Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

1) Other mod makers find the ability to keep a first post updated with version numbers just fine.

2) As to how my comments make Prot feel, I'm not here to blow sunshine up his arse. It is a valuable mod, and I use it for a reason, but the distribution method is lacking. If such a comment makes him emotionally pained, I'm sure he can speak for himself on the matter and does not need your assistance.

3) I don't "want" to piss him off, despite your allegation. If you insist that I go kick some rocks, how about some up your tailpipe, followed shortly by my foot.

Bottom line, this mod is useful, but the distribution method and version tracking is a serious flaw.

I second that.

[Edited] though I would not have chosen that rather harsh wording. Please calm down everybody!

I really appreciate all the efforts going into this mod, and I liked using it.

I think it is by no means ungrateful to state that a good mod would deserve good distribution.

I think the mod woul benefit, if it would be made a bit easier to access and test the latest version.

Thanks! ;)

A.

Edited by oldy41

I do think you should at least try to keep the first post up to date. It is the first people see when they look for this addon after all.

Your point is valid, despite the majority of us reading this thread are able to keep up to date. Yes it would simplify things and make it easy on us, and its not that much work for Prot to do. The work he does on the mod, could be made more accessible by just a little more work, this is true...

Much good work is lost for the lack of a little more. ~Edward H. Harriman

Making the updates to the front page would be nice, and make the tiny amount of work we have to do, in order to use the mod, that much smaller. I get it, and honestly I do agree... But when you basically attack the developer of the mod, and insult the mod because of the way its released and make demands for change, thats not going to be received well.

I don't think the new updates are final/stable versions anyway. I'm under the assumption that the distribution method is for those who want to help test the mod. If it was a final/stable version I'd imagine they'd ask for mirrors.

That being said, and if it is true, i can understand why the mod would be released the way it is. In order to better prevent a flood of people like metalcraze and hunter123 from coming in and posting bogus error reports in the topic, making Prot's job of finding and fixing the errors that much harder due to having to sift through all the ignorant postings.

So chill out, it takes all of 2-3 minutes to locate and update the mod as it is, and I'm sure you've wasted double that just writing a reply to me...

Its really not that hard dude, stop being lazy and deal with it. Also consider how your comments make Prot feel, when you say your sick of having to take 2 minutes of your time to find his mod.... how much time do you think he has spent on making this mod, that you have done literally NOTHING to help create. This is one of the overall best mods for this game, since the AI are otherwise window licking retards without it.

It's definitely not 2 minutes. I wouldn't mind helping with testing, since my version of Zeus seems to be buggy as hell, however, I don't even know what version I have. I got it from some place that had a newer date than the "official" 1.4.

I appreciate Protegimus' work a lot - this AI addon is great and badly needed but I do agree that version tracking is terribly bad. I don't know when problems will be fixed (or if they're already fixed in some unreachable version) and no one has any idea where to get updates or even if updates have been released or not. I agree that the first page of this thread should be updated with release updates - this is pretty much community standard plus user-friendly.

I wouldn't mind posting bug info and help Protegimus track them down as he has time if I knew about the updates.

Just for clarification, for use with ACE I just use the stuff from the Arma 2 ACE release and place the zeu_sys_AI.pbo, zeu_Findcover.pbo from the latest version in that folder along with the .pbo's from the Arma 2 release?

How does the new "tactics" functionality work? The readme seems like it hasn't been updated for a long time and going through the last pages hasn't revealed anything.

Version 0.02a is available for download from the TS3 server.

Added zeu_ACE_c_wep_dispersion.pbo for ACE compatibility.

AI engaging too soon when in combatMode "WHITE" (Hold fire,

engage at will), i.e. perceived ROE violation. AI hold fire now matches default ArmA 2 performance (zeu_GLx.pbo not yet fully tested)

Version numbers are in the readme Changelog section, together with instructions, including what to do for ACE.

CBA version: 0.7.1 is tested and works fine.

Some more bugs in the new version:

- when your soldiers go into the 'danger' mode they stop talking. They stop calling out contacts, they stop assigning each other targets vocally etc (and even subtitles aren't there) but the game still counts as if they do.

Can you post more detail about what behaviour is different with Zeus to without, as after comparing it there doesn't seem to be any.

With regard to some of the big opinions about how things should or shouldn't be done, I'm sure we'd all appreciate less noise on these pages and more insight into how the mod is/isn't working for people.

zeu_GLx feature: as the leader of an AI squad, if you are close to buildings and change your formation to "Vee", your section will garrison the nearest building.

Protegimus

Thanks for the update, especially the ACE support is welcome. I noticed that the ACE dispersion PBO was lying around separately from the 7z on TS3, even though it's in pack as well. The files are slightly different, which should be used?

Also, here is an alternative mirror (hope that's ok)

http://dev-heaven.net/attachments/download/9441/zeu_AI.7z

Thanks for the update, especially the ACE support is welcome. I noticed that the ACE dispersion PBO was lying around separately from the 7z on TS3, even though it's in pack as well. The files are slightly different, which should be used?

Also, here is an alternative mirror (hope that's ok)

http://dev-heaven.net/attachments/download/9441/zeu_AI.7z

The zeu_ACE_c_wep_dispersion.pbo from the channel has been removed and it should be disregarded - was uploaded separately for the Zeus server.

Thanks for the mirror.

Post back if you still get the pausing you were experiencing.

Protegimus

Can someone please get the latest from the TS3 server and put it on a download service?

Can you please look 3 posts back?

*edit*

@Pro

Still getting the lockups. Some hopefully helpful RPT info

Error in expression <argetGroup))) == 0) then {

if (_ldrint select 5 < 20) then {
(leader _hg) revea>
 Error position: <select 5 < 20) then {
(leader _hg) revea>
 Error select: Type Number, expected Array,Config entry
File x\zeu\addons\GLx\f\zeu_AlertedGroup.sqf, line 633

Bad conversion: array
Error in expression <eader _tg) ) >500)
) then {
_vehicles = nearestObjects [(vehicle (leader _group)>
 Error position: <nearestObjects [(vehicle (leader _group)>
 Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected
File x\zeu\addons\GLx\f\zeu_Travel.sqf, line 78

Error in expression <derisgunner'))) || (isplayer (commander (_this select 0)) && (1 == getNumber(con>
 Error position: <(_this select 0)) && (1 == getNumber(con>
 Error Missing )
Error in expression <derisgunner'))) || (isplayer (commander (_this select 0)) && (1 == getNumber(con>
 Error Missing )
 Error Missing )
 Error Missing )
 Error Missing )
 Error Missing )
 Error Missing )
 Error Missing )
 Error Missing )
 Error Missing )
 Error Missing )
 Error Missing )
 Error Missing )
 Error Missing )
 Error Missing )
 Error Missing )
 Error Missing )
 Error Missing )
 Error Missing )
 Error Missing )
[5534,163.736,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished; [true,false,false,true,false,true,true,true,true,false]"]
Error in expression <nt _units>0) then {
if(isNull commander _x && _x emptyPositions "commander" >0) >
 Error position: <_x && _x emptyPositions "commander" >0) >
 Error Missing )
File x\zeu\addons\GLx\f\zeu_Defend.sqf, line 307
Error in expression <nt _units>0) then {
if(isNull commander _x && _x emptyPositions "commander" >0) >
 Error position: <_x && _x emptyPositions "commander" >0) >
 Error Missing )
File x\zeu\addons\GLx\f\zeu_Defend.sqf, line 307
Error in expression <ull (gunner _x))
||
(!isNull (commander _x))
||
(damage _x >0.5)
||
(!canmove _x>
 Error position: <_x))
||
(damage _x >0.5)
||
(!canmove _x>
 Error Missing )
File x\zeu\addons\GLx\f\zeu_Travel.sqf, line 86
Error in expression <ull (gunner _x))
||
(!isNull (commander _x))
||
(damage _x >0.5)
||
(!canmove _x>
 Error position: <_x))
||
(damage _x >0.5)
||
(!canmove _x>
 Error Missing )
File x\zeu\addons\GLx\f\zeu_Travel.sqf, line 86

Edited by AnimalMother92

Can you post more detail about what behaviour is different with Zeus to without, as after comparing it there doesn't seem to be any.

Let's say I'm in a mission led by AI.

When I don't have GLx and Netcode in my Zeus folder everything is fine.

However when I add them back the problems start. As soon as any engagement begins I can't hear anything I'm saying via context menu, there are no subtitles showing that I'm saying something - and the same goes for AI. However I still see targets they assign to me. This however isn't of much use because f.e. I can't hear or see any subtitles at all when AI calls out targets. Basically everyone goes mute.

I am getting same issue as metalcraze.

EDIT:

Disregard my post, it seems to happen even without Zeus_AI active for me, at least on the "amazingly fun, bug-free" PMC campaign.

Edited by Devil Dogs SF

Can you please look 3 posts back?

Thank you, I missed than entry.

Roger, will test.

Additionally I've uploaded a pre-configured mod-folder for ACE users, that I'll try to keep up2date on Dev-Heaven.

"ZeusAI_ACE.7z"

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/anm-missions/files

Contains the old Zeus for ACE PBOs combined properly with the latest Dynamic AI files. :)

Thanks a lot for the mirror, downloading now :)

When I don't have GLx and Netcode in my Zeus folder everything is fine.

However when I add them back the problems start. As soon as any engagement begins I can't hear anything I'm saying via context menu, there are no subtitles showing that I'm saying something - and the same goes for AI. However I still see targets they assign to me. This however isn't of much use because f.e. I can't hear or see any subtitles at all when AI calls out targets. Basically everyone goes mute.

Same problem for me.

Only with @CBA + @zeu_AI. CBA version 0.7.1.

I've got the same problem. As far as I can tell it's because when using Zeus AI you allways get your radio removed from your equipment as soon as the battle starts (I think the feature of having your radio enabled only when you actually have a radio in your inventory was added with OA). And I think it's the same with most of the AI soldiers. When you look in the inventory of a dead AI most of them doesn't have radios (but some have it, maybe those who were killed at the start of the battle? so the script wasn't fast enough to steal their radio?)

It looks like a bug in PMC camp. as it does not happen in the editor or elsewhere. Even in the campaign only certain missions affected.

I don't think it's a PMC campaign related bug. I haven't even run PMC campaign with zeus AI so far and I keep getting this bug when playing for example official BAF single missions or Wolle's CWC classics converted missions.

You don't really notice how much the new Zeus changes things until you do the good old Utes runway firefight thing. I was testing the updated sonic cracks in JSRS and single enemies placed in the open behave radically different now.

Instead of lying down and shooting at you until you're dead, they take occasional shots while running away, usually to the side and vaguely towards cover. Put yourself in full view of an enemy standing near the control tower and he will run away behind the building! It's actually sort of hard to get them to kill you.

Entire squads will do the same. Their formations sort of melt apart as they displace, gradually moving behind cover using bounding overwatch. It looks chaotic and resulted in pauses in fire, suppressive or otherwise, and friendly fire causalities from machinegunners whirling on their axis (a vanilla bug apparently exacerbated by the new behavior). They didn't get much in the way of rounds downrange, but they ended up standing behind a hanger with the guys on the edges poking their heads out to shoot.

Very interesting.

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

Roger, will test.

Additionally I've uploaded a pre-configured mod-folder for ACE users, that I'll try to keep up2date on Dev-Heaven.

"ZeusAI_ACE.7z"

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/anm-missions/files

Contains the old Zeus for ACE PBOs combined properly with the latest Dynamic AI files. :)

Bless you. By the way, are any of those other files on there SP-compatible?

By the way, are any of those other files on there SP-compatible?

yep, they are (dont know if all of them but most of them, at least) ... I've played already some of them and they are GOOD :)

EDIT: just checked my download from some time ago and they are all single player missions, I'm pretty sure --- I had put them in my \missions-folder and so they are stored as sp ;-)

Edited by langgis08

Bless you. By the way, are any of those other files on there SP-compatible?

All should work in SP and coop. See wiki or thread

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/anm-missions/wiki

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1461914

yep, they are (dont know if all of them but most of them, at least) ... I've played already some of them and they are GOOD :)

Thanks, feedback is always appreciated :cool:

____

Regarding this latest version, things are really good apart from the GLx related freezing. I've actually decided to put up with it for now just because of how good the features of that pbo are, makes for some great battles.

If it helps, the freezing seems to come shortly after contact and lasts 30-40 seconds for me.

ACE

Latest Zeus