Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

Some more bugs in the new version:

- when your soldiers go into the 'danger' mode they stop talking. They stop calling out contacts, they stop assigning each other targets vocally etc (and even subtitles aren't there) but the game still counts as if they do.

- when healing the soldier that does the healing seems to be able to turn around thus turning you around too which looks really awkward - as if your body is being stuck to the medic. Also after the healing the animation for my soldier never stopped and so I was stuck.

What ZEUS pbo should i use if i already play with ACE guys?

I'm a bit lost about that. At the moment i use them all but i fail to see any conflict/bug.Some unresponsive AI sometimes but thats all.

Any input?

Noticed the same thing like metalcraze, breaks immersion....

Version 0.02 is available for download.

This is the first release to include basic AI tactical functionality, together with the ability to call for support when a radio is available.

Thanks for the update Protegimus!

Tried out the new call for support feature and wonder if there are a breif description of criterias when/how AI calls for support (except being equiped with a radio).

Does the distance to other units/groups matter, does it call for every available unit on the map or one group at the time?

/KC

I have a question.

If I will remove GL and netcode modules will I get the same old Zeus but without new bugs introduced ATM and worse performance? Or will it break some abilities/scripts in Zeus?

What ZEUS pbo should i use if i already play with ACE guys?

I'm a bit lost about that. At the moment i use them all but i fail to see any conflict/bug.Some unresponsive AI sometimes but thats all.

Any input?

Not counting thie most recent release, it should be:

Originally Posted by Tonci87 View Post

Protegimus, I´m still using this setup because I´m playing with ACE

zeu_c_ai_recognition from june zcommon_ace

zeu_c_ai_rof from june zcommon_ace

zeu_c_ai_skill.pbo.ZEU from june zcommon_ace

zeu_FindCover from last zeu_AI beta

zeu_sys_AI from last zeu_AI beta

Is this Setup OK if I want to see the new improvements?

The new version, know one is quite sure yet. Being figured out though.

Some more bugs in the new version:

- when your soldiers go into the 'danger' mode they stop talking. They stop calling out contacts, they stop assigning each other targets vocally etc (and even subtitles aren't there) but the game still counts as if they do.

It's due to use of stealth mode to prevent the AI running around like idiots when being fired on. I'll see what I can do.

- when healing the soldier that does the healing seems to be able to turn around thus turning you around too which looks really awkward - as if your body is being stuck to the medic. Also after the healing the animation for my soldier never stopped and so I was stuck.

That bug is in the default game.

Thanks for the update Protegimus!

Tried out the new call for support feature and wonder if there are a brief description of criterias when/how AI calls for support (except being equipped with a radio).

/KC

I guess I should really thank you too in public, as I understand Group Link was originally your work (original credit is encapsulated in the mod, btw)!

You're quite right of course, AI can call for cover without a radio if they are within a maximum distance of a known friendly unit, however I didn't necessarily want to put everything up front, rather gauge AI performance from feedback and test/adjust.

With respect to the pausing issue that AnimalMother92 notified me about, post upgrade to version: 1.56 I now too have this and it is due to dumping to the .rpt - I'll update when I've identified the issue.

In the meantime, if you suffer from the problem just move/delete the zeu_glx.pbo from the addons directory.

I know there was an issue with Extended Eventhandlers and 1.56, so I'll check out the beta fix posted and see where we stand.

Finally, any particular reason why the same question is asked about ACE compatibility every day, despite whether the answer is one post above, on the previous page, or the last twenty pages? :P

Protegimus

I guess I should really thank you too in public, as I understand Group Link was originally your work (original credit is encapsulated in the mod, btw)!

Thanks! The original Group Link script was written by a community member named "toadlife" so credits should go to him first of all. Back in the OFP days I just picked up the ball and continued to improve on his work and then re-wrote most of it and that led to the Group Link II script.

After that SNKMAN have picked up the ball and have done great improvements and amazing additions in his ArmA and ArmA II versions. So it truly is a group effort and I'm glad to been a tiny part of that.

You're quite right of course, AI can call for cover without a radio if they are within a maximum distance of a known friendly unit, however I didn't necessarily want to put everything up front, rather gauge AI performance from feedback and test/adjust.

Thanks for the info and looking forward to any future updates you may release!

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Finally, any particular reason why the same question is asked about ACE compatibility every day, despite whether the answer is one post above, on the previous page, or the last twenty pages? :P

Protegimus

Because it is not posted on first post,first page... I'm sure that if it was, nobody would ask.

And post it in a bold font.

I can understand why people ask. They come - see that this thread is 114 pages long and the first post says nothing they want to know.

People would still ask if it was on the first post, but less, and you won't have different people giving different answers.

I really congratulate you to this mod! However there are two really annoying bugs you surely have noticed as well: ai do ignore "hold fire" command, and ai helicopter pilots are suicidals. Is there any way you can fix this, please?

Just ran a mission without a T55, still got the Weapon disperstion bug! We had T-90, BRDMs, BTR90s and UAZ.

when BIS releases a new version that has AI tweaks, does Zeus simply addon on top of the new AI abilities or does Zeus override them?

Another bug found.

AIs ignore speed settings on waypoints. Even if the speed is set to limited they often prefer to rush to the next waypoint instead of walking there. This makes making AI to look like they are patrolling impossible and also gives a player a wrong idea about him being spotted.

It's pretty much in every single mission with patrols I've played with the new version of Zeus but is easily seen in recent Wolle's Lone Wolf remake. You start on the hill from where it's pretty easy to observe AI running around for no reason. It doesn't happen without Zeus.

Other problems include:

- AI breaks formation and decides to move around on its own (in the meaning that the icon shows "moving" status) when spotting an enemy not too far away forcing you to order him back

- This maybe an original game bug but even when ordered not to shoot and seeing an enemy 100m away AI engages him. Would be nice to see this fixed in Zeus if it's AA2 bug.

---

Also can anyone upload the last pre0.2 Zeus version (from Nov 21)?

Because the one on Zeus web-site is from Oct 05 and the one in TS3 is obviously the latest one.

Edited by metalcraze

With all due respect, I don't think there's been enough discussion about distribution methods, because you're still insisting on a very NON user-friendly method of distribution.

I'm a bit sick of having to figure out what version number I have, what the latest version is, and continue to wonder why we have to log onto a TS3 server to get it, when the first post could easily be updated as new releases come out and make it a direct download.

The best mod in the world doesn't mean a damn thing if the creator makes it difficult to keep up to date.

what he said ... exactly my thougts

also,using the latest (?) available zeus (29.11) i find that the enemy AI is on a constant hunt for me or anyone that opend fire on em

I yesterday played AirborneAssault which features some randomly placed ZU23s guarded by 2 infantry as AA in this mission,anyway we took out one ZU and returned to base and 5min later we got shot @ base ... "by who?" you might ask - well it was those 2 infantry takis that guarded the ZU ... they jumped in a car,drove down to our base and then engaged us there :eek:

Not rly a thing you would consider perfect for any mission

The enemy AI is atm way to aggressive or their pathfinding is ridicoulously OP

metalcraze: what you are posting as bugs are due to features of the grouplink behaviour. If you can't get on with it then better to stop using the new features simply by moving:

zeu_glx.pbo

zeu_netcode.pbo

& .bisign's files out of the addons directory.

Regarding AI breaking a hold fire command, referring to the previous discussion about this, the order you give is a setCombatMode "GREEN" (Hold fire - defend only) order, reference the biki.

Hunter123: Same for you dude, if you can test without/with the mod and post back which unit is ignoring the "hold fire" when doing what, it'll help me to help you tremendously.

TheScar: yes, if the AI considers the odds are in their favour in taking you on, they will do so, even if it means travelling to get there.

As above, you can revert to old behaviour if you don't like the new abilities.

Pellejones: remove ACE ...or follow the instructions in the readme.

Protegimus

With all due respect, I don't think there's been enough discussion about distribution methods, because you're still insisting on a very NON user-friendly method of distribution.

I'm a bit sick of having to figure out what version number I have, what the latest version is, and continue to wonder why we have to log onto a TS3 server to get it, when the first post could easily be updated as new releases come out and make it a direct download.

The best mod in the world doesn't mean a damn thing if the creator makes it difficult to keep up to date.

Then don't use it. I don't think the new updates are final/stable versions anyway. I'm under the assumption that the distribution method is for those who want to help test the mod. If it was a final/stable version I'd imagine they'd ask for mirrors.

Its really not that hard dude, stop being lazy and deal with it. Also consider how your comments make Prot feel, when you say your sick of having to take 2 minutes of your time to find his mod.... how much time do you think he has spent on making this mod, that you have done literally NOTHING to help create. This is one of the overall best mods for this game, since the AI are otherwise window licking retards without it. This mod makes the game exciting and worth playing, and you want to piss off the guy who is making it? wtf is wrong with you!? go kick rocks dude.

This is one of the overall best mods for this game, since the AI are otherwise window licking retards without it.

QFT

Keep up the good work Pro, it's appreciated :cool:

Keep in mind that all/most addonmakers/island creaters/scripters/mission makers/etc. do all the hard work mainly for themself so we should be happy they [eventually] share their work for free in one way/form or another!

Be greatful! It's a good feeling.... ;)

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

metalcraze: what you are posting as bugs are due to features of the grouplink behaviour. If you can't get on with it then better to stop using the new features simply by moving:

zeu_glx.pbo

zeu_netcode.pbo

& .bisign's files out of the addons directory.

What I'm more interested in knowing is which script inside GLx.pbo causes this. Because there are other features of GLx I'd like to keep (like AI garrisoning the buildings). I suspect "manoeuvres" causes the problem with AIs inside your group moving on their own (and quite ironically it has a code commented with 'AIs shouldn't do anything without orders if in player's group')

Its really not that hard dude, stop being lazy and deal with it. Also consider how your comments make Prot feel, when you say your sick of having to take 2 minutes of your time to find his mod.... how much time do you think he has spent on making this mod, that you have done literally NOTHING to help create. This is one of the overall best mods for this game, since the AI are otherwise window licking retards without it. This mod makes the game exciting and worth playing, and you want to piss off the guy who is making it? wtf is wrong with you!? go kick rocks dude.

1) Other mod makers find the ability to keep a first post updated with version numbers just fine.

2) As to how my comments make Prot feel, I'm not here to blow sunshine up his arse. It is a valuable mod, and I use it for a reason, but the distribution method is lacking. If such a comment makes him emotionally pained, I'm sure he can speak for himself on the matter and does not need your assistance.

3) I don't "want" to piss him off, despite your allegation. If you insist that I go kick some rocks, how about some up your tailpipe, followed shortly by my foot.

Bottom line, this mod is useful, but the distribution method and version tracking is a serious flaw.

Edited by Trekari