Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

BTW I was getting freezing issues like AM too. Except for me they usually go for 4-5 secs, but very rarely for 30 too.

Saying that I really want to see GLx being smoothly integrated with Zeus without issues. It's a great addon.

Hi,

I haven't read all the 118 pages of this thread, mind you, but I DID search the thread for the word "bead", and came up with nothing but an unanswered question. So here goes:

- Changes the speed at which an AI can get a bead on a target

Could you please be more specific? Friendly/Enemy/All AI? They do it faster or slower with the mod? Any more details?

My problem is not so much with the stock AI in the open, but with enemy AI inside vehicles. As soon as I get out of cover, at a 90 degrees angle, AI gunners "sense" me, get an exact bead and lock, instantly turn the turret, choose the right weapon and hit me with the 1st or 3rd bullet, even at hundreds of meters away, and all of this within ONE second. So does this mod make the AI crews, currently acting like Robocops, into more human-like entities?

Also, is there a way to do something to bailed out crews? Imagine you are in a tank or APC. You are hit with something that damaged the vehicle, which probably took fire, and you bail out. You are in physical shock since you probably hit a wall or piece of equipment when you were hit. You are in psychological shock. You bail out into the open, a world of noise and smoke, and you feel extremely vulnerable, not even sure you are in one piece, and you know you still are in the line of fire since you were just hit. Your only thought is to gtfo. So I am afraid that the only thing you will NOT do, and not even be able to do properly, is: lie down right where you bailed out on the enemy side, find him take a bead lock on snipe with your short AK at 100+ meters and hit with the 3rd bullet, all within 1 second again. /poetry_end :)

Hi,

I am new to Arma, but have been following the forums for awhile, in particular this Zeus thread.

I have OA, and want to say thank you for all of the hard work you must have put into this great mod. Using this with GL4 has made for great fire-fights and combat experiences.

I am still slowly learning about Arma, and have been playing around in the editor to get used to everything. I loaded Zeus, but wasn't sure how to check if it was working, so I decided to test by dropping an AI controlled squad (me on the 240) at each end of the Takistan airport runway, both with, and without, Zeus running.

In vanilla, the AI would just drop to prone and shoot, but with Zeus, suddenly people were flanking, covering, bounding, popping smoke and it even looked as if they would search out bushes to hide behind on the flat, open runway!

So thank you again for all of your hard work with this fantastic mod :)

Hi,

I haven't read all the 118 pages of this thread, mind you, but I DID search the thread for the word "bead", and came up with nothing but an unanswered question. So here goes:

Could you please be more specific? Friendly/Enemy/All AI? They do it faster or slower with the mod? Any more details?

My problem is not so much with the stock AI in the open, but with enemy AI inside vehicles. As soon as I get out of cover, at a 90 degrees angle, AI gunners "sense" me, get an exact bead and lock, instantly turn the turret, choose the right weapon and hit me with the 1st or 3rd bullet, even at hundreds of meters away, and all of this within ONE second. So does this mod make the AI crews, currently acting like Robocops, into more human-like entities?

Also, is there a way to do something to bailed out crews? Imagine you are in a tank or APC. You are hit with something that damaged the vehicle, which probably took fire, and you bail out. You are in physical shock since you probably hit a wall or piece of equipment when you were hit. You are in psychological shock. You bail out into the open, a world of noise and smoke, and you feel extremely vulnerable, not even sure you are in one piece, and you know you still are in the line of fire since you were just hit. Your only thought is to gtfo. So I am afraid that the only thing you will NOT do, and not even be able to do properly, is: lie down right where you bailed out on the enemy side, find him take a bead lock on snipe with your short AK at 100+ meters and hit with the 3rd bullet, all within 1 second again. /poetry_end :)

While vehicles may murder you with robotic precision at times, all the other times they are numb and dumb as fifteen C-130 loads of bricks. I'm fine with giving them all the help they can get.

And I can confirm that my AI have stopped talking. In fact, I'm not sure my own orders were even showing up in the subtitles. (And it is the subtitles that disappear, my squad still listens and communicates perfectly well via telepathy.)

I'll second (or 14th) the "no talking" bug. I am using the AI mod from Robalo, but otherwise, it's just Zeus and addons. When in danger mode, everyone communicates using the Force. When in Alert or Safe, people talk.

looking at these Zeus files like find_cover, zeus_ai, or netcode it looks like this is a reworked copy of the files from SLX mod.

Which is good.

My AI has a tendency to run off when there is nothing around them and I want them to just remain in formation. What .pbo makes them do this?

Hi, first of all, i like to say it's a wonderful mod.

But have one gameplay problem, sometimes my soldiers who is far from battle begins to go cover, and thats a problem because it takes alot longer to move my soldiers by foot, than when they don't go to cover. Is there any way around this, have tried to give safe order, burt still they go to cover. It's really anoying when you have to move youir soldiers a long distance??

Im not used to write in english, so apology for any missspelling.

Robert

Hi,

I seem to have problem with the new version of Zeus AI and Independents. If I put an independent and a blufor on the same map and as the blufour fire, the independent will shoot at me.

Independents are set as friendly in settings.

Cheers,

While vehicles may murder you with robotic precision at times, all the other times they are numb and dumb as fifteen C-130 loads of bricks. I'm fine with giving them all the help they can get.

I don't know about that. Enemy AI is pretty good at sensing me, while it is MY crew that is usually dumb as a brick. And anyway, I find it more realistic when a tank or AC crew does NOT notice me, even though people are calling this being "dumb". I've played enough tank sims, from inside the tank, to know that finding a target through a small slit, as opposed to a large angle external view, is very difficult. So to me there is no point in giving them any edge by allowing instantaneous target lock an kill, them being "dumb" is the only occasion where they are actually acting human :).

So it's a lite version of another mod packaged in Zeus? Because I don't have GL4.

But have one gameplay problem, sometimes my soldiers who is far from battle begins to go cover, and thats a problem because it takes alot longer to move my soldiers by foot, than when they don't go to cover. Is there any way around this, have tried to give safe order, burt still they go to cover. It's really anoying when you have to move youir soldiers a long distance??

I doubt that's an ACE problem. Automatic danger mode at inappropriate times has been a headache since it was introduced in an Arma 2 beta patch, and has been gradually improved every since. Put your team in Close Column of Delta (Diamond) formation, which prevents them from using bounding overwatch behavior.

Edited by maturin

So it's a lite version of another mod packaged in Zeus? Because I don't have GL4.

That's how I understand it but it's better Protegimus fills in the details when/if he can.

/KC

if i am just playing arma2 OA stand alone. which ones do i download? do i need just the updated one stated at the top of the first page or. the 1.04b as well?

That's how I understand it but it's better Protegimus fills in the details when/if he can.

/KC

I would rather guess, it's a reworked version of GL3 which was part of the SLX mod. Since a lot of files are very similar to the SLX core files.

if i am just playing arma2 OA stand alone. which ones do i download? do i need just the updated one stated at the top of the first page or. the 1.04b as well?
I have OA standalone (no ACE), and I used the zeu_AI.7z link in the quote below, from the 4/12/10 I believe, and it seems to work great :)
Also, here is an alternative mirror (hope that's ok)

http://dev-heaven.net/attachments/do...9441/zeu_AI.7z

Does this Zeus mod require cba?

Yes, the OA one does

zeu_sys_AI and zeu_FindCover require Extended Eventhandlers (thanks to Killswitch, Sickboy):

cba_extended_eventhandlers.pbo

cba_oa_main.pbo

& .bisign files

I still new to all this myself, but I use @CBA, @CBA_OA, @GL4 and @zeu_AI and it really seems to work well.

Put a BLUFOR and an OPFOR squad at each end of the airport runway in the editor, both with and without zeu_AI running, and you will notice the difference!

There certainly is a difference. It's not exactly the best behavior for a fight on a flat, featureless runway, but those tactics should prove extremely useful in an actual combat environment.

There certainly is a difference. It's not exactly the best behavior for a fight on a flat, featureless runway, but those tactics should prove extremely useful in an actual combat environment.
Yes, like I say, I am still new to Arma, and I wasn't sure how to check if zeu_AI was working or not, so I thought I would try that out :). For a noob, it was pretty impressive to see the difference! And it certainly works great in the more environmentally dense areas of the map.

Thanks Protegimus!

Protegimus,

I found that Zeus AI completely overrides any AI init settings for Helicopter Crews. I have a mission with an insert via Chinook, works fine without Zeus AI, even under contact. However with Zeus AI it overrides these settings, the Chinook takes on all the ground contacts, despite be set as careless.