Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

The thing is that the precision values seem to be a bit of a nerf to snipers in specific. I play with all difficulty settings on 1.0 (highest difficulty), and while riflemen are more or less reasonable, sniper are incredibly bad. You might want to lower sniper ROF and increase their accuracy, and to a lesser degree do something similar for scoped rifles (I noticed scoped rifles already seem to be a bit more accurate, but I think they need just a bit more). Also, increasing detection ability for enemies with scopes would be a good idea, if they already have it it's not noticeable enough.

Another thing I noticed happens a lot is AI throwing smoke while I have direct line of fire to them. I killed countless AI during their "throw smoke" animation. Perhaps you should try make them throw smoke only if they decide returning fire is really not an option. Additionally, they often keep looking into the sky after throwing smoke, which both looks bad and probably makes it harder for them to detect enemies and return fire quickly, so you may want to look into that as well (maybe making them move/find cover after they throw smoke would help).

This is the first release to include basic AI tactical functionality

As I see it it now includes Group Link improvements? Sweet

I don't even know what teamspeak would be used for an SP player. I guess after all these years I don't really know anything about it?

Can someone post a temp link(If ok), or PM it to me?

Same for me: Never used TS, never intended to...:confused:

So please post a link to a website, where we can download the latest versions. A FTP directory would be ok.

Thanks a lot for all your efforts!

A.

We've been running zeus on our server for a couple of months now but we can't seem to get a nice balance with server settings for AI skill and precision.

For those running servers what settings are you using currently with the latest version of this mod. We are trying to get a good balance between having a skilled enemy force and a sometimes super AI which appears to have x-ray vision.

I don't even know what teamspeak would be used for an SP player. I guess after all these years I don't really know anything about it?

Can someone post a temp link(If ok), or PM it to me?

You download it from here - it's free:

http://teamspeak.com/

5 minutes later you are able to get the latest Zeus from their TS3 server

You download it from here - it's free:

http://teamspeak.com/

5 minutes later you are able to get the latest Zeus from their TS3 server

But don't I need to use voice? I don't even have a mic. I assuming someone will throw it up on YAS. I'm in no hurry to use this but it would be nice.

The thing is that the precision values seem to be a bit of a nerf to snipers in specific...

Also, increasing detection ability for enemies with scopes would be a good idea, if they already have it it's not noticeable enough.

For those with a boner for snipers you could try combining Zeus with Robalo_AS's ASR AI Skills. ASR config's specifically for class which might help - Zeus config's specifically for infantry firefights.

Snipers/spotters already have better detection capability than any other class, I don't think there's anywhere else to go with that.

Another thing I noticed happens a lot is AI throwing smoke while I have direct line of fire to them. I killed countless AI during their "throw smoke" animation. Perhaps you should try make them throw smoke only if they decide returning fire is really not an option.

Fair one, but BIS don't expose AI decision processes to my knowledge, so I've no idea how to do that unless you can point me in the right direction.

Additionally, they often keep looking into the sky after throwing smoke, which both looks bad and probably makes it harder for them to detect enemies and return fire quickly, so you may want to look into that as well (maybe making them move/find cover after they throw smoke would help).

This is an artifact of the fire command. This was the only way I knew of getting the AI to fire a specific muzzle (required to chuck smoke/frags, etc.), but I see some kind fella Mikhail updated the wiki entry just last week with another method "USEWEAPON", so I'll see if I can figure that out!

Sabre=TE=: are you using ACE?

Gent's, there has been enough discussion about distribution methods.

Something someone here with math know how can no doubt help me with - how to convert distance/bearings in to grid co-ordinates and vice-versa for the ArmA 2 maps?

Context: I want to be able to plot course to an enemy location, so waypoints taking into consideration other threats, etc.

Protegimus

Edited by Protegimus

I didn't mean class-based, but rather weapon-based. A prone AI with a .50 cal sniper rifle or even an SVD should not spread all over the place, but rather have lower ROF (simulating time it takes to aim) and higher accuracy. Same for marksmen with scoped weapons - Having the right weapon should be enough for the extra detection and accuracy. Or is this not possible?

As for smoke, is it possible to make them only throw smoke if they are under fire yet do not fire themselves for >X seconds? Say, if you are under fire for at least 3 seconds without firing at anything then throw a smoke (either before or after doing the find cover thing). If you can't detect when the AI can fire, can you at least detect when the AI fires?

But don't I need to use voice? I don't even have a mic.

You don't need that to just browse the TS3 server. TeamSpeak is a program like anything else.

-OP

Protegimus, I´m still using this setup because I´m playing with ACE

zeu_c_ai_recognition from june zcommon_ace

zeu_c_ai_rof from june zcommon_ace

zeu_c_ai_skill.pbo.ZEU from june zcommon_ace

zeu_FindCover from last zeu_AI beta

zeu_sys_AI from last zeu_AI beta

Is this Setup OK if I want to see the new improvements?

Sabre=TE=: are you using ACE?

Protegimus

Sorry should have stated that :o

We run a Combined Op's server currently without ACE.

We may use ACE in the near future so if there are different settings it would be useful to know them.

Regards

Something someone here with math know how can no doubt help me with - how to convert distance/bearings in to grid co-ordinates and vice-versa for the ArmA 2 maps?

Context: I want to be able to plot course to an enemy location, so waypoints taking into consideration other threats, etc.

Protegimus

Please check PM

Edited by Tawah

Just downloaded the newest version to CO with ACE 2.

Should I be using zeu_cfg_core_ai_skills.pbo?

Edited by maturin

The new GLx PBO seems to be causing my game to lock up for ~30 seconds on occasion. Running the latest OA beta, nothing odd in the RPT.

i did browse the TS3 server and couldn't find any file related to ZEUS_AI...

any help plz?

I still get the error: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. zeu_oa_c_wep_dispersion.

It's happening with a mission not designed with Zeus, only running on the server..I've read and some people had this problem with previous versions on some missions..

Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks!

I still get the error: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. zeu_oa_c_wep_dispersion.

It's happening with a mission not designed with Zeus, only running on the server..I've read and some people had this problem with previous versions on some missions..

Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks!

The problem is confined to T-55s as far as we have been able to surmise. (read, we = Enders)

The problem will happen so long as the server runs Zeus and has _dispersion.pbo.

Prot has said to delete the file. Dispersion will then go back to ACE default or BIS default.

Ok. Tips for new comers as i wasted an hour on this.

---------------------------

To get the last version of Zeus_AI, you need to install TeamSpeack 3.

Then connect to "teamspeak.zeus-community.net" . Once there you'll see a room called "Support and file directory". The several links on the right have nothing to do with what your looking for.

-Just right clik on this "Suport and File Directory"--> Open file Browser.

You then just have to double clik on Zeus_Ai.

---------------------------

That is it. It should be on first page by the way.

Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks!

Either remove the 'zeu_oa_c_wep_despersion' pbo (as Pro has indicated in an earlier post), or remove the T-55 tanks from the missions (as that has worked for us at 16AA).

It seems to be an issue between ACE and Zeus (although I'm unsure if it's been reported to the ACE team)

Feel free to correct any inaccuracies from my post :)

Protegimus, I´m still using this setup because I´m playing with ACE

zeu_c_ai_recognition from june zcommon_ace

zeu_c_ai_rof from june zcommon_ace

zeu_c_ai_skill.pbo.ZEU from june zcommon_ace

zeu_FindCover from last zeu_AI beta

zeu_sys_AI from last zeu_AI beta

Is this Setup OK if I want to see the new improvements?

Yes, if you have the v0.2 zeu_sys_AI and zeu_FindCover together with the above and zeu_glx & zeu_netcode, you've got it.

maturin: see above for reference.

=Sabre=TE=: is the x-ray vision thing when you're in trees on certain islands, or is it something else?

AnimalMother92: did you identify the cause by moving zeu_glx & zeu_netcode out of the addons directory, all else being equal?

Specific circumstances around the lockups? What do you run it with?

I'm also running the latest beta (76067).

System spec's as a guideline?

zeu_glx will no doubt add processing overhead due to the additional scripts, but it shouldn't be a problem.

Tawah: really appreciated thanks, I'm working on it tonight.

Protegimus

The new version of Zeus seems to be too heavy on the CPU

I just added 3 squads to Chernogorsk and FPS went down from 26-31 (w/o Zeus) to 23-25 (with Zeus).

Edited by metalcraze

AnimalMother92: did you identify the cause by moving zeu_glx & zeu_netcode out of the addons directory, all else being equal?

Specific circumstances around the lockups? What do you run it with?

I'm also running the latest beta (76067).

System spec's as a guideline?

zeu_glx will no doubt add processing overhead due to the additional scripts, but it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm running the old Zeus for ACE PBOs together with the latest sys_AI and FindCover. Thought I'd check out the new GLx and netcode PBOs and that's when I started getting the lockups. I was using Arma 2's Benchmark #1 for testing. Moving the 2 new PBOs to a Disabled folder removed the issue.

Intel Xeon quad core @ 2.8ghz

EVGA GTX 285 1GB

8GBs RAM

Intel SSD 160GB

Windows 7