ability to flank, close and destroy a target - at least in comparison to lying still and dumping all their ammo downrange, or the effectiveness of suicidal direct frontal attacks.

For me as an Arma newb, this was a great way to see the 'before-and-after' of Zeus in action, a very noticable and fantastic difference in my eyes. Combined with CSM2OA, fire-fights with Zeus are amazingly immersive.

Thanks for all your hard work :)

metalcraze: remove .pbo's until you have it the way you want it.

Start with zeu_cfg_core_ai_skills.pbo

Please tell others if you get what you want, it may be helpful to them.

Protegimus

zeu_sys_AI is at fault (I deleted everything but it and FindCover.pbo which it requires).

Then I opened Takistan in the editor.

I placed an enemy 200m away facing the other direction from me and AI MG gunner at the southern airport (we start behind the hangar so I can give a "hold fire" order without any problems).

Without Zeus I got as close as 50-100m away from the enemy and MG gunner was waiting for my further orders.

With Zeus MG gunner opened fire as soon as we came out from behind hangar and spotted an enemy (tried this with both US Army and USMC MG gunners - so looks like it affects anyone holding an MG).

Riflemen also have this issue but to a lesser degree. They still ignore the order and open fire while icon still shows the "hold fire" command but from within 100m range.

So I'd recommend doing it like in vanilla. Hold fire order should be pretty clear and straightforward.

I also tested new Zeu_GLX and the radio issue seems to be gone (didn't do extensive testing though). However stuttering is still there.

metalcraze: to be clear, I suppose you are using version: 0.02a I referred to above?

You will find the version number in the Changelog section of ARMA OA Zeu_readme.txt and it will be of release date 04.12.2010.

I've re-run my own test mission and re-created the one you described, both without failure - the gunner and I could walk up to within 15m of the back of the enemy before he turned around and shot us.

Thanks for checking the radio issue, I'll incorporate the fix into the next release.

Protegimus

For me as an Arma newb, this was a great way to see the 'before-and-after' of Zeus in action, a very noticable and fantastic difference in my eyes. Combined with CSM2OA, fire-fights with Zeus are amazingly immersive.

Thanks for all your hard work :)

where can i find CSM2OA, as well as the most RECENT version of Zeus AI? i don't have TS so is there a direct download link???

where can i find CSM2OA, as well as the most RECENT version of Zeus AI? i don't have TS so is there a direct download link???

For the most recent version check the past few pages. Animalmother posted a link to DH. At least I think it is.

For CSM2OA just use the forum search feature:

http://forums.bistudio.com/search.php?searchid=1441819

The issue with the AI gunners firing while changing position is rather annoying - I think it's related to suppressFor and should be less of a problem once I have the gun team move to a slightly wider position.

It wasn't a holistic criticism so much as my own surprise. It messed up my usual method of testing sound mods. :p

The main critique I'd make is that the entire team moves at once. While I'm sure neither you nor any of us wants the AI to move at the glacial pace of BI bounding overwatch, it would be best if one buddy team (they do still operate in pairs, right?) or one man would stay prone and suppress the enemy. I don't mind that they weren't hosing me with bullets. just that there were some pretty significant pauses in the gunfire where I could have gotten in a careful shot, and they were all moving rather than keeping their situational awareness up.

I mentioned that their formation fell apart into apparent chaos, but I can't really think why this should be such a terrible problem. I'm sure real-life soldiers prize cover over wedge formations and spacing, and they did get the job done to hide behind that hangar. It just makes me wonder how my team will behave when I am squad leader. I haven't played as leader much recently, but the one mission I did play panned out pretty much the same as it always does. My men were happy to sit in the open if it meant keeping the line all tidy. What setting will make them run for cover like that? Was it autonomous to the buddy teams or was there a Move order given? Or just Engage At Will?

I was very surprised when a man 50m from me ran away behind a building rather than try to win a Mexican standoff. It's maybe not what you'd expect in a testing environment, but once again, I think it should work in 'real life.'

And how can I test the GLx feature. If I start beating up on an infantry squad in the editor, will they call an unrelated helicopter or mortar for help when it's half a map away?

The only major concern I have is that my AI aren't talking to me when in combat. The subtitles have disappeared, and I hope that can be hotfixed because it has nothing to do with AI.

Yes I'm using 0.02a dated 4.12

Just tried it again. With Zeus AI MG gunner fires despite me giving him an order to hold fire.

Started without Zeus and CBA - everything's fine.

Made a wild guess that maybe CBA breaks something so started only with it - nope. Worked just as good as in vanilla.

Started with Zeus and CBA again - the issue returned.

I should add that I used no other mods during tests, only 1.56 and 1.57 beta. Results were the same with both versions.

After you gave a gunner an order to hold fire did you just run to an enemy or actually try to make a short stop? Because as soon as I make a stop he fires even if the distance is 200+ m (he can't even hit the enemy).

Not sure if this will be of any help but I'll make another wild guess that maybe the issue depends on difficulty settings or something (I use 'regular' to test stuff in the editor)

class Difficulties

{

class recruit

{

class Flags

{

Armor=1;

FriendlyTag=1;

EnemyTag=0;

HUD=1;

HUDPerm=1;

HUDWp=1;

HUDWpPerm=1;

HUDGroupInfo=1;

AutoSpot=1;

Map=1;

WeaponCursor=1;

AutoGuideAT=1;

ClockIndicator=1;

3rdPersonView=1;

UltraAI=0;

AutoAim=0;

CameraShake=0;

UnlimitedSaves=1;

DeathMessages=1;

NetStats=1;

VonID=1;

};

skillFriendly=1;

skillEnemy=0.55000001;

precisionFriendly=1;

precisionEnemy=0.55000001;

};

class regular

{

class Flags

{

Armor=0;

FriendlyTag=0;

EnemyTag=0;

HUD=1;

HUDPerm=0;

HUDWp=1;

HUDWpPerm=1;

HUDGroupInfo=0;

AutoSpot=1;

Map=0;

WeaponCursor=0;

AutoGuideAT=0;

ClockIndicator=1;

3rdPersonView=1;

UltraAI=0;

AutoAim=0;

CameraShake=1;

UnlimitedSaves=1;

DeathMessages=1;

NetStats=1;

VonID=1;

};

skillFriendly=0.98500001;

skillEnemy=0.98500001;

precisionFriendly=0.75;

precisionEnemy=0.41999999;

};

class veteran

{

class Flags

{

HUD=1;

HUDWp=1;

HUDGroupInfo=0;

Map=0;

WeaponCursor=0;

ClockIndicator=0;

3rdPersonView=1;

UltraAI=0;

CameraShake=1;

UnlimitedSaves=0;

DeathMessages=1;

NetStats=1;

VonID=0;

};

skillEnemy=0.98500001;

precisionFriendly=0.75;

};

class mercenary

{

class Flags

{

UltraAI=0;

DeathMessages=0;

NetStats=0;

VonID=0;

};

skillEnemy=0.98500001;

precisionFriendly=0.75;

};

};

Edited by metalcraze

maturin: for radio transmissions, there's nothing to stop you using the hotfixed version already available.

A_Blunt_Rifle: if you won't use TS3 you'll have to depend on someone posting a mirror of CSM2OA for you as the Zeus webserver/Yoma's are complete chaos at the moment.

metalcraze: try veteran then, that's what I use.

Protegimus

Nah. As soon as I stop running he opens fire anyway.

I'm out of ideas about what may be causing the problem. I mean it's only AA2 CO 1.56 + CBA + Zeus and nothing else.

Here's the "mission" I use to test this

http://www.mediafire.com/?hrah8uuvbrqnvkv

Just give a ~-3-2 order after the start, run around the hangar to the enemy, keep moving to him till someone of you will call him out - then stop. Always ends the same for me.

P.S. which version of CBA do you use btw? I used 0.7.1 and now use 0.7.2

maturin: for radio transmissions, there's nothing to stop you using the hotfixed version already available.

I honestly don't know what your link means. Do we have to download Teamspeak and use it to access your files? And if it can be accessed by a web browser, I can't find any links when I look at your posts. I downloaded the files provided by AnimalMother because he seems to know what's going on.

These were the links I used

Zeus AI

CSM2OA

One of the CSM2OA links worked, can't remember which one. One thing I found after newb trial and error is that for stand alone OA, as well as placing your @CSM2OA folder in your C:\........\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ root directory, you also need to place the userconfig folder from the CSM2_104i.7z into C:\........\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ , as CSM2OA needs the file csm2_clientside_config_hpp inside that folder to work.

Edited by G.I. NO

metalcraze: post your shortcut Target: and Start in: details

Tested your mission - works fine.

I walked towards the enemy and paused on each join on the prefab concrete.

AI gunner did engage at about 60m when I ran instead of walking.

I'm using CBA version: 0.7.1

For those using ACE, can someone confirm whether the T-55 problem is fixed when zeu_OA_c_wep_dispersion.pbo is replaced with the ACE version

zeu_ACE_c_wep_dispersion.pbo?

Protegimus